UK politics: Veni Vidi Vaccinati

polishgenius

I think he’s spitting his dummy out after the episode this morning where someone called him despicable. He really doesn’t handle criticism well... like he never responded well to critics of his little holiday this winter 

Or I wonder if they didn’t ask him to issue an apology 

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Inheriting £10 million from your mother gets you £10 million though.

I don't think the Spencer money is given to the family by the taxpayer, unlike the money his dad would give him.

3 minutes ago, Leap said:

Well, "we" didn't sack him, ITV did (or he quit, or whatever). 

TV Shows/Networks can choose to stand behind their cast when they do something unpopular, or not. I think if I was hiring someone to do a public facing job on my behalf, I'd want to reserve the right to sack them if they drew significant amounts of negative attention to themselves. :dunno:

We as a society. He has done plenty to be sacked for in the past. But saying 'i dont beleive her' should not be a sackable or 'forced out' situation no matter how many people complain. 

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Hes a prick of the highest order but we shouldnt be sacking people for saying 'I dont believe a word she said'. 

It sounds like there was a mutual agreement that he leave. I just saw a report here in Canada on the CBC, from an editor at Vogue, that Piers has been attacking Meghan for a couple of years now, and he's part of the toxic news coverage. Maybe ITV just had so many complaints they asked him what he was going to do about it and he said 'nothing'.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He hasn't been sacked anyway. The official statement is he quit. Him being who he is I reckon he tried to get Alex Beresford sacked and when they refused he resigned.

Whatever happened, I'm still partial to the trebuchet idea.

25 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m not seeing anyone use the word ‘sacked’. He’s quit.

Yeah, I'm sure he decided to walk out on his multi-million pound bully pulpit today in order to really stick it to his ex-bestie. 

And apparently he walked out in the middle of the argument. Didn’t he previously throw a hissy fit when somebody left saying they should’ve stayed and “debated” him?

I suppose fighting with a co-presenter and walking off could be a sacking offence. But anyway, it’s Piers Morgan, he should’ve been imprisoned years ago and unemployable afterwards.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Morgan has been sacked. 

Yeah, Piers Morgan. Victim of racism. I just wanted to see, if I can write that sentence with a straight face. I couldn't.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Hes a prick of the highest order but we shouldnt be sacking people for saying 'I dont believe a word she said'. 

Didn't he do a bit more than that? Thought he questioned her mental well being.

I mean there's a difference between. I don't believe her. and That crazy bitch is lying.

Either way, the less Piers, the better. But don't worry, he will find his way back onto TV screens.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Didn't he do a bit more than that? Thought he questioned her mental well being.

I mean there's a difference between. I don't believe her. and That crazy bitch is lying.

Either way, the less Piers, the better. But don't worry, he will find his way back onto TV screens.

He said he didnt believe she stated she was suicidal and they told her to suck it up. 

He should never have been hired in first place, he is vile. But he shouldnt have been forced out over this. If it was the straw that broke the camels back that is different. He has enough historical cuntyness to he sackable. 

I feel blessed to have nestled into a pocket of society where, for whatever reason, I don’t ever come across Piers Morgan. You see the occasional tweet saying “God he’s a cunt” and I think, is he? Dunno, haven’t heard from him in a while. It’s surprisingly easy; I don’t watch Good Morning Britain (who the fuck does?) and I don’t follow him on any social media, obviously. These last two pages are the most I’ve come across anyone talking about him.

As an entirely detached observer (though from my limited exposure to him, I think Piers Morgan is an asshole), who knows nothing about British TV practices (except that Spaced was hilarious), I wonder if this has something to do with it:

6 hours ago, maarsen said:

Bullying is bullying, regardless of the instigator's or their victim's social standing. I lean to republicanism (being Canadian) and as such have very little use or interest in the whole family, but I detest bullying. BTW, as a successful actress, Meghan Markle probably had a higher net worth than Harry when they met. She can always go back to acting, but being a royal without a country gets you nothing but the charity of your family. Just ask Harry's grandad about that.

Successful is being used kind of loosely here. She has gotten consistent, but largely minor work. I don't know what she's made, and frankly don't care, but I doubt she was the one that came into this relationship with the larger net worth.

17 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

The fact that he got any media jobs after being sacked from the Mirror for making stuff up is a sad reflection on the British media industry.

Wasnt he also the one who oversaw the phone hacking scandal?

When your people hack the phone of a missing girl who turns out to have been tortured and murdered, and your hacking lf her phone voicemail gave her family false hope she lived, the trebuchet is too fucking good for you.

Archived