Cyvasse

Anthony Appleyard

Is anyone still interested in cyvasse? It is a chess-like game mentioned in several places in GRRM's books. Various people in the real world have been trying to set up sets of rules for playable games compatible with what is about cyvasse in GRRM's books. I have accumulated various web links with some of them, but many of them seem to have dropped off the internet, such as going 404. I downloaded copies of them. I have tidied them into .htm file format. I have not yet uploaded my versions of them anywhere, as at date (1 February 2021). My versions derive from what was on "No Name Publishing's main site. No Name Publishing has a Youtube page at  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Ai6M0o1WSxqxH_CsBuFxg  . Is No Name Publishing still running this topic? Or what is happening?

Is there any point in me venturing to decide that No Name Publishing's rules are "abandonware"? Should I upload them somewhere or list them here? Or what?

20 hours ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

Looking at the dates in No Name Publishing's Youtube page's list of videos gives me the impression that No Nme Publishiung has lost interest here.

Do you think there is any point in starting a public discussion about cyvasse here?

Have you any comments about the de-jure and de-facto copyright legality if I uploaded my version of No Name Publishing's sets of rules somewhere and linked to them here?

Google searching for the word "cyvasse" finds "about 22,500 results", so there is some interest out there.

My understanding is that game rules as such are not copyrightable. As far as discussion goes, there have been discussions in the past about the rules to cyvasse. See here and 

here

Those are old threads and need not be resurrected, but useful starting points for consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived