WWE: Royal Rumble #34, Jan 31. Will anyone watch it?

Daeron the Daring

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Well, did not see that coming.  Loved how they brought Orton back at the end.  Enjoyed that Rumble.  

Generally agree, but again setting up a guy who was big 20 years ago like Goldberg.

Maybe Mustafa Ali is onto something...

Edge deserved it, that's why he got it. He lost his last years because of an injury, this is justice for him.

This, just as many other things show how WWE always have to put their money on the old horses. Since 2015, only a few good wrestlers were introduced. 

It is understandable, since most of the new wrestlers aren't good finsihers, and even worse sellers (there are a few exceptions, tho). 

My personal favorite, Dolph Ziggler had a better performance than I expected, since I expected nothing to be given to him, it was good to see that he had a minimal role in the entire RR.

I always liked Edge but honestly I stopped watching before he really took over as the top heel and the whole Lita/Hardy thing and whatnot.  His retirement seemed pretty legit or serious in terms of the extent of his injuries, and the fact it lasted almost a decade is..quite impressive as far as wrestling retirements go.  You could write this off as backpay, but he already won a rumble.  Other than the almighty dollar, just seems weird.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I can't stop watching the 24/7 champion version of R-Truth.  I went down the youtube time sink with it over the weekend.  That promo with him, Paul Heyman, and Brock Lesnar just before Royal Rumble 2020 was the funniest thing that I have ever seen from WWF/WWE.

Is anyone watching Elimination Chamber at the moment?

46 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Is anyone watching Elimination Chamber at the moment?

Yeah.  Crazy finish!  Really wondering what they are setting up for Wrestlemania.  Obvious that Edge v Roman is the main event.

But whats the set up for the WWE title?  Was Lasley just sent in by Miz?  Or does Lasley have his own beef?  I originally thought having Lasley drop the US title while not actually being pinned would be a good set up to feud with McIntyre but then he just walked off and let Miz come out there.  :dunno:  And is that it for Seamus feuding with McIntyre?

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Yeah.  Crazy finish!  Really wondering what they are setting up for Wrestlemania.  Obvious that Edge v Roman is the main event.

But whats the set up for the WWE title?  Was Lasley just sent in by Miz?  Or does Lasley have his own beef?  I originally thought having Lasley drop the US title while not actually being pinned would be a good set up to feud with McIntyre but then he just walked off and let Miz come out there.  :dunno:  And is that it for Seamus feuding with McIntyre?

Pretty sure Miz will get annihilated by Lashley at the next show and then they'll do him versus Drew (and maybe Sheamus) for the title at 'Mania.  

• 2 weeks later...

This match was way better than it had any business being.

Also, Paul Wight showed up and both his intro video and his shirt said “No more BS” :lol: 

Ive never watched a full episode of this.  There’s been some great matches.

AEW has been pretty consistently the best American wrestling on tv basically since it started. Just my opinion of course but it's leaps and bounds better than anything WWE has been putting out including NXT basically since it started even on its off weeks it's at worst it's equal. This week was definately not an off week. The last few weeks before a ppv they really ramp things up well and revolution this weekend is going to be pretty awesome.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:19 AM, lmanion said:

AEW has been pretty consistently the best American wrestling on tv basically since it started. Just my opinion of course but it's leaps and bounds better than anything WWE has been putting out including NXT basically since it started even on its off weeks it's at worst it's equal. This week was definately not an off week. The last few weeks before a ppv they really ramp things up well and revolution this weekend is going to be pretty awesome.

NxT is far better just imo. 

I watch AEW in the background but it just seems so amateur 90% of the time. It has some good spots but very few actual great matches. 

So just saw the dud ending of the exploding barb wire match from Sunday. I then took a dive into a wrestling site that I occasionally check just to see what's going on. Apparently AEW had this Eddie Kingston (never heard of him) talk about how some past life experience caused him to black out when he covered Moxley while he was selling the explosion that never happened. I mean, yeah it's wrestling, but they are trying to polish this turd when it's just easier to admit it went wrong, and go on. Dumb shit like this is what turns fans away. 

• 1 month later...

Jericho was on stone colds broken skull sessions on the weekend and they went for 2 hours. It was a really cool chat between 2 guys that obviously respect the hell out of each other. They talked about all the companies Jericho has wrestled for including AEW. Highly recommend checking it out, all of these shows that Austin has done have been pretty great but this one might be my favourite so far

26 minutes ago, lmanion said:

Jericho was on stone colds broken skull sessions on the weekend and they went for 2 hours. It was a really cool chat between 2 guys that obviously respect the hell out of each other. They talked about all the companies Jericho has wrestled for including AEW. Highly recommend checking it out, all of these shows that Austin has done have been pretty great but this one might be my favourite so far

I have AEW on in the background as I'm reading. Jericho is on and jesus he looks his age. And Mike Tyson is there for some reason lol.

ETA: I was wondering if he could still do that old finishing move of his and he actually did it. 

Happened to see Jericho last week when I was flipping around during the Yanks game.  He looked high as fuck.  And come to think of it, the handful of times I've seen him the past couple years he's looked high AF.  I wonder if he's just got some eye problem...or he's just always high as fuck since signing with AEW.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Happened to see Jericho last week when I was flipping around during the Yanks game.  He looked high as fuck.  And come to think of it, the handful of times I've seen him the past couple years he's looked high AF.  I wonder if he's just got some eye problem...or he's just always high as fuck since signing with AEW.

I've seen a few highlight of Bret Hart being interviewed on that show and he seems like he has brain damage. He is really slow and weird. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've seen a few highlight of Bret Hart being interviewed on that show and he seems like he has brain damage. He is really slow and weird. 

Well you can blame Goldberg and the stroke for most of that.  The bitterness and being completely self-involved though, that's all Bret.

Archived