The Unseen Characters - Will They Appear and How?

James Steller

There's a few characters who we've heard a lot about, who have detailed backstories based on their associations with other characters, and yet they have not directly appeared in the story yet. No doubt there's some I'll miss, but the main ones I'm thinking of are Howland Reed (obviously), Willas Tyrell, Leyton Hightower, Lynesse Hightower, and Lady Mellario of Norvos.

My questions are in the title. Opinions or educated guesses, either way, answer if you like.

Howland Reed I can only guess that we will see him either when Jon’s identity will come under question or when Robb’s will will resurface.
Gerion Lannister I don’t know how.
Tysha in order to make Tyrion even more remorseful.
A Dayne to tell us about Ashara’s story with Ned.
Leyton Hightower
Malora Hightower

2 hours ago, James Steller said:

There's a few characters who we've heard a lot about, who have detailed backstories based on their associations with other characters, and yet they have not directly appeared in the story yet. No doubt there's some I'll miss, but the main ones I'm thinking of are Howland Reed (obviously), Willas Tyrell, Leyton Hightower, Lynesse Hightower, and Lady Mellario of Norvos.

My questions are in the title. Opinions or educated guesses, either way, answer if you like.

I think most of the more prominent characters are taken so I will go sideways with Ashara Dayne.  Won't that be an interesting tale to read.  And Wylla the wet nurse.  Oh yah. 

3 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Howland Reed I can only guess that we will see him either when Jon’s identity will come under question or when Robb’s will will resurface.

My theory 

3 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Gerion Lannister I don’t know how.

Tysha in order to make Tyrion even more

Both In this 

6 hours ago, James Steller said:

Willas will probably appear as the Lord of the Reach after his father dies somehow. My guess would be that the abomination's notion of a great council could very well happen at some point, in which case he'll be there.

Leyton Hightower will probably appear when Euron proves too dangerous, and he'll most likely be a prominent victim of Euron's.

Lynesse and Mellario aren't important enough to make an appearance in the story.

Howland Reed will show up with Galbart Glover and the missing Mormonts in tow to give the big reveal of the Tower of Joy. Or he might appear in Bran's visions when he explores the past. It's tough to say.

IMHO magic is chaotic and very dangerous phenomenon and so anyone who uses it could cause massive collateral damage like we had seen at Hardhome, Doom of Valyria and Summerhall.

Or I assume that Team Hightower (lord of Oldtown and Mad Maid) will engage forces of Euron by using some magic. But those spells will backfire and Oldtown and many Ironborn will die in inferno caused by backfiring magic. So Oldtown and many people near that city will be destroyed by magic.

35 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

Or I assume that Team Hightower (lord of Oldtown and Mad Maid) will engage forces of Euron by using some magic. But those spells will backfire and Oldtown and many Ironborn will die in inferno caused by backfiring magic. So Oldtown and many people near that city will be destroyed by magic.

There's also a lot of hints there will be necromancy involved with the Hightowers, so I can see them accidentally creating a few wights (probably with Euron's help) that go on to wreck the city

11 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I think Homeland will show up in the ADOS epilogue, extra points if he shows up to take Ned's bones to the cripts.

I read this while I was watching clips from Carrie in Germany in S5 of Homeland. :lmao:

11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

I think Homeland will show up in the ADOS epilogue, extra points if he shows up to take Ned's bones to the cripts.

I would be exstatic if there was no Targaryen gene in Jon and he was as far away from this family as he could possible be. However I don't think so. Among others timeline doesn't work and the ToJ doesn't work.

11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Both In this 

For a time I also believed that Tysha was Lanna's mother but I find it more possible that Lanna's father is Gerion than Tyrion.

1 hour ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

I read this while I was watching clips from Carrie in Germany in S5 of Homeland. :lmao:

Damn autocorrect! There, I fixed it.

Possibly Dany and Jorah will meet Lynesse Hightower on their way from Slaver's Bay to Westeros. They will have to make at least one stop in Essos before they will cross the Narrow Sea. It's likely that they will make that stop at Lys, and that's where Lynesse is.

Could be that if Tyrion will join Dany's entorage then when they will be sailing to Westeros, on the way there they will make one stop at Lys (or Tyrosh) and another stop at Braavos, and only after that they will cross the sea. If Tyrion will visit Braavos, then it's likely that he will meet Sailor's wife and her daughter Lanna. And that's when it will be revealed that S'sW is Tysha.

Howland Reed's wife, in my opinion, is actually Ashara Dayne, so unless she died some time after giving birth to Jojen, or from later pregnancy or miscarriage, then she should be still alive. So whenever Howland will appear, he will also reveal his wife's identity, and will reveal to Jon who his real parents were. Most likely, Ashara herself will tell Jon about his parents, because she was with Lyanna, when Lyanna was giving birth to Jon at Starfall (I'm sure that Jon was born not at the Tower of Joy but at Starfall).

Quaithe will appear again, this time in Westeros. That's when she will reveal her real identity - Shiera Seastar.

If we will meet Leyton Hightower, then it's likely that it will happen in one of Sam's chapters. Willas Tyrell is one of Leyton's grandchildren, so it's likely that Sam will meet Willas at the same time as Leyton. Because it's not like Willas is glued to Highgarded, and there's plenty of reasons for him to visit his grandfather at Oldtown.

I doubt that we will meet Melario. Norvos is not on Dany's path to Westeros, and there's no reason for other characters to go to Norvos. So unless Melario will come to Dorne after she will find out about her son's death, then she won't ever appear in the books. Also adding her into the cast of characters isn't necessary. What will be her contribution to the story? She isn't necessary.

The people who are likely about to be added to the small council in TWoW. Maester Gormon might be sent to KL to take Pycelle's place. And there's Garth the Gross and his two bastard sons. 

There's Gyles Rosby's unnamed ward. 

Leyton Hightower and all those children who have been mentioned on page but that we've never seen. Malora, Baelor, Garth, Humfrey, Gunthor, Lynesse. I think them, minus Lynesse, as well as the Tyrell boys will be seen through Sam's POV. There's also Damphair, but I  really don't want to see them in his POV because it means that they might have been captured by Euron and the thought that he will torture them makes me sick to my stomach.

The Daynes, through Areo Hotah's POV. I'm pretty sure we'll finally see Starfall. Wylla was mentioned upthread. Allyria, so that we can finally figure out if she's really Ashara's sister or daughter.

I think we will be meeting Howland sooner rather than later. I think we'll see him at the Wall, though. Howland is a character who is a bit WTF to me with regard to his children. 

There's other characters with no backstories that keep coming up in the Appendix of the books that I think we will be meeting, like Maester Jurne at Storm's End, or the Frey children who live near our POV characters. 

22 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

It was just a funny coincidence.

Yep, I got it, just that the outcorrect had already changed Howland to Homeland once before.

-Old Nan!!!! Where is she? The dreadfort? Winterfell? 

- I’d say Leyton Hightower but I’m very confident we will see him when Euron sacks Oldtown. SOOOOOOO ill be different and pick a different dayne... Allyria Dayne. She was betrothed to Beric, Has she been notified about his death? Remember Edric “Ned” Dayne is the current lord of Starfall. After Beric passes the flame of life to Cat the brotherhood splits up, some stay with Cat (Thoros/Jack-be-lucky/Harwin/etc) Some go with Ned (The mad huntsman/Anguy). It’s not far fetched that Ned and Co are looking for Arya and might bump back into their former counterparts. Who knows what information each could have at this point especially if Ned is communicating with Starfall (just to be different)

- this is pure bias just because I know it would be interesting chapter but the Sealord of Bravos. I would love to see him appear in a Arya chapter.

Archived