Are the Qohori 3000 a Zulu reference?

Alyn Oakenfist

And I mean Zulu the movie. Think about it. First off we have

- The technologically inferior enemy (the Dothraki/Zulus) start off by slaughtering most of the enemy army, aka Isandlwana

- A subsequent battle takes place, now with a much smaller defending force (the 3000 vs the Rorke's Drift garrison) only now with them being forewarned and having good defensive positions.

- The Dothraki/Zulu, instead of properly using some potential advantages they have (flanking in the case of the Dothraki and captured firearms in the case of the Zulus) opt to attack straight on at the enemy

- Eventually after hours upon hours and charge upon charge, the survivors, exhausted and close to breaking are victorious and finally

- The enemy gives one last show of respect for their fellow warriors before departing, the Dothraki cutting their braids vs the Zulus chanting.

I mean this is a pretty obvious similarity if you ask me. But what do you think?

Technology did not play a deciding factor.  (Although the Zulus did not have to worry about running out of ammunition.  The classic movie was good). 

The discipline and the superb training of The Unsullied won the day.  They were thinking of executing their plan rather than each individual survival. 

The Others and their wights will be hard to fight for the same reason.  

Archived