Dareon was a victim of Arya's brand of "justice"

15 hours ago, Darksnider05 said:

You have proof the Lord who sent him was Corrupt?  Can you share the textual evidence of this?

Heck, the only textual evidence we have seems to suggest Mathis Rowan is one of the few Reach lords with an actual sense of justice, which makes Daeron's case that much worse

4 minutes ago, lrresistable said:

I don't know, a little girl joining a death cult going around murdering people is pretty insane dude. Even by ASOIAF standards

That's... beyond trivializing.

Give me one quote, one instance, one shred of proof of her losing her mind, or as you say it, "going insane". I mean, does she have hallucinations? Is she a narcissist? Does she have any mental condition besides a very strong PTSD and a general desensitization, neither of which qualifies as insanity?

18 hours ago, Darksnider05 said:

You have proof the Lord who sent him was Corrupt?  Can you share the textual evidence of this?

The word "corrupt" is defined as "having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain".

Did Lord Mathis Rowan act dishonestly in return for personal gain? Absolutely. He is a treasonous POS who jumped on Renly bandwagon despite the fact that Renly was an obvious usurper. When Renly died, Rowan joined the Lannisters. For aiding traitorous, usurping, mass murdering Lannister regime Lord Rowan gains land, thus fulfilling the second part of the definition.

So yes, Mathis Rowan is as corrupt as they come.

1 minute ago, Myrish Lace said:

He is a treasonous POS who jumped on Renly bandwagon despite the fact that Renly was an obvious usurper. When Renly died, Rowan joined the Lannisters. For aiding traitorous, usurping, mass murdering Lannister regime Lord Rowan gains land, thus fulfilling the second part of the definition.

So yes, the Mathis Rowan is as corrupt as they come.

Sorry, but Mathis just followed his liege lord. In the world of ASOIAF following your liege Lord, even in rebellion is never really considered bad or even treasonous except if you do something awful in that position.

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

That's... beyond trivializing.

Give me one quote, one instance, one shred of proof of her losing her mind, or as you say it, "going insane". I mean, does she have hallucinations? Is she a narcissist? Does she have any mental condition besides a very strong PTSD and a general desensitization, neither of which qualifies as insanity?

Am i wrong? Or is the only type of insanity a  mind addled yokel traversing the streets telling people that the end is neigh?

I just gave you 1 detail from Arya's life.  the context of Arya joining the House of Black & White aside, any casual outsider who read that would be like what the fuck, that's insane, who does that?

Does a little girl willingly taking on the profession of a killer not seem insane to you?

28 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think he meant to give actual quotes or at least proof from the books, and not just state things like "Arya is insane" as if it was a simple fact or axiom.

It is a fact.  Arya is insane.  

What you’re asking for, just to prolong the discussion and hassle Arya’s critics, is a direct statement from the author, “Arya Stark is insane.” Its not going to appear inside the books.  You don’t need a direct statement to tell you that Ramsay is a bad man. His behavior shows it.  It’s the same for Arya being crazy.  Her actions says she is.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:51 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

But we can all agree that he was twice the victim of injustice.  The first came from Lord Rowan and his daughter at Goldengrove.  And the second injustice came from Arya Stark.  Arya Stark murdered Dareon in Braavos.  Arya's thirst for blood and revenge is not justice. 

Well, duh?

Daeron was forcibly conscripted into penal colony/army under the guise of a judicial punishment. But there is no evidence of his guilt and there was no fair trial, so the verdict was obviously unjust and Daeron does not owe the Watch anything. If anything, it would be just and fair for him to escape. Arya is no judge, no jury and not even an executioner. Her playing all three makes her a garden variety murderer, not an agent of justice.

55 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:
1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think he meant to give actual quotes or at least proof from the books, and not just state things like "Arya is insane" as if it was a simple fact or axiom.

Tell us, oh wise one, what drew you to this conclusion? Like give me moments, or quotes, or literally any proof, because so far you haven't, besides reiterating your point, without any supporting evidence.

1 hour ago, lrresistable said:

Am i wrong? Or is the only type of insanity a  mind addled yokel traversing the streets telling people that the end is neigh?

I just gave you 1 detail from Arya's life.  the context of Arya joining the House of Black & White aside, any casual outsider who read that would be like what the fuck, that's insane, who does that?

Does a little girl willingly taking on the profession of a killer not seem insane to you?

Those are all bad things, but none of them shows insanity. There are many little boy who are killers in our world, and most of them aren't insane, they are just traumatized a bunch because of a whole bunch of shitty life experiences.

Is what Arya is doing bad? yes. Evil? yes. Is she going down a very dark path that can lead her to do horrible things? yes. 

But there's a reason why she does all the things she does. 

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

What you’re asking for, just to prolong the discussion and hassle Arya’s critics, is a direct statement from the author, “Arya Stark is insane.” Its not going to appear inside the books.  You don’t need a direct statement to tell you that Ramsay is a bad man. His behavior shows it.  It’s the same for Arya being crazy.  Her actions says she is.

No, what we are asking is that you point to specific instances that lead you to think she is insane, otherwise you are just claiming things without proof or context, which is an impossible thing to argue against, so, if you explain yourself you can maybe convince some of us, or at the very least we can have a debate why we all think the things we do. But if you keep bringing no arguments just 'it's obvious' well, then we'll know you don't have any. And if people follow your logic, anyone can claim anything without proof and defend it with 'it's obvious', for example: Dany loves listening to jazz, it's obvious. Prove me wrong.

Archived