HBO Planning Dunk and Egg, Other Thrones-properties

Westeros

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, I am excited about a Dunk and Egg series, and I wasn't about other shows. There are different sorts of viewers out there.

D and E is more my kind of show.

It makes you think, while at the same time, there's laughter and a lightening of the spirit that even in difficult times, there's friendship and courage.

I like that GRRM went there with a more classic storytelling feel to these adventures, and think it would translate quite well to the screen.

(Live action for this one!)

I hope that no one from AGOT is involved with D & E.

On 1/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, Ran said:

But Benioff and Weiss certainly aren't involved.

I wonder why, though. By their own choice? They had to at least have been contacted about House of the Dragon and the other spinoffs. Not that I'm complaining that they're uninvolved

On 1/5/2024 at 9:34 AM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

https://redanianintelligence.com/2024/01/05/a-knight-of-the-seven-kingdoms-aka-dunk-egg-series-gets-a-schedule-update/

Not a big deal but since I saw it, I might as well share it. The filming for Dunk and Egg has been pushed back from Spring 2024 to Summer 2024.

Could have been changed from late May to early June for all we know. Probably not gonna affect its premiere date by much, if at all

6 minutes ago, Potsk said:

I wonder why, though. By their own choice? They had to at least have been contacted about House of the Dragon and the other spinoffs. Not that I'm complaining that they're uninvolved

They are working for Netflix these days.