Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

18 hours ago, Rorshach said:

I'll have to see the clip again, I guess, I have no recollection of this. Honestly not trying to be difficult :)

I'm not either.  I support Leeds, so beyond how fun it was to see Mourinho lose I don't have any horses in that race.  

That was a great performance from PSG. Kimpembe and Marquinhos were immaculate at the back, Verratti and Paredes dominated the midfield and Mbappe had Barca's entire defence on toast.

A very comfortable win for Liverpool as well. Don't think many would have expected the game to be that easy. Leipzig lucky to get away with only a 2-0 defeat.

13 hours ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

But it will be particularly bad if their board keep being donkeys. I mean they had Suarez and their number 9 is now Martin Braithwaite. 

Their previous board ran the club into the ground - Barca's gross debt stands at around €1.2 billion and they have by far the highest wage bill which accounts for more than 70% of the club's revenue. Their presidential election is set for 7 March (was supposed to have been on 24 Jan but was postponed due to increasing cases of Covid). The new board will have a huge task on their hands to sort out the finances. Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez were offloaded because the club desperately needed to get rid of their wages - the latter two's contracts were terminated by mutual consent and they left for free while Rakitic was sold to Sevilla for a mere €1.5m. The club also didn't have the funds to pay for Wijnaldum, Depay or Eric Garcia either.

5 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Their previous board ran the club into the ground - Barca's gross debt stands at around €1.2 billion and they have by far the highest wage bill which accounts for more than 70% of the club's revenue. Their presidential election is set for 7 March (was supposed to have been on 24 Jan but was postponed due to increasing cases of Covid). The new board will have a huge task on their hands to sort out the finances. Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez were offloaded because the club desperately needed to get rid of their wages - the latter two's contracts were terminated by mutual consent and they left for free while Rakitic was sold to Sevilla for a mere €1.5m. The club also didn't have the funds to pay for Wijnaldum, Depay or Eric Garcia either.

Well, that and basically destroying la Masia with their La Masia 2.0 or whatever they called that disaster.

They got rid of the guys that used to run la Masia, made some philosophy changes, that resulted in hardly any talents making it, blocking Barca's B team with other players. The result was, that most of the bigger talents (like Olmo, or Eric Garcia) rather ran off and tried their luck elsewhere. Barca's in for a real shitty patch, unless their scouting/recruitment improves significantly and they unearth some real gems for little money. But honestly I think they are more likely on an AC Milan trajectory than on the brink of another dynasty.

NBC Sports reporting that Arsenal is going to jettison 10 players including Agent Luiz and Lacazette

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/02/17/arsenal-10-players-finances-transfer-news/

Totally fine with this starting 11 next year honestly.

—– Leno —–

— Bellerin — Holding — Gabriel — Tierney —

—- Xhaka —- Partey —-

—- Martinelli —- Smith Rowe —- Saka —-

—– Aubameyang —–

49 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

Totally fine with this starting 11 next year honestly.

As a starting 11 that would be fine but selling all the guys that article claims they'd be selling would mean the bench would be full of debutants every week. One injury and you're fucked.

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

As a starting 11 that would be fine but selling all the guys that article claims they'd be selling would mean the bench would be full of debutants every week. One injury and you're fucked.

Well, they want to keep Ceballos, Odegaard and some others. Given the lack of Champions league $$$ they're down in the mid-table knife fight where good scouting and savvy signings are more critical than top shelf, expensive backup talent anyways.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

I dont watch much foreign football anymore, is he, or just incredibly efficient? 

Well, he's efficient in the sense that it's his game intelligence and movement along with his size and speed that get him over rather than unreal on-the-ball technical skill. But he's so good at it and his finishing is about as good as anyone there is.

Basically imagine if Alan Shearer was as fast as Ronaldo and finished... well, like Ronaldo.

32 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Well, he's efficient in the sense that it's his game intelligence and movement along with his size and speed that get him over rather than unreal on-the-ball technical skill. But he's so good at it and his finishing is about as good as anyone there is.

Basically imagine if Alan Shearer was as fast as Ronaldo and finished... well, like Ronaldo.

But does he fill your heart with joy, like Gazza, or Beardsley? 

Archived