Dareon was a victim of Arya's brand of "justice"

7 minutes ago, broken one said:

And what if my father was a pterodactile? Well, he is not, thank gods.

Jon did not try to desert to drink, have fun with prostitutes and dress up like a parrot, I think the detail is important if we talk about morals.

Wait whoring and drinking morally justifies murder? Also if Jon ended up in the Lannister or even Tyrell hands he would be considered a deserter that went to join his rebel brother to fight against them which I think is worse. 

12 minutes ago, Crona said:

Wait whoring and drinking morally justifies murder? Also if Jon ended up in the Lannister or even Tyrell hands he would be considered a deserter that went to join his rebel brother to fight against them which I think is worse. 

Are you comparing wanting to go fight in battle and possibly die in defense of your family with deserting your brothers in Braavos?  Hell if Dareon had paid their way to leave Braavos instead of what he did you might have an argument but that is not what he was doing.

8 hours ago, Crona said:

It’s in the text that she is losing her empathy 

She could feel the hole inside her every morning when she woke. It wasn't hunger, though sometimes there was that too. It was a hollow place, an emptiness where her heart had been, where her brothers had lived, and her parents. Her head hurt too. Not as bad as it had at first, but still pretty bad. Arya was used to that, though, and at least the lump was going down. But the hole inside her stayed the same. The hole will never feel any better, she told herself when she went to sleep. ASOS

That night after supper, Arya went back to her cell and took off her robe and whispered her names, but sleep refused to take her. She tossed on her mattress stuffed with rags, gnawing on her lip. She could feel the hole inside her where her heart had been. AFFC

Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow affect, glibness, manipulation and callousness.

You're cherry picking a very one-sided point and it's just sad. What the quote you referenced is Arya's depression, not her lack of empathy. 

Arya's depression is very evident but to color that with a personality disorder just because it fits your negative view of her.. is just wow. Especially when many millions of people who do go through depression aren't automatic psychopaths. It's quite insulting actually. 

Despite all that she has lost, what Arya truly desires the most isn't revenge or killing. 

On 2/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, HoodedCrow said:

I was speaking in the character of a pedantic, pathologizing health care professional. And it’s obviously inaccurate:)  I was inspired by Martins historian, Mushroom. Iit’s more of a parody. Many professionals are quietly and unconsciously misogynistic In some parts of the world they are obsessed with gender roles, and are very unkind to women ( conforming or not) They used to be just as ignorant about sexual orientation ( and some still are) and autism. Conversion therapy has not been universally outlawed.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rowling has had some very out of date advice about trans people from well qualified and trusted sources. She is not a clinician at all. Neither is Martin.

What I would really think is that Arya has been traumatized, but is amazingly clever, resilient, capable of empathy and I would feel lucky to know her. She helps her friends and otherwise has adapted to her conditions. She deserves support and help  She responds well to mentors and teachers like Syrio. Martin says that she is like a child soldier. She is not psychotic in this world filled with horrors and well established magic. She is not dissociative, unless you don’t buy skin changing. Might she go down a darker path?...oh yes. Can she change direction? Arya is a survivor.

People have silly ideas about “ crazy”,   but what can you do?

Brilliant. :D

9 hours ago, broken one said:

And what if my father was a pterodactile? Well, he is not, thank gods.

Jon did not try to desert to drink, have fun with prostitutes and dress up like a parrot, I think the detail is important if we talk about morals.

Jon compromised the safety of the many to help one, his sister.  He made it personal when he should have been dutiful and professional.  Arya was his past and he should have left it at that.  Jon was willing to start a war for his sister. And that at the worst possible time. Jon acted irresponsibly, Jon acted selfishly, Jon committed treason, and Jon got killed.  Now about Arya being crazy.  She is that.  She is a psycho and it came directly from the author.  

9 hours ago, Crona said:

True.  Also, men of the watch taking unapproved leave for a night on the town is tolerated.  Though Dareon took it farther.  Breaking neutrality, beheading another brother for a minor crime, sending a mission to take his sister away from a marriage, and planning an attack on the people they were supposed to protect are more serious offenses than anything Dareon ever did.  Jon did all of those things.

43 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Jon compromised the safety of the many to help one, his sister.  He made it personal when he should have been dutiful and professional.  Arya was his past and he should have left it at that.  Jon was willing to start a war for his sister. And that at the worst possible time. Jon acted irresponsibly, Jon acted selfishly, Jon committed treason, and Jon got killed.  Now about Arya being crazy.  She is that.  She is a psycho and it came directly from the author.  

jon linked up NW's future with stannis. mostly because he had no other choice, but partially because stannis knows who the real enemy is and gives NW hope to stop WW. stannis set against boltons. then the letter comes... jon has to finish boltons off to safe NW's back, no matter how much truth is in the letter.

moreover, the discussion has nothing to do with it. 

jon tried to desert for motives which are mitigating factor. dareon left his commerades in need and deserted for motives which are low. I have nothing more to add.

3 minutes ago, broken one said:

jon linked up NW's future with stannis. mostly because he had no other choice, but partially because stannis knows who the real enemy is and gives NW hope to stop WW. stannis set against boltons. then the letter comes... jon has to finish boltons off to safe NW's back, no matter how much truth is in the letter.

moreover, the discussion has nothing to do with it. 

jon tried to desert for motives which are mitigating factor. dareon left his commerades in need and deserted for motives which are low. I have nothing more to add.

So this is hard, and I know I hardly resist the temptation, but I think we should ignore them. It's the same thing always, whatever the discussion, someone comes along and derails it with how Dany is the Fairy God Queen, and or the Starks are the spawn of the Others, dooming the world, blah blah blah.  don't know, let's try to ignore it, as I don't have the energy for it anymore.

53 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Do you think Jon was named by Martin because of Jean Valjean?

I mean I already call the Jon and Val ship Valjon, which I think is possibly intentional. Maybe Val was named after Valjean?

However, as for on himself, I think he was named after John of Glouster, Richard the IIIrd's bastard kid, because Ned is basically Richard the IIIrd, so I imagine the name for his bastard "son" is the same as the name for Richard's.

14 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya Stark is the equivalent of Padan Fain in asoiaf.  Padan is one of the many villains in Robert Jordan's stories.  The Wheel of Time is epic and worth your investment of time.  

You've said that six times already. This is the seventh time you said the same stuff just on this thread without bringing a shred of proof, just rephrasing it again and again.

On 1/31/2021 at 1:18 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya is emotionally disabled and mentally unstable.   It's Dareon's bad luck to run into her.  

On 2/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya was already broken internally.  In her head.  That malicious act of murdering Dareon placed Arya in the villain category in my eyes.  

On 2/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Trauma was a contributing factor which led to Arya's ptsd like symptoms.  Arya's numb to violence and has become one of the most cruel person there is.  She's like Aerys in that way.  

On 2/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya is not a hero.  She's a villain with point of view chapters.  

On 2/14/2021 at 3:04 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

:)

Proven.  Arya is mentally sick. 

On 2/16/2021 at 4:19 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

All of the main characters, except Jon and Sansa, have high IQ.  Daenerys, Bran, Tyrion, Samwell, and Jorah are smart people.  Arya is somewhat smart for her age and still be crazy.  Arya is a psycho and a villain.

So for the last time, PROVE IT!!!!

32 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You've said that six times already. This is the seventh time you said the same stuff just on this thread without bringing a shred of proof, just rephrasing it again and again.

Something tells me this isn't going to b the last time.

6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

She can't, she knows she's lying.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:51 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Dareon is not the most mature man to ever wear the black.  But we can all agree that he was twice the victim of injustice.  The first came from Lord Rowan and his daughter at Goldengrove.  And the second injustice came from Arya Stark.  Arya Stark murdered Dareon in Braavos.  Arya's thirst for blood and revenge is not justice. 

Arya can't tell what justice is because she is already crazy.  Sandor and Juaqen made her worse.  

On 2/16/2021 at 5:38 AM, SeanF said:

Any commander would have executed Slynt for mutiny.

You could make that argument but you will also need to accept that any commander would have executed Mance Rayder for past mutiny, desertion, attacking the wall, etc.  You can't justify killing Slynt unless you also kill Mance.  That was gross misconduct on Jon's part.  He allowed his personal feelings to determine the sentence of two men who were under his command.  I don't blame Bowen Marsh for attacking Jon.  Jon deserved it.  

On 2/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, Bowen 747 said:

George R. R. Martin said in an interview that Arya Stark is psychopathic murderer.  Pay careful attention around the 55 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfbwx7RAJss&feature=youtu.be&t=3316

That settles the argument.  No amount of spinning from her fans will change that.  Arya Stark is crazy and suffers from a severe personality disorder. 

:D  George called Arya a psychopath because she is.  

Archived