Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

10 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I might be more disappointed today if Liverpool hadn’t already killed my hopes for the season.   

You're killing ours you bastards

Yes I'm going to blame it all on you despite us failing to win a game we absolutely dominated for like 89 minutes of the 95 played.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

You're killing ours you bastards

Yes I'm going to blame it all on you despite us failing to win a game we absolutely dominated for like 89 minutes of the 95 played.

They will humour you in other ways this year. Looks like they will be struggling to finish top four.

Alisson really had a terrible match yesterday. Those two mistakes were Karius-level. The worst thing is that Liverpool were very much in the game, and those two goals really broke them. I mean, Alisson was supposed to be THE person in the defensive game that we shouldn't worry about. We've all come to terms with facts that:

• our back-up keeper lacks experience and we need to be patient with him
  • Trent and Robbo are more attacking-minded and expect them to get caught out of position every now and again
  • our CBs are replacements who would definitely be more useful elsewhere on the pitch
  • players replacing the two of our DMs-turned-CBS are not doing as good a job defensively
  • the whole defensive play has suffered this season and we've come to expect mistakes

But Alisson was always the one constant. We weren't expecting him to save everything and cover up all the blunders that our team would make, but we were expecting that he would do the best he can and be at high level all the time. That's why these two mistakes really brought the whole team and fans down.

He's been brilliant most of his time in Liverpool and I won't be holding this against him. Everyone is entitled to having a bad day at the office, but I must admit it was really frustrating to see our team just throw what is probably the league game of the season away like that.

More games getting moved.

CL: Leipzig - Liverpool as stated by @Consigliere in the last thread. Got moved to Budapest.

Same goes for Gladbach - Man City. Gladbach opted for Budapest instead of Midtjylland.

EL: Molde - Hoffenheim got moved to Spain (Norway barring German teams from entering) second leg will (presumably) take place in Germany.

Kinda disadvantage for the teams to give away their home games. While the fans are a non-factor, the other boon of not having to travel and thus losing a 1-2 extra training days is really just lost.

I'm pretty sure Mourinho will bring the low block back against City.

11 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Apparently, this is the third time ever that a Mourinho-led team has let in five goals. 

I'm a bit amazed we scored five, but - to be fair - both defenses seemed to have made a pact not to really bother tonight. 

I remember when Pep's Barcelona beat Real 5-0 in 2010 in Jose's first season there.  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4010191.stm

Referring to Arsenal's 5-4 win over Spurs, Mourinho said: "Five-four is a hockey score, not a football score.

"In a three-against-three training match, if the score reaches 5-4 I send the players back to the dressing rooms as they are not defending properly.

"So to get a result like that in a game of 11 against 11 is disgraceful."

Ouch

Archived