Dareon was a victim of Arya's brand of "justice"

1 hour ago, HoodedCrow said:

Also I’m bored to death. 

Who isn't tho.

The worrying part tho is this:

3 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

She resists gender normative, more appropriate clothing and activities. She denies identifying as a male, but is a transvestite. 

On 1/31/2021 at 5:51 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Dareon is not the most mature man to ever wear the black.  But we can all agree that he was twice the victim of injustice.  The first came from Lord Rowan and his daughter at Goldengrove.  And the second injustice came from Arya Stark.  Arya Stark murdered Dareon in Braavos.  Arya's thirst for blood and revenge is not justice. 

Witnessing Ned's death caused Arya to crack.  Her mind is screwed because she is emotionally damaged from trauma and madness.  Arya is quite similar to Gollum and needle is her precious item.  Don't worry about justice, Arya will get what's coming to her when she dies with needle in her hands.  

51 minutes ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Witnessing Ned's death caused Arya to crack.  Her mind is screwed because she is emotionally damaged from trauma and madness.  Arya is quite similar to Gollum and needle is her precious item.  Don't worry about justice, Arya will get what's coming to her when she dies with needle in her hands.  

Didn't Yoren cover Arya's eyes stopping her from seeing her fathers death?  :read:

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I think that Arya (like Sansa or Daenerys or many inhabitants of the Riverlands) must be carrying a lot of repressed trauma, given her horrid experiences.  That’s not the same thing as psychopathy.

But... But... Muh fanfiction says she's "insane"

I was speaking in the character of a pedantic, pathologizing health care professional. And it’s obviously inaccurate:)  I was inspired by Martins historian, Mushroom. Iit’s more of a parody. Many professionals are quietly and unconsciously misogynistic In some parts of the world they are obsessed with gender roles, and are very unkind to women ( conforming or not) They used to be just as ignorant about sexual orientation ( and some still are) and autism. Conversion therapy has not been universally outlawed.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rowling has had some very out of date advice about trans people from well qualified and trusted sources. She is not a clinician at all. Neither is Martin.

What I would really think is that Arya has been traumatized, but is amazingly clever, resilient, capable of empathy and I would feel lucky to know her. She helps her friends and otherwise has adapted to her conditions. She deserves support and help  She responds well to mentors and teachers like Syrio. Martin says that she is like a child soldier. She is not psychotic in this world filled with horrors and well established magic. She is not dissociative, unless you don’t buy skin changing. Might she go down a darker path?...oh yes. Can she change direction? Arya is a survivor.

People have silly ideas about “ crazy”,   but what can you do?

9 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Neither is Martin.

What I would really think is that Arya has been traumatized, but is amazingly clever, resilient, capable of empathy and I would feel lucky to know her. She helps her friends and otherwise has adapted to her conditions. She deserves support and help

I mean tbf GRRM only uses the whole gender mixing thing as foreshadowing for Arya's greater identity conflict later on.

1 hour ago, HoodedCrow said:

I was speaking in the character of a pedantic, pathologizing health care professional. And it’s obviously inaccurate:)  I was inspired by Martins historian, Mushroom. Iit’s more of a parody. Many professionals are quietly and unconsciously misogynistic In some parts of the world they are obsessed with gender roles, and are very unkind to women ( conforming or not) They used to be just as ignorant about sexual orientation ( and some still are) and autism. Conversion therapy has not been universally outlawed.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rowling has had some very out of date advice about trans people from well qualified and trusted sources. She is not a clinician at all. Neither is Martin.

What I would really think is that Arya has been traumatized, but is amazingly clever, resilient, capable of empathy and I would feel lucky to know her. She helps her friends and otherwise has adapted to her conditions. She deserves support and help  She responds well to mentors and teachers like Syrio. Martin says that she is like a child soldier. She is not psychotic in this world filled with horrors and well established magic. She is not dissociative, unless you don’t buy skin changing. Might she go down a darker path?...oh yes. Can she change direction? Arya is a survivor.

People have silly ideas about “ crazy”,   but what can you do?

Generally, Arya and Daenerys are both subject to a lot of cod psychology from people without any qualifications (including Benioff and Weiss).

PTSD/Combat stress are genuine mental health conditions, but neither is “madness” in the popular sense.

What’s worse is mixing up insanity with evil.  This is understandable in-universe (even if some people do have a rudimentary understanding that insane people have diminished responsibility) but it’s not something a reader ought to do.

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Based on what?

If I read all the theories correctly: Arya is planning to skinchange Dany, take Drogon to KL (quickly solving the Meereenese knot), burn the city, finish breaking Dany's mind, leave her broken husk in that little brothel with the red door in Lys...all just in time to have dinner in Braavos with Littlefinger and Varys to celebrate their victory.

2 minutes ago, Tucu said:

If I read all the theories correctly: Arya is planning to skinchange Dany, take Drogon to KL (quickly solving the Meereenese knot), burn the city, finish breaking Dany's mind, leave her broken husk in that little brothel with the red door in Lys...all just in time to have dinner in Braavos with Littlefinger and Varys to celebrate their victory.

No, because that would make the people hate Dany, and we can't have that. I mean having Dany being despised by the populace despite being a kind and benevolent ruler, has too much dramatic conflict and irony for our fanfiction GRRM's work.

Dany must be worshipped by their people as their savior and the fairy God Queen.

Former President Voldemort is the most evil person that I know of in the present world. He has been diagnosed pretty closely, but the word “ evil” is subjective. One can opine. I was looking for some redeeming qualities or examples and there are none. He is the poster child for the seven deadly sins. Talking people out of an effective Covid response is evil, ( especially if they knew )just on its own.

Hey, that is a great question for Martin or anyone else, we could rank order characters according to evil vs good. Most of them are grey.

Anyone that thinks that children can’t be malicious has a fairy godparent, and hasn’t spent any time on the playground:). There are also very touchingly lovely actions.

19 minutes ago, broken one said:

yes, lets leave dany out of arya's psychopatic ways. it's the W business arya is standing behind. her evil is animating them. have you seen forbidden planet? just like morbius, she is fuelling the demons.

The WW and wights are souls running away. The Bloodstone Emperor woke up in the Lands of Always Winter after 8000 years shivering and shouted: "Arya is coming, better melt in Dorne than face her"

Archived