Football: Liverpool You Stupid Bastards

polishgenius

City were going to win this game anyway unless Kane and Son performed miracles. Spurs are playing the same way we did under Mourinho in 2017/2018 - park the bus, hit and hope coincidence football. The big difference is that De Gea produced one of the best goalkeeping performances that season which propelled us into 2nd.

9 hours ago, Consigliere said:

It was a slick piece of business from both clubs. Bayern sorted out their CB situation with both Alaba and Boateng set to leave at the end of the season while Leipzig have agreed a deal with Strasbourg for Simakan to replace Upamecano.

Only Alaba's departure is more or less certain at this point. Boateng's contract is running out, however there neither side has ruled out of extending it. At least that's the last I heard.

In other news.

Gündogan is gonna win the EPL's player of the year, isn't he?

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Gündogan is gonna win the EPL's player of the year, isn't he?

A couple of years ago Bernardo Silva had a career season that gave them an extra lift to narrowly win the title.  And hasn’t been close to it since.  Now Gundogan, after an indifferent coupe of years, is having his career season.

27 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

A couple of years ago Bernardo Silva had a career season that gave them an extra lift to narrowly win the title.  And hasn’t been close to it since.  Now Gundogan, after an indifferent coupe of years, is having his career season.

To be fair Gundogan has scored more goals in the last six weeks than Bernardo Silva has in any league season for City. Not quite the same level of raising his game I'd say.
On the other hand though I'd suggest that Gundogan has to keep this level up for a while longer before he deserves a shout for player of the year over Grealish, Kane or Bruno who have been more consistent to date, though given the voting happens soon he might win it whatever happens.

11 hours ago, polishgenius said:

To be fair Gundogan has scored more goals in the last six weeks than Bernardo Silva has in any league season for City. Not quite the same level of raising his game I'd say.
On the other hand though I'd suggest that Gundogan has to keep this level up for a while longer before he deserves a shout for player of the year over Grealish, Kane or Bruno who have been more consistent to date, though given the voting happens soon he might win it whatever happens.

Yeah, but neither Grealish, nor Kane, nor Bruno will be part of the league winning team. And usually league winners get a little bonus, unless you play for Liverpool ofc. Do you have better candidate form this year's City team?

I was tempted to ask for a pick from Liverpool, but I was worried about soilent's blood pressure.

49 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

And usually league winners get a little bonus, unless you play for Liverpool ofc.

The winner of the player of the year has come from the league winners in four of the last six seasons. Yes, three of those were Liverpool - all players who obviously deserved it in that season-  but Bale, Rooney and KDB have all won in non-title seasons.

Archived