Acrophobia #40 - Happy New Year! - ROUND 5

Julia H.

Welcome to a new game of Acrophobia!

This is another type of raven messages game, but this time the characters will send each other new year's greetings. Here are the rules copied from the last game:

Each round will provide a sender and recipient of a message with a time window within the books, your job will be to write this message from the given acronyms. You may of course not use symbols, only acceptable punctuation and format for clarity.

Please send your creation to me in a private message - send me a private message thread entitled "Acrophobia #40: [insert your board name here]" Keep using this PM to send subsequent entries.

Scoring

You vote for your favourite three entries in order of preference.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry and a point for voting.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain an extra 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie.

In the hope of making this new year a tiny bit better, I invite all who are interested in joining the game, Please, sign up.

Players:

Dolorous Gabe

Jez Bell

Castellan

RhaenysBee

Lilac & Gooseberries

Howlin' Howland

Ser Not Appearing

Six players have signed up, so I think we can start the game. Further players to join us are welcome any time during the game. We are going to have five rounds and you will be writing new year's wishes maybe a bit longer into the year than you usually do. Send me your entry for each round in a PM.

ROUND 1

Happy New Year 297!

296 AC had been a quiet year. Nothing much happened in either Westeros or Essos, at least not much the wiki chronicles noted, though events to be slowly unfolded in the coming year and beyond were probably brewing secretly… As 296 AC was nearing its end, beyond the Wall, Mance Rayder, wildling-turned-ranger-turned-wildling, found himself in possession of a raven from the Shadow Tower, the castle of the Night’s Watch where he had grown up. The raven made him think of his old commander, Denys Mallister and his old friend, Qhorin Halfhand. Midnight was approaching, and Mance's baritone voice filled the night: “Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind…” Suddenly he knew what to do with the bird. He would send his greetings for the new year to the Shadow Tower. For auld lang syne. And so he did.

What was the message?   

There are three acronyms you can choose from:

ATFNRLPBDG 

IHQTMLRO 

MBAIRK

Please, submit your entries not later than 10 p.m. (Central European Time) on Friday 29th January.

ROUND 1 ENTRIES

So here are the new year wishes sent by Mance Rayder to the Shadow Tower:

1. Indulgent holidays, Qhorin! To malt, lamb roast, overeating!

2. Mother bless all, irritating rangers. Kisses.

3. A toast flies nigh restless, let's pledge: bring drinks, grog!

4. Aye, testicles frozen.  Night remains long.  Peace, Brothers.  Do good.

5. Agenda (tentative): Fraternal non-belligerent reunion. Let’s plot bloodless directions, giggle.

6. Important happenings Qhorin.  Take my letter regarding Others . . .

Please, vote for your three favourite entries (in order of preference 1-3) not later than Monday February 1st. 

Round 2 will be announced within 24 hours.

1..    1. Indulgent holidays, Qhorin! To malt, lamb roast, overeating!

2     2. Mother bless all, irritating rangers. Kisses.

3.    3. A toast flies nigh restless, let's pledge: bring drinks, grog!

I was trying along these lines and couldn't do it, so I am very taken with these,

ROUND 2

Happy New Year 298!

In 297 AC Euron Greyjoy was exiled from the Iron Island by his brother Balon Greyjoy after committing certain unforgivable indiscretions within the family. Off he sailed and lived the life of a pirate captain on the seas of the Known World. Yet, he did not forget about his family, not that Euron Greyjoy. Nor did he stop planning his return. And he did not want his brothers to forget him either. So, as 298 AC was dawning, he found it appropriate to send his greetings and wishes to Balon for the new year.

What were his words?

There are three acronyms you can choose from:

KALOZHAJO

PAPAGAJ

KINCS

The deadline: Wednesday, January 3rd (10 p.m. Central European Time).

Archived