Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

Everton's new stadium looks rather pleasant near the docks. Still dont understand why you would build a new stadium with only 52000 seats though, for a club of that size.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2021/2/23/22296795/everton-new-stadium-plans-bramley-moore-dock-approved-by-liverpool-city-council-goodison-park

I know several fans have raised that question, and I'm unsure about why myself. 

So I can't really answer the question. For me, though, I just hope everything goes through after having lived through both the King's Dock fiasco and the whole "Destination Kirby"-atrocity.

Are fans in the stadium the most profitable ways to make money these days? Does it make much difference if you have 50k or 80k fans? Genuine question, as I suspect that more money is made from corporate away days and general sponsorship. Could it be that the costs of a bigger stadium wouldn’t repay themselves?

Certainly not the most profitable way to make money. That's TV rights by far (at least for the big European leagues). But it is still a significant part of a club's income. Esp. with EPL ticket pricing. There's also the catering income.

Whether bigger stadiums can repay themselves is another questions. Depends on whether you can fill it. If you get 40k visitors on average, than a question of the profitability of a 80k stadium is surely in order (maintenance, staff (stewards, catering, cleaning crews etc.)). And then there's also question, whether there were any restrictions that prevented Everton from going bigger than 52k.

20 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Well of course United were always going to draw the most difficult opponent we could have possibly drawn. Looking forward to us playing a glamour tie though.

Milan are gash vs every good team in 2021. And not only good teams.

Defeats vs:

Juve 1-3 home

Atalanta 0-3 home

Inter 2-1 in cup

Spezia 2-0 away

Inter 0-3 home (home only on paper but still).

Barely eliminated Red Star without a win. 

Yeah Milan’s form hasn’t been great but you just know Zlatan will score. Also pretty nice tie for Milan to build some experience for next seasons champions league unless they somehow bottle top four completely. 
Rangers are winning Europa though. Gerrard best English manager :D 

Archived