Dareon was a victim of Arya's brand of "justice"

8 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

I was speaking in the character of a pedantic, pathologizing health care professional. And it’s obviously inaccurate:)  I was inspired by Martins historian, Mushroom. Iit’s more of a parody. Many professionals are quietly and unconsciously misogynistic In some parts of the world they are obsessed with gender roles, and are very unkind to women ( conforming or not) They used to be just as ignorant about sexual orientation ( and some still are) and autism. Conversion therapy has not been universally outlawed.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rowling has had some very out of date advice about trans people from well qualified and trusted sources. She is not a clinician at all. Neither is Martin.

What I would really think is that Arya has been traumatized, but is amazingly clever, resilient, capable of empathy and I would feel lucky to know her. She helps her friends and otherwise has adapted to her conditions. She deserves support and help  She responds well to mentors and teachers like Syrio. Martin says that she is like a child soldier. She is not psychotic in this world filled with horrors and well established magic. She is not dissociative, unless you don’t buy skin changing. Might she go down a darker path?...oh yes. Can she change direction? Arya is a survivor.

People have silly ideas about “ crazy”,   but what can you do?

Key then, sorry again.

5 hours ago, Rondo said:

Arya is the slap in the face to the notion of children being innocent.  Here is a child who is anything but.  She is as evil as one can get.  George Martin is challenging his reader to accept that children can be evil too.  

You only say this cause you're biased, or else you would bring some proof or try to argue against other people's arguments, not just repeat the same bullshit you already said.

19 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Witnessing Ned's death caused Arya to crack.  Her mind is screwed because she is emotionally damaged from trauma and madness.  Arya is quite similar to Gollum and needle is her precious item.  Don't worry about justice, Arya will get what's coming to her when she dies with needle in her hands.  

:agree:

I got kicked off the Ask and You shall be Answered thread , but my answer was the quality of “ Mercy”. I find the mechanics of this board difficult to use, ( I am handicapped and I’ve also had chemo, and I have never once had the search engine work. Still, if it helps the board if I click on random ads, I will.

I am not confident enough to PM.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:32 AM, Only 89 selfies today said:

Witnessing Ned's death caused Arya to crack.  Her mind is screwed because she is emotionally damaged from trauma and madness.  Arya is quite similar to Gollum and needle is her precious item.  Don't worry about justice, Arya will get what's coming to her when she dies with needle in her hands.  

That’s kind of an excuse but still. She chose to join a cult of death worshippers.  Sansa was there too but doesn’t seem as traumatized.  Sansa is selfish but she didn’t lose her mind like Arya did.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, Bowen 747 said:

George R. R. Martin said in an interview that Arya Stark is psychopathic murderer.  Pay careful attention around the 55 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfbwx7RAJss&feature=youtu.be&t=3316

That settles the argument.  No amount of spinning from her fans will change that.  Arya Stark is crazy and suffers from a severe personality disorder. 

I love the part about "incredibly hot chick riding a dragon."  He follows this by confirming Arya as a psychopath.  That was a very interesting interview.  

1 minute ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

I love the part about "incredibly hot chick riding a dragon."  

Of course you do, I mean what us sexier than Weapons of Mass Destruction able to kill thousands on the spot?

3 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

He follows this by confirming Arya as a psychopath

I thought she was "insane". However, even so, mind proving it in the actual text?

27 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

I love the part about "incredibly hot chick riding a dragon."  He follows this by confirming Arya as a psychopath.  That was a very interesting interview.  

As has been established, George was joking around in that interview, not being serious. 

George R. R. Martin deliberately wrote Arya Stark as a psychopath.  What he said in the interview made that plain.  The only argument Arya's fans can make is whether GRRM did a good job of getting it across to his audience (that Arya is a homicidal psychopath).  But the fact that he described her as a psychopath removed any loophole to interpret Arya any other way.  Arya Stark is a mad psychopath.  

42 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Of course you do, I mean what us sexier than Weapons of Mass Destruction able to kill thousands on the spot?

I thought she was "insane". However, even so, mind proving it in the actual text?

It’s in the text that she is losing her empathy 

She could feel the hole inside her every morning when she woke. It wasn't hunger, though sometimes there was that too. It was a hollow place, an emptiness where her heart had been, where her brothers had lived, and her parents. Her head hurt too. Not as bad as it had at first, but still pretty bad. Arya was used to that, though, and at least the lump was going down. But the hole inside her stayed the same. The hole will never feel any better, she told herself when she went to sleep. ASOS

That night after supper, Arya went back to her cell and took off her robe and whispered her names, but sleep refused to take her. She tossed on her mattress stuffed with rags, gnawing on her lip. She could feel the hole inside her where her heart had been. AFFC

Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow affect, glibness, manipulation and callousness.

23 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

You failed to establish anything even close to that.  There is no loophole for you to argue Arya out of being a psychopath.  

I did. It's not my fault you chose to completely ignore my earlier very detailed comment. George was joking around in the interview and so it's not the all important word of god you want it to be. Sorry.

24 minutes ago, Crona said:

It’s in the text that she is losing her empathy 

She could feel the hole inside her every morning when she woke. It wasn't hunger, though sometimes there was that too. It was a hollow place, an emptiness where her heart had been, where her brothers had lived, and her parents. Her head hurt too. Not as bad as it had at first, but still pretty bad. Arya was used to that, though, and at least the lump was going down. But the hole inside her stayed the same. The hole will never feel any better, she told herself when she went to sleep. ASOS

That night after supper, Arya went back to her cell and took off her robe and whispered her names, but sleep refused to take her. She tossed on her mattress stuffed with rags, gnawing on her lip. She could feel the hole inside her where her heart had been. AFFC

Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow affect, glibness, manipulation and callousness.

Dude you disproved your whole point by showing someone in the middle of deep grieving and depression from it.  You don't feel those things without empathy.

9 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

Dude you disproved your whole point by showing someone in the middle of deep grieving and depression from it.  You don't feel those things without empathy.

You do realize you can be depressed and lose part of your sanity too?

Another question, Jon wanted to desert the NW to join Robb. If he had done that, would Arya morally be justified in killing him?

He wondered what Lord Eddard might have done if the deserter had been his brother Benjen instead of that ragged stranger. Would it have been any different? It must, surely, surely … and Robb would welcome him, for a certainty. He had to, or else …

17 minutes ago, Crona said:

You do realize you can be depressed and lose part of your sanity too?

Another question, Jon wanted to desert the NW to join Robb. If he had done that, would Arya morally be justified in killing him?

He wondered what Lord Eddard might have done if the deserter had been his brother Benjen instead of that ragged stranger. Would it have been any different? It must, surely, surely … and Robb would welcome him, for a certainty. He had to, or else …

I don't think that has anything to do with this topic and kind of feels like a derail as it's asking for a hypothetical.  But people would be justified in killing Jon if he had deserted at that time with his only reprieve being getting to Robb and being pardoned by his Brother.  Arya as his sibling would not be doing it or any member of House Stark for that matter.

17 minutes ago, Darksnider05 said:

I don't think that has anything to do with this topic and kind of feels like a derail as it's asking for a hypothetical.  But people would be justified in killing Jon if he had deserted at that time with his only reprieve being getting to Robb and being pardoned by his Brother.  Arya as his sibling would not be doing it or any member of House Stark for that matter.

This thread is about Arya killing a NW deserter. The only POV we have someone who tried to desert is Jon, and he would have but his friends. His friends had enough empathy to understand his situation and stopped him. Which is the reason you should question Arya’s morality and her sense of empathy.

Archived