20Q 2.0.1 Ask and you shall be answered.

Lilac & Gooseberries

1. Not a Character
  2. Object
  3. Not a Weapon
  4. Not a body part
  5. Exists during the five books
  6. Physical Object
  7. In Westeros
  8. Name not mentioned in a female pov
  9. Not garment
  10. Name not mentioned in AGOT
  11. Bigger than a shoe box
  12. Not moveable
  13. Most likely a castle (We haven't seen it yet. Typically it is / has / is called a castle)
  14. South of the Neck
  15. In Rivertlands or Vale
  16. Not in the Vale
  17. Not destroyed
  18. Not Seaguard or Pinkmaiden

Getting very warm, but I think the last ones do not fit my hint, that the Name was mentioned only once on page ( I mean the story not the appendices).

Eta: Just checked Pinkmaiden does fit ( to my surprise), though Arya notices the sigil of pink maiden.

Also the spelling is really important, when  checking. I noticed when lookin for Seaguard - it's Seagard.

Edited by Lykos

21 minutes ago, Lykos said:

:cheers: That's the one.

Seat of House Vance, named after Jack Vance's character "Liane the Wayfarer".

Great.

I have just noticed your Romanian proverb and like it very much.

I won't be able to start a game till the morning (just going to bed) but if anyone wants to jump in and start one before then feel free.

6 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I have just noticed your Romanian proverb and like it very much.

Thank you, I heard it on the radio and liked it very much as well. 

I'm not quite happy with my translation from german. It literally said "make one rich" (reich machen), that didn't sit quite right with me.

There are layers to my translation that I like.  I think the awkward scientific "generate wealth" makes you think about it.

Thinking can be the most enriching work and if it is, is it still hard?

39 minutes ago, Lykos said:

Thank you, I heard it on the radio and liked it very much as well. 

I'm not quite happy with my translation from german. It literally said "make one rich" (reich machen), that didn't sit quite right with me.

There are layers to my translation that I like.  I think the awkward scientific "generate wealth" makes you think about it.

Thinking can be the most enriching work and if it is, is it still hard?

Shouldn't it be "If hard work generated wealth. mills would be owned by donkeys"?

@Annara Snow

I don't know. I'm neither an anglicist nor did I major in german studies.

I think the way I put it, emphasises that it is the hard work generating wealth that is questioned.

You made me search the internet and now I know that there is a meme that says "If hard work pays, show me (a) rich donkey, which makes me like the proverb much less.

19 minutes ago, Lykos said:

@Annara Snow

I don't know. I'm neither an anglicist nor did I major in german studies.

I think the way I put it, emphasises that it is the hard work generating wealth that is questioned.

You made me search the internet and now I know that there is a meme that says "If hard work pays, show me (a) rich donkey, which makes me like the proverb much less.

It's not about emphasis. The grammatically correct version is the one I wrote . I put it as a question just so I wouldn't appear arrogant or rude for correcting. (I am an anglicist.) 

Type 1 conditional sentence would be: If hard work generates wealth (pays off), the mills will be owned by donkeys. But that one refers to a real possibility, so it doesn't fit this context.

Type 2 conditional sentence refers to a hypothetical possibility and is typically used in this context: If hard work paid off (were to pay off)/if hard work generated wealth, mills would be owned by donkeys.

Type 3 conditional sentence refers to a possibility that existed in the past, but does not exist anymore. That would be: If hard work had paid off, mills would have been owned by donkeys. Also doesn't fit this context. 

In any case, you never use the conditional mode (would be, would have been...) in the "if" clause.

Edited by Annara Snow