Acrophobia #40 - Happy New Year! - ROUND 5

Julia H.

ROUND 5 AUTHORS

1.       Salutations King.  Yes truly our Rickon's here - Skagos.  Voyage's over, onward victory. HH

2.       So, Kingslayer! Your treacherous, odious right hand's sliced -- vaporized! -- off, obnoxious vavasour!                                                                                                                                        CB

3.       Aye right, Kingslayer.  Very happily escaped siege in canoe.  Only, now dragons approach.  LOL!                                                                                                                                                             JB

4.       So kind, your thoughtful offers. Regretfully, however, swimming vigorously offered oathkeeping, vengeance.                                                                                                                                C                   

5.       Amused regards, kingslayer, vengeful hanging expected. Stoneheart is coming of noose, damnation and lawlessness.                                                                                                     DG                               

6.       Sister’s kid. Your true origins remain hidden secret. Victorious over oblivious vultures. LG

ROUND 5 RESULTS

HH: 1+1+3+2+3+2=12

CB: 1+1+1+1+2+2=8

JB: 1+1+2+3+3+1+1+2=14

C 1+1+1+3+1=7

DG: 1+1+3+2+2=9

LG: 1+1+2+1+3=8

FINAL RESULTS

HH 47+12=59

C 39+7=46

RB 43+0=43

JB 27+14=41

LG 30+8=38

DG 28+9=37

CB 11+8=19

Peering into the crystall ball (or Melisandre's fires) and interpreting what appears there is not an easy job, but if you enjoyed it just half as much as I enjoyed reading the messages coming from ASOIAF future, it must have been worth the effort. The winner of the last round is Jez Bell, who has also managed to permanently implant, in my mind, the impressive and formidable image of the Blackfish in a canoe heading for Essos and meeting the dragons halfway. With a heartwarmingly optimistic future message from Davos, the unstoppable Howlin' Howland scored second best in the round and won a sweeping victory in the game. Our lioness Castellan jumped to second place in the final round, while RhaenysBee finished in the top group despite sitting out the last round. Dolorous Gabe, Lilac & Gooseberries and Count Balerion provided excellent entries and made the game all the more exciting.

Congratulations to the winners and all the players, and thank you all for taking part in the game and making it fun for the host! :cheers:

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I'm sad I just don't have the imagination to host a philia game.  I could possibly manage 3 rounds.

It's too bad the round-robin idea was lost.

There probably have been 3-round philia games, and a 3-round philia game is much better than no philia game. 

Shall we try a round robin game.  I can come up with a couple of themes, but not enough for a full game.  Maybe if each of us can muster up a round, we will have a game.  I can take a first shot at some rules and we can make adjustments.

Whaddya tink?

Archived