US Politics - It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life for US

Which Tyler

2 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

A mini cooler stocked with diet cokes in the office is not an option? Why does there have to be a buzzer to call for someone for such a simple task?

I'll never understand what rich people enjoy as perks of their wealth (and maybe Presidents, but this seems more in keeping with trappings of wealth rather than power). Also, dont see Buffet or Gates doing something like this, maybe Bezos.

A cooler is too low-rent. Besides, how else is he going to impress those Russian diplomats? They've already seen his penis.

I hope the last coke he ordered got thrown at him.

59 minutes ago, Fez said:

Two very disconcerting stories coming out tonight that Biden appointees need to investigate thoroughly...

First, there was another hairbrained Trump scheme to steal Georgia's election that we never heard about. It involved replacing the acting AG with a true stooge who would compel Georgia's legislature to issue an electoral certification for Trump.

Second up, the FBI seems to have found proof that there was at least one person on the inside for the coup attempt. Though still not known who. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/conspiracy-oath-keeper-arrest-capitol-riot/2021/01/19/fb84877a-5a4f-11eb-8bcf-3877871c819d_story.html

Jesus. I just heard about the first. Hadn't heard about the second. My money's on Boebert.

48 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Jesus. I just heard about the first. Hadn't heard about the second. My money's on Boebert.

Maybe. Though I've heard the argument that a freshman like her wouldn't have had a good enough understanding of the layout of the building yet. More likely one of the Arizona Reps, or their staff, they've been around a while.

5 hours ago, Week said:

Which I believe is only a crime with *intent* to defraud. IIRC, my mom worked as a banker teller (ages ago) where a fake bill would just be set aside -- probably more likely that the person doesn't even know that it is a fake.

Not even going to respond to @Fragile Bird's nonsense post about previous criminal record and calling him a convicted criminal. I guess I just did respond to it. Still, the language is gross and it is completely irrelevant. Love ya Bird but every now and then you frame/comment on things in a pretty regressive manner. Probably a generation thing -- my folks do it too and they are lovely people.

I tattoo a lot of servers and bartenders and people in tipping industries and TONS of them have ended up with fake bills that they didn’t realize until they were brought to the bank or occasionally at the store. Stores also only have that marker which sometimes doesn’t work right. But the most I’ve ever heard of happening to anyone in either of those situations is just being told they can’t use it. It was HIGHLY unusual (an I live where this happened and take art classes next door) for the police to be called or for them to show up like that. Usually that’s a hold onto it and we will stop by in the next couple days maybe situation

4 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

A mini cooler stocked with diet cokes in the office is not an option? Why does there have to be a buzzer to call for someone for such a simple task?

I'll never understand what rich people enjoy as perks of their wealth (and maybe Presidents, but this seems more in keeping with trappings of wealth rather than power). Also, dont see Buffet or Gates doing something like this, maybe Bezos.

It’s less about the button and more about the Diet Coke. Rich guys will rich guy, but Diet Coke? Gross. If the button was for uncut cocaine, or gold dusted caviar, or pearls dissolved in vinegar, I’d just shrug and say, yep, that sounds about right. But using the button for Diet Coke is like owning a steakhouse and ordering the aged porterhouse well done with ketchup.

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

It’s less about the button and more about the Diet Coke. Rich guys will rich guy, but Diet Coke? Gross. If the button was for uncut cocaine, or gold dusted caviar, or pearls dissolved in vinegar, I’d just shrug and say, yep, that sounds about right. But using the button for Diet Coke is like owning a steakhouse and ordering the aged porterhouse well done with ketchup.

Theory - Diet Coke is the soda equivalent of Russian prostitute urine.  Did they say if he drank them in a normal fashion, or poured them in cascading rivulets down his face while cackling and laugh-weeping?

I’m increasingly convinced that the Democrats should have tacked on a lot more charges against Trump for his impeachment trial.

Particularly for trying to urge pence to overturn the election and his attempts to basically blackmail the Secretary of State of Georgia to find him votes.

Obviously gaining a conviction would nil in any case, but just going off the rioting charge it allows many republicans to frame themselves in opposition against only the democrats who are making the accusation.

On a more somber note:

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2021/01/22/it-has-become-harder-to-laugh-at-the-q-idiots/

I'm reading some of the stuff on r/QAnonCasualties. Whoever Q is, whoever the talking heads and politicians are that tacitly endorsed this stuff ; there isn't a hell hot enough for these bastards.

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Beyond “both sides” is literally every-damn-body

I guaran-damn-tee you that this soulless, craven, Trump-licking toad was one of the people saying we should just humor Trump's election fraud fantasies because it'd be harmless.

14 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Trump supporters filed a lawsuit in federal court to declare the current leadership invalid, and just like how Gondor's rule passed to a Steward in the absence of the King, a cabinet of "Stewards" should be appointed.

They are the absolute personification of the word “moron”.

Archived