20Q 2.0.1 Ask and you shall be answered.

Lilac & Gooseberries

25 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Does it have a tune?

Yes. People are heard singing it in the books.

1. Not a human character

2. Object

3. Not a sword

4. Not a brooch

5. Not any sort of jewelry

6. Is it bigger than a shoe box? I have no idea how to answer that. Not applicable.

7. Is it animate? Again, no idea how to answer that. 

8. Can it breathe? No, but a person need to breathe for it to be possible.

9. Not winter. But this specific thing has something to do with winter. (This will only confuse you till you realize what kind of"object" it is.

10. Not a quality

11. A song

12. Not A Song of Ice and Fire

13, Not The Bear and the Maiden Fair

14. Not about Jonquil

15. Not The Rains of Castamere

16. It has a tune, people sing it in the books

17. Not Rose of Gold

This song is way more prominent than Rose of Gold (I had to look that one up in the wiki to even remember what that was). I'd say it's the most prominent song in the books aside from The Bear and the Maiden Fair and Rains of Castamere.

1. Not a human character

2. Object

3. Not a sword

4. Not a brooch

6. Is it bigger than a shoe box? I have no idea how to answer that. Not applicable.

9. Not winter. But this specific thing has something to do with winter. (This will only confuse you till you realize what kind of"object" it is.

10. Not a quality

11. A song

14. Not about Jonquil

17. Not Rose of Gold

This song is way more prominent than Rose of Gold (I had to look that one up in the wiki to even remember what that was). I'd say it's the most prominent song in the books aside from The Bear and the Maiden Fair and Rains of Castamere.

18. Does not have Wife in the title.

But I'll give you a hint, it's strongly associated with someone's wife in the books.

Edited by Annara Snow

1. Not a human character

2. Object

3. Not a sword

4. Not a brooch

9. Not winter. But this specific thing has something to do with winter. (This will only confuse you till you realize what kind of"object" it is.

10. Not a quality

11. A song

14. Not about Jonquil

17. Not Rose of Gold

But I'll give you a hint, it's strongly associated with someone's wife in the books.

19. No Florian in the title

It's not about any famous or legandary people. 

If you guess what it is but don't remember the title of the song, I'll give you the win anyway.

5 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

You're trying some songs that were just randomly mentioned. This one was sung, multiple times. We know several of the verses. It plays a pretty big part in the books, particularly for one main character.

Errrrr... is it that song about Shae? I can't think of anything other than that. 

6 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Errrrr... is it that song about Shae? I can't think of anything other than that. 

About Shae? No. 

1. Not a human character

2. Object

3. Not a sword

4. Not a brooch

9. Not winter. But this specific thing has something to do with winter. (This will only confuse you till you realize what kind of"object" it is.

10. Not a quality

11. A song

14. Not about Jonquil

17. Not Rose of Gold

19. No Florian in the title

It's not about any famous or legandary people. 

20. Not about Shae.

It's not about any specific people that we know.

If you guess what it is but don't remember the title of the song, I'll give you the win anyway.

I've given you quite a few hints. I've said it's kind of connected to winter when you asked if it was winter. I said it does not have a wife in the title, but it's closely associated with someone's wife (which does NOT mean, however, that the song is about her).

Like I said, it's a very prominent song. It  was sung, multiple times, by multiple people. We know several of the verses. It plays a pretty big part in the books, particularly for one main character. (As far as I know, it wasn't in the show. Because D&D are dumb. I can imagine how haunting and beautiful that song may have been.)

Edited by Annara Snow

2 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category:Songs I submit ALL the songs! Is it The Seasons of My Love? Lord Renly's Ride?

Finally! It is Seasons of My Love.

I didn't think you'd guess all sorts of songs before that one. Tyrion thinks about Tysha singing it to him so many times. We "hear" it several times in the books.

loved a maid as fair as summer
with sunlight in her hair.

I loved a maid as red as autumn
with sunset in her hair.

I loved a maid as white as winter
with moonglow in her hair.[

I prefer The Rains of Castamere, since Lord Tywin is one of my favorite characters. It's also a very pretty song, at least to me. I didn't think I'd have to throw the wiki and the kitchen sink at you. 

Edited by Jaenara Belarys

Just now, HoodedCrow said:

Jaenara, I can’t do this thread, so please try!

Whaddaya mean you can't do it? You basically think of someone or something and have people ask questions to try and determine what it is. It's not that hard. But if it pleases you, I can do ask @Lilac & Gooseberries if I can do another round.