US Politics - It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life for US

Which Tyler

Read that McConnel has been trying to delay the submission of the articles of impeachment by two weeks to give Trump time to formulate a defense.  He also said that he has a "right to a fair trial", which he didn't give two shits about last time and declared the whole thing is political and they can just vote on it ASAP.  Fuck that guy, and I'm glad the Democrats basically said so and will be submitting the articles to the Senate on Monday when the trial should begin.

17 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Take it from (sort of) reformed Republcan:

Also...

Meanwhile, on the "conservative" media:

"She was not a criminal like George Floyd."

In other words, she wasn't Black.

18 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Take it from (sort of) reformed Republcan:

Also...

Meanwhile, on the "conservative" media:

"She was not a criminal like George Floyd."

“She was not a criminal”- person shot while attempting to overthrow the government

”criminal like George Floyd” - guy who bought soda with what a cashier suspected MAY have been a fake $20 bill

15 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Read that McConnel has been trying to delay the submission of the articles of impeachment by two weeks to give Trump time to formulate a defense.  He also said that he has a "right to a fair trial", which he didn't give two shits about last time and declared the whole thing is political and they can just vote on it ASAP.  Fuck that guy, and I'm glad the Democrats basically said so and will be submitting the articles to the Senate on Monday when the trial should begin.

Not just that. Every day passing makes the insurrection more fuzzy in people's memory and the GOP/ Fox et al. spin gain gound.

35 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

About the rioters willing to move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3XOs7nQ38

I am willing to listen to their proposal in a few years.

The amount of video and photography generated in the insurrection at the Capitol will surely make these federal cases easier to prosecute.  Great video.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

When Trump finally came out and gave his speech after the riots condemning violence and preaching law and order (like a week after the fact) - my guess is that it was McConnell’s price for not voting to convict. I think there might have been a call, do this now or I’ll find 9 other Republicans to join with the Democrats to make your disgrace official. Could be wrong, but I don’t think Trump did that video out of his own goodwill and I also think McConnell ultimately will not vote to convict. 

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Fuck the “proud boys”.

I always knew you were a closeted NWA fan.  Breaking out the old cassette tapes, eh?

Interesting poll by Vox/DFP on approval for Biden's executive actions:

Among the subjects that get widespread support in addition to increasing access to DACA: 70 percent of people think he should go it alone in order to increase access to food and housing aid, and 66 percent support his ability to encourage government agencies to use products that are sustainable and made using fair labor practices.

Restoring regulations that protect the environment (51 percent), withdrawing US combat troops from Afghanistan (54 percent), and expanding banking services offered by the US Postal Service (51 percent) all garnered a narrow majority of support as well.

The only items that did not receive majority support were (unsurprisingly) abolishing the death penalty - 35/49 - and (somewhat surprisingly and disappointingly) rolling back Trump's travel ban - 39/42.

53 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

“She was not a criminal”- person shot while attempting to overthrow the government

”criminal like George Floyd” - guy who bought soda with what a cashier suspected MAY have been a fake $20 bill

100% Babbitt was a person shot while in the middle of committing a crime. Floyd did spend years in jail for a home invasion where he told a pregnant woman he’d shoot her in the belly, and so was a convicted criminal. But they were both parents. I wouldn’t describe someone in a violent mob “not aggressive”.

8 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I had to look up what DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) meant, but it did lead me to pondering whether Trump ever drove a car in his life (nothing wrong if you havent, but it speaks to having things done for him all his life). Pretty sure Biden has.

Confirmed. He also rides bikes and can walk down ramps

Archived