Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

Back in the Moyes days I felt we could hang on to these 1-0 leads. The YAM (Years After Moyes) have removed that feeling, so when we play like today, just keeping in shape for a lot of the game, not really moving forward in numbers, not trying to run the game, just control in defense .... it ages me. 

Still glad we won, mind.

27 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Back in the Moyes days I felt we could hang on to these 1-0 leads. The YAM (Years After Moyes) have removed that feeling,

I wanted to make a joke about this being official proof Moyes is a better manager than Ancelotti, but then I looked at the table and realised I wouldn't be joking.

Reports that Saint-Maximin and Almiron will be out until April. Will miss games against West Brom, Brighton and Villa. Fortunately for Newcastle, the teams around them are in bad shape too - Southampton, Brighton, Burnley and West Brom are all struggling while Fulham are about to start a very difficult run of fixtures (Spurs, Liverpool, City, Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Arsenal and Chelsea).

So Klopp has addressed the elephant in the room and in unsurprising news announced, that Liverpool will not release any playersfor international games, who would face quarantine measures on their return, and pointing out the obvious, that clubs pay their players' wages.

And CONMEBOL was apparently totally blindsided by that, and is now in talks with its members and FIFA trying to reschedule theri games. It's kinda funny, because the right for this had been on the wall for months. Basically, ever since FIFA said, they won't insist on clubs sending their players into corona zones.

13 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Palace are fucking wank and when we inevitabely fail to beat them it's gonna be infuriating.

And we were so shit that we only managed 1 shot on target and that came in the 12th minute of the game. Unless Bruno does something, we are clueless. Our over reliance on Fernandes means that Solskjaer has run him into the ground and he looks fatigued. Since Portugal is on the UK's red list, hopefully the club refuses to release him. He could use a rest. 

31 minutes ago, Raja said:

Woken up to the fact that Fred cost 52 million ( and I actually think fred is decent). It made me laugh a lot. I know transfer fees mean little anymore, but still.

I can't imagine anything that would better show how little transfer fees mean than the fact that in a game against West Ham, City's bench cost almost half a billion dollars.

—Sterling $68M
—Jesus $38M
—Steffen $10M
—Laporte $79M
—Rodri $87M
—Silva $60M
—Mendy $72M
—Cancelo $84M

It's very well known that United are easy to rinse in the transfer market - we've got morons handling our transfer business. I'd say that relative to transfer expenditure and wage bill, United are the biggest under-performers in world football. We are easily top 4 in the world in terms of transfer expenditure and wage bill but not anywhere near as good as the other big spenders.

Our transfer spending is not far off from City's and we have similar wage bills as well but where City have one of the best squads in the world (I'd say only Bayern rivals them in terms of depth), United's squad is similar in strength to Leicester City who have spent a fraction of what we did (both in transfer fees and wages) to reach the same level. Shows just how poorly run United is.

9 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Our over reliance on Fernandes means that Solskjaer has run him into the ground and he looks fatigued. Since Portugal is on the UK's red list, hopefully the club refuses to release him. He could use a rest. 

Yeah hopefully. It's also notable that our form has dropped like a stone since Pogba got injured- whatever you say about him, he gives Bruno space and time, and with no genuine creative threats anywhere else in the team apart from Shaw, if Pogba's not around the opposition can just focus on Bruno.

Replacing Pogba is gonna be so hard. Like, getting a player who's more often in top form won't be, but getting someone who can not only match Pogba's best form but do the things Pogba does in general in terms of his ability to move the ball fast around the pitch is gonna be next to impossible.

eta: Richarlison has remembered he's supposed to be Everton's best player I see.

Not really very fussed who scores - DCL or Richarlison - as long as we win. And beat Samuele.

Today, we really never got out of first gear, it was a turgid affair, but we have a little quality and West Brom haven't, as it stands. So ... happy again. Winning when playing badly is a good habit.

Archived