US Politics: Already Incompetent!

TheLastWolf

Yes. There are enough of them anyway. By forum members with better knowledge about it. 

This thread is to guess the content of the parting letter Trump, sorry, tRump, left for Biden. Joe said it was 'very generous' but he'd only divulge it after talking to Donald. 

Here are netizens guesses. 

Joe, you know I won 

Suck on this! 

I won, by a lot! 

DIE M*****F****R! 

You guessed right. Nothing in the letter. Empty. Blank page. Or pages. My prediction 

Any other guesses? 

I'm sure our witty forum members would come up with great 'uns

Oh I missed the 'Dear Sleepy Joe

And i hear it's the first time in 150 years an outgoing president isn't attending the swearing in ceremony of the incoming prez/POTUS. 

Trump’s absence will be at least the fourth example of a President who did not attend his successor’s swearing-in amid a polarized political climate or after a contested presidential election, following Presidents John Adams, the second U.S. President; John Quincy Adams, the sixth President; and Andrew Johnson, the 17th President and the first to be impeached. All three were also one-term Presidents.

Plus here are previous outgoing prez letters 

The 1933 one highlighted 

Regarding the letter, my guess is that either its a shitty "You know I should be the one getting sworn in again" type thing; or its a bargaining attempt like "Hey, don't prosecute me and I promise I won't run in 2024."

6 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

If Biden meant Trump saying a shitty 'U know I won' letter as 'very generous', that's real incompetence 

You and I have very different definitions of incompetence. 

And inventing stuff and then using the invented stuff to kick at Biden is just ludicrous.

5 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You and I have very different definitions of incompetence. 

And inventing stuff and then using the invented stuff to kick at Biden is just ludicrous.

Oh boy! I was being sarcastic. Poe's Law. 

Edit 

Need to have a disclaimer next time 

@Fez,

And yet in the same light, today was the first morning in years where I woke up and didn't feel a need to immediately check the news because an orange racist shit stain wasn't at the wheel. I could lay in bed for a little bit, get up and do some yoga, shower and make breakfast before I bothered to flip it on. 

Dear JOE,

I wish you good luck as PRESIDENT! Your going to need it. It is a togh job, you wont believe how hard. No one told me it was like this, no one new, I think, but I did it!!! I built the greatest economy ever, I made America GREAT AGAIN! I hope you can follow my act, I believe you can, maybe, you can be one of the greats, almost as great as ME. I was only PRESIDENT for 4 years and look what I did, if I had 4 more, and I should have, you know that right, you wont believe what I could do. But who knows, 2024 is not that far away. I didnt wish to say it aloud, but you picked a good VP, a good catch if you know what I mean. Better than mine, worst VP ever. Kamela will help you, maybe. So all the best, JOE, dont let Mitch bully you, he is a not a good man, and make sure AMERICA continues to be great! I will be watching. 

Donald J Trump, best president ever. 

I'm sure it'll be something nefarious like "Sucker, I ate the presidential M&Ms. All of them. Also, lock your bedroom door at night, Stephen Miller likes to roam the hallways. Have fun with the House until I get back."

In a different bit of news, looks like Christopher Wray is being kept on FBI Director for the duration of his term (which has over 6 years left). There were rumors that might be the case, and it looks like they were true.

Guess this means he didn't do anything too terrible during the previous administration, and isn't being blamed for any intelligence failures related to the coup attempt.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

In a different bit of news, looks like Christopher Wray is being kept on FBI Director for the duration of his term (which has over 6 years left). There were rumors that might be the case, and it looks like they were true.

Guess this means he didn't do anything too terrible during the previous administration, and isn't being blamed for any intelligence failures related to the coup attempt.

Thanks for the info, but I think you have posted this in the wrong thread. I do not believe this one is meant to be the new US Politics thread.  This is only for those who wish to make jokes about the possible content of Trump's note.

The new US Politics thread is here:

Ah, the infamous letter. Not bothered enough to emulate Donnie's style, just a guess what's in it.

My tenure was a huge success, some people say even the most succesful presidency in history. Please pardon me for the good of the country. It will be bad for the country if I end up in court. Vague threats, something something, healing the divide coming together moving forward, only possible if I get a full pardon. Signed President of the United States.

That's my guess.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Fez,

And yet in the same light, today was the first morning in years where I woke up and didn't feel a need to immediately check the news because an orange racist shit stain wasn't at the wheel. I could lay in bed for a little bit, get up and do some yoga, shower and make breakfast before I bothered to flip it on. 

Oh please.  That's not true and you know it.  No one believes this when you say it.

Yoga? Bull. 

I think Biden has the potential to become as popular as say FDR, based on the challenges they each face(d) and how they respond(ed) to them. Crawling out of a great depression and 'winning' a war against a pandemic and deep economic uncertainty.

With that in mind, I think a series of smaller bills are best to get passed, starting with vaccine money and $1400 checks preferably through reconciliation.. My worry with a big omnibus bill is how Republicans will use parts of it (like a $15 minimum wage) to talk about 'job-killers'  and then sweep the midterms. The minimum wage increase has to be done, but I think a little leg-work has to be done to ensure it is popular among Americans (with some education as to how it wont make burgers cost $15)

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Fez,

Same here. Except the yoga part. What did Biden do, use a teleprompter or something?

Democrats poised to rebuff McConnell's filibuster demands
"Chuck Schumer is the majority leader and he should be treated like majority leader."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/21/democrats-mcconnell-filibuster-460967

Senate Democrats are signaling they will reject an effort by Mitch McConnell to protect the legislative filibuster as part of a deal to run a 50-50 Senate, saying they have little interest in bowing to his demands just hours into their new Senate majority.

McConnell has publicly and privately pressed Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer to work to keep the 60-vote threshold on most legislation as part of their power-sharing agreement. Democrats have no plans to gut the filibuster further, but argue it would be a mistake to take one of their tools off the table just as they're about to govern.

Many Democrats argue that having the threat of targeting the filibuster will be key to forcing compromise with reluctant Republicans. They also believe it would show weakness to accede to McConnell’s demand as he’s relegated to minority leader.

“Chuck Schumer is the majority leader and he should be treated like majority leader. We can get shit done around here and we ought to be focused on getting stuff done,” said Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.). “If we don’t, the inmates are going to be running this ship.”

Archived