Ted Lasso [TV-series 2020-...] - As Sweet as Apple+ Pie

Veltigar

16 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I just watched it this weekend.  (The Honest Trailer prompted me to check it out.). 

That was absolutely amazing.  Optimism without being deuded by cynicism.  A person who can and does deal with geuine pain and heartbreak without allowing the world to break him.

“Be curious… not Judgmental.”

I absolutely adored this show.  :)

That honest trailer is great right :D Glad to hear you also enjoyed Ted Lasso. This was easily the best show of 2020 for me. I hope they'll be able to recapture the magic this season.

I'm really in doubt about watching this on a weekly basis or just waiting for it to be done and binging it. Does anyone have any experience with waiting for this on a weekly basis during the first season?

I didn't realize the second season started. Yay! 

Velt, with the first season, I think I saw about half of it at once then the rest weekly. I'll stress the 'I think' coz I can't really remember...

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I'm really in doubt about watching this on a weekly basis or just waiting for it to be done and binging it. Does anyone have any experience with waiting for this on a weekly basis during the first season?

I'm going to try to skip the first three or four eps and avoid this thread. Then watch two eps at a time at my parents' home, and try to skip a week as needed, as it's a perfect show to watch with them. It's a bit short to wait a full week between each new episode, Perhaps I can put it fully on the back burner until near the end so I can binge it all myself, then watch a couple eps at a time with them.

Just watched the newest episode.  It continues to maintain its high quality mixture of comedy and drama.  Love every minute that Roy Kent is onscreen. 

Like others are suggesting, I would prefer to binge-watch.  I just can't help myself.  I have to watch it as soon as it's available.

7 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Just watched the newest episode.  It continues to maintain its high quality mixture of comedy and drama.  Love every minute that Roy Kent is onscreen. 

Like others are suggesting, I would prefer to binge-watch.  I just can't help myself.  I have to watch it as soon as it's available.

Roy is the best.  The way he refuses to talk down to his new team… despite the fact that it’s made up of 8 year old girls.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:09 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Not enough Roy this episode.  Not sure what the point of “Led Tasso” was?

Agreed.  For the most part, it felt like a filler episode. 

That little moment when Roy showed that he had gravitas even as a cardboard cutout was golden.

19 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Agreed.  For the most part, it felt like a filler episode. 

That little moment when Roy showed that he had gravitas even as a cardboard cutout was golden.

I find it interesting that Roy is my favorite character.  He a curmudgeon, but sincerely so, he’s not a cynic about it.

15 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That was cute.  But a Christmas episode in August is a little weird.

Agreed.  It was sweet but out of place.

I just keep wondering, "What's the through-line this season?"  It needs more than just a will they / won't they between Ted and Rebecca.  They better start winning a lot more games.  A record of 4-4-14 places them at the bottom half of the table, no?

On 8/14/2021 at 1:11 AM, Teng Ai Hui said:

Agreed.  It was sweet but out of place.

I just keep wondering, "What's the through-line this season?"  It needs more than just a will they / won't they between Ted and Rebecca.  They better start winning a lot more games.  A record of 4-4-14 places them at the bottom half of the table, no?

Theme to me, at least early on, is "is the nice guy schtick good for team morale but bad for winning"... 

Yea, 4-4-14 basically gives them zero chance of being promoted this season unless they win every match left and even then not sure it'll happen.

2 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

He's here. He's there.

He's every fucking where.

Roy Kent! Roy Kent!

Hide contents

Even though I love Roy, I still felt really bad for Nate in that final moment just before the credits rolled.

Nate is clearly intimidated by Roy but it was Nate’s sincere criticism that prompted Roy resurgence at Liverpool.  Nate is the one who needs to sit down with the Sports psychiatrist.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:21 AM, Mexal said:

Theme to me, at least early on, is "is the nice guy schtick good for team morale but bad for winning"... 

Yea, 4-4-14 basically gives them zero chance of being promoted this season unless they win every match left and even then not sure it'll happen.

According to the creator the series is right now only planned for 3 seasons, due to the limited availability of Jason Sudeikis, as mentioned in this podcast.

It would be a great twist if this show were at its core extremely cynical and it turns out Ted Lasso is a nice guy people love to be around but is a totally rubbish coach.

27 minutes ago, IFR said:

According to the creator the series is right now only planned for 3 seasons, due to the limited availability of Jason Sudeikis, as mentioned in this podcast.

It would be a great twist if this show were at its core extremely cynical and it turns out Ted Lasso is a nice guy people love to be around but is a totally rubbish coach.

Could definitely be. I felt like this was the set up of this season with the Psychologist and likely the arc for Ted. Not entirely sure it'll be the arc of the entire show though.

The show remains as charming as it was in season one. That said, I can't help but feel that this season is a bit...anemic? The first season had stakes, and conflict. People sometimes got angry. People sometimes got sad in a way that wasn't immediately solved by the end of the episode. There were conflicts that lasted more than a single episode. I'm still enjoying it, but I'm also a bit worried that it's becoming kind of aimless.

Finally watched this.  Season 1 is great, the first couple of season 2 were as good but the Led Tasso one was just... ugh and then the Christmas one was such saccharine BS I could barely stand it lol.  Thankfully Roy coming back episode was great again so hopefully the quality stays on that. It pretty obvious especially given that they said it's only 3 seasons that Roy will take over the head job at the end of the next season. Possibly getting them back to Premier League.

I really like how Nate was obviously and visibly displeased with Roy's joining.  He was the football brain between the 3 coaches and now someone more qualified is going to have that job.

Archived