Martell Plan: Reversed Tasks

Angel Eyes

2 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

You can thank the show for that one. The show portrayed Viserys and Joffrey the same way.

This is simply not true. Very little of what you say is true. And I think your whole "I'm done talking about this because I don't agree with you" is silly and childish.

You need to go back and reread.

In Storm of Swords, Dany wants to join Jorah and Daario in the fall of Yunkai but has to be talked out of it. That's her whole purpose of her Summerhall talk with Barristan. When her masterplan for Meereen was enacted, she wanted to lead the charge into the city but she had to be talked out of it.

In Dance with Dragons, Dany thinks to herself - repeatedly - that she would rather be on a battlefield than in a throne room disseminating judgments and decrees. She also personally went into the plague-stricken camps outside Meereen and buried the bodies of the sick. She had to shame her councilors and soldiers into helping.

Besides, Tywin Lannister never got his hands dirty and always left the dirty work to his subjects and soldiers. Tywin led from the back.

When do you ever see Dany kill anyone with her own hands? Wanting to do something and doing it are two very different things. Also I hate Tywin so not sure what your point is. 

I ended the debate because it was going nowhere and I didn’t agree with anything LV was saying. I fully think Dany will lose her mind and become mad, just like in the show. 

Well yes, far better because It's likely that for starters both of them didn't die pointlessly. 

Dany needed someone who sold her the plan better and Oberyn is that person and he's nothing if not the fire Dany is looking for,  Even if he could not get her out of Dorne, he could have certainly prepared the terrain for a future engagement with Q, nor do i thinkthat Hizdahr would've been an impediment for the Martells if Oberyn deemed it necessary.

Q would not have intervened at all in the Lannister affair so...

Yet without Tyrion killing Tywin, you can bet that all the gold of Casterly Rock goes to pay someone to kill those dragons and once they are dead, there is no one to stop Tywin in the short term, the Golden Company would have never accepted Aegon's offer if the old man was still breathing,  the Others win. 

I don't get why people want to portray Doran so early. All I'm sure about is that he's an opportunist, that is for sure.

Quentyn's mission did end in a failure because if Doran. It ended because Daenerys' intention to not leave Meereen and his betrothal to Hizdahr.

**SPOILER** TWOW:Arianne Just remember how Doran showed he does care about Quentyn.

Even tho he's a big opportunist, only waiting for the right time to avenge his sister, remember how much influence House Martell would gain for helping the Targaryens, and getting married into the royal family. He does want to play that out too.

And there are so many things we barely know anything about:

-Doran's FRIENDS at court.

-For some reason he sent Hotah and Obara after Gerold, and that's not because of Myrcella.

-At some point, he might have contacted Illyrio/Varys.

I doubt we know anything about Doran's great plan and secret intentions that actually matters.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, sifth said:

When do you ever see Dany kill anyone with her own hands? Wanting to do something and doing it are two very different things. Also I hate Tywin so not sure what your point is. 

I ended the debate because it was going nowhere and I didn’t agree with anything LV was saying. I fully think Dany will lose her mind and become mad, just like in the show. 

She killed Drogo with a pillow.

Archived