Which Tyler

US Politics - It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life for US

27 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

You don’t want her to stand up to the bullshit in her party?

The bullshit is her party. You shouldn't underestimate the smugness and cynicism of political observers.

She decided to be part of the rabid dog party, now she is full of bitemarks and fleas. And water is wet. :dunno:

Oh, this is too good.

The Buffalo Asshole feels somewhat put out by the whole thing. He's very, very sad.

Emily Hernandez is, "a 21 year old girl and she's got her whole life ahead of her... She's ready to move past it." Oh, fantastic. Is she sure she's ready to move past it? Well, as long as she's ready to move past it. 

The lawyer representing these clowns is going to pin the whole thing on Trump. These idiots are going to have to stand up in court and tell the jury how months of Trump's propaganda provoked all this. So much irony it makes me horny.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I mean, I’m sure the viking guy was at at least half mast the whole time.

Read that McConnel has been trying to delay the submission of the articles of impeachment by two weeks to give Trump time to formulate a defense.  He also said that he has a "right to a fair trial", which he didn't give two shits about last time and declared the whole thing is political and they can just vote on it ASAP.  Fuck that guy, and I'm glad the Democrats basically said so and will be submitting the articles to the Senate on Monday when the trial should begin.

17 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Take it from (sort of) reformed Republcan:

Also...

Meanwhile, on the "conservative" media:

"She was not a criminal like George Floyd."

In other words, she wasn't Black.

18 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Also...

“She was not a criminal”- person shot while attempting to overthrow the government

”criminal like George Floyd” - guy who bought soda with what a cashier suspected MAY have been a fake $20 bill

15 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Read that McConnel has been trying to delay the submission of the articles of impeachment by two weeks to give Trump time to formulate a defense.  He also said that he has a "right to a fair trial", which he didn't give two shits about last time and declared the whole thing is political and they can just vote on it ASAP.  Fuck that guy, and I'm glad the Democrats basically said so and will be submitting the articles to the Senate on Monday when the trial should begin.

Not just that. Every day passing makes the insurrection more fuzzy in people's memory and the GOP/ Fox et al. spin gain gound.

Edited by Mindwalker

32 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Also...

Fuck the “proud boys”.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Fuck the “proud boys”.

Language, Scot!

35 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

About the rioters willing to move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3XOs7nQ38

I am willing to listen to their proposal in a few years.

The amount of video and photography generated in the insurrection at the Capitol will surely make these federal cases easier to prosecute.  Great video.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

When Trump finally came out and gave his speech after the riots condemning violence and preaching law and order (like a week after the fact) - my guess is that it was McConnell’s price for not voting to convict. I think there might have been a call, do this now or I’ll find 9 other Republicans to join with the Democrats to make your disgrace official. Could be wrong, but I don’t think Trump did that video out of his own goodwill and I also think McConnell ultimately will not vote to convict.