Will Aegon carry a false Blackfyre?

Alyn Oakenfist

15 hours ago, Sigella said:

It would also put a nice twist in Danys dream of Rhaegar in armor, lifting his visor and seeing herself, it could be turned into a big psychological drive of doubt or guilt.

No, it won't, because Dany at that time did saw her own face under Rhaegar's armor, because she was looking at herself thru Rhaego's eyes. In that fereved dream she was remembering what was happening to her during Rhaego's birth, and when she was giving birth to Rhaego, she experienced double point of view, thru her own eyes she saw what was happening around her body in Drogo's tent, and also she saw thru Rhaego's eyes what he was experiencing while he was going thru birth canal, and after he got born he saw Dany, and Dany was in his mind, thus she saw herself thru his eyes. Mirri Maz Duur was Quaithe's ex-apprentice, and Quaithe is Shiera Seastar, who is a bloodmage and a skinchanger, so she used her magic to assist Dany with Rhaego's birth, and aided Dany in getting into Rhaego's mind and urging him to be born.

There's no other meaning in what she saw then, she saw herself because it was her. And there's no any psychological reasons for what she saw, and it won't in any way affect what will happen in the future between her and fAegon, even if fAegon does have an armor like Rhaegar's.

2 hours ago, Megorova said:

No, it won't, because Dany at that time did saw her own face under Rhaegar's armor, because she was looking at herself thru Rhaego's eyes. In that fereved dream she was remembering what was happening to her during Rhaego's birth, and when she was giving birth to Rhaego, she experienced double point of view, thru her own eyes she saw what was happening around her body in Drogo's tent, and also she saw thru Rhaego's eyes what he was experiencing while he was going thru birth canal, and after he got born he saw Dany, and Dany was in his mind, thus she saw herself thru his eyes. Mirri Maz Duur was Quaithe's ex-apprentice, and Quaithe is Shiera Seastar, who is a bloodmage and a skinchanger, so she used her magic to assist Dany with Rhaego's birth, and aided Dany in getting into Rhaego's mind and urging him to be born.

There's no other meaning in what she saw then, she saw herself because it was her. And there's no any psychological reasons for what she saw, and it won't in any way affect what will happen in the future between her and fAegon, even if fAegon does have an armor like Rhaegar's.

I know thats what you think but I don’t agree with it; it’s too far fetched and contains a big bunch of unsound leaps of logic imo.

That being said, I respect your enthusiasm and how invested you are in this and I enjoy reading your posts and theories :)

8 hours ago, Travis said:

Why would the Golden Company follow someone/thing they know is false and fake?

Edit to add: I am referring to the references made that they have a sword they could pass off as Blackfyre.

Blackfyre symbolizes a great deal.  It is the Targaryen sword of Kings which was some of what gave Daemon Blackfyre his street cred.  Of course, his father didn't know worthy from a hole in the ground.  The GC is compiled of second and third generation Blackfyre exiles.    It is only recently and seemingly in Westeros that Blackfyre is considered a symbol of rebellion or pretender and I'm not sure how many Westerosi believe it.  The sword itself would lend credence to Aegon's story and the GC could claim they've held it in preparation for the king to come.   The point of the Blackfyre Rebellion, the events that forever changed many members of the GC and their children's lives, was to place a bastard on the Iron Throne.  They believe this in their veins.  They could also use every shred of "evidence" or proof of their cause they can either get their hands on or manufacture.   It's all a game really.  

27 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Blackfyre symbolizes a great deal.  It is the Targaryen sword of Kings which was some of what gave Daemon Blackfyre his street cred.  Of course, his father didn't know worthy from a hole in the ground.  The GC is compiled of second and third generation Blackfyre exiles.    It is only recently and seemingly in Westeros that Blackfyre is considered a symbol of rebellion or pretender and I'm not sure how many Westerosi believe it.  The sword itself would lend credence to Aegon's story and the GC could claim they've held it in preparation for the king to come.   The point of the Blackfyre Rebellion, the events that forever changed many members of the GC and their children's lives, was to place a bastard on the Iron Throne.  They believe this in their veins.  They could also use every shred of "evidence" or proof of their cause they can either get their hands on or manufacture.   It's all a game really.  

I completely understand you, and would agree. But why would the Golden Company intentionally deceive themselves? Why would you fight and die for what you know is a lie?

20 minutes ago, Travis said:

I completely understand you, and would agree. But why would the Golden Company intentionally deceive themselves? Why would you fight and die for what you know is a lie?

Why do you think they think Aegon is a lie?  Sure, I think there are some who suspect nonsense afoot among the GC.   But there cannot be that many.  This is a conspiracy to take the real power the company has hungered for for a very long time.  Those who are in the know aren't likely to spread the word if they believe Aegon is not Rhaegar's son.  I just hope they jump ship before the dragons come and every one learns Aegon's truth.   

29 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Those who are in the know aren't likely to spread the word if they believe Aegon is not Rhaegar's son.  I just hope they jump ship before the dragons come and every one learns Aegon's truth.   

fAegon is a Blackfyre by blood, and Golden Company members know this. Duckfield, Haldon, and septa Lemore also know who fAegon really is. Jon Connington suspects that fAegon is not Rhaegar's son, but he wants to hope that he is, because he wants to give Iron Throne to Rhaegar's son, that's the purpose of his life since Varys brought fAegon to him.

Reread that chapter in which JonCon brought fAegon to Golden Company's camp to introduce him, while keeping in mind that everyone except JonCon know that fAegon is a Blackfyre, and they knew it all this years, and they were aware where JonCon really went, when there appeared rumors that he drunk himself to death. They all knew that Varys gave their Blackfyre-heir to be raised by JonCon, to later pose him as Rhaegar's son. They also knew beforehand that JonCon will soon bring fAegon to them, because Varys/Illyrio informed them that it's time to set their plan in motion.

They (GC) know and always knew who fAegon really is.

19 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

The sword itself would lend credence to Aegon's story and the GC could claim they've held it in preparation for the king to come.  

Which can very well be the truth.

It also would make good propaganda - giving Blackfyre to Aegon after the Captains preserved the sword but desisted from wearing it themselves would mark Aegon as more than a random Essosi employer.

• 8 months later...

Archived