WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I knew about the decades pattern to the later FoX-verse movies, but hadn't put it alongside the WandaVision.  

I never watched Dark Phoenix either.  Is it on Disney Plus? :dunno: 

I think it is. First Class isn’t, nor the first or third Fan Four films, probably due to licensing issues. The Spiderman films are obviously missing

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I knew about the decades pattern to the later FoX-verse movies, but hadn't put it alongside the WandaVision.  

I never watched Dark Phoenix either.  Is it on Disney Plus? :dunno: 

It's on HBO Max along with First Class. 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

I know. I wish there was just one app where you logged into all the services and could search across all of them. 

I want something more like 'I want to watch this movie. If it's available to me, go play it on whatever service it is on'

I know. I wish there was just one app where you logged into all the services and could search across all of them. 

Would be handy.  

When I want to see a movie, I often Google it to see if its available somewhere on Prime/Netflix/Disney.  I have been about to pay to rent a movie individually through Prime only to discover it elsewhere.

Just now, KalbearAnon said:

I want something more like 'I want to watch this movie. If it's available to me, go play it on whatever service it is on'

Wait how is that different from what I said? Maybe I wasn't being clear but yeah they'd play the movie when it found it. 

Wait how is that different from what I said? Maybe I wasn't being clear but yeah they'd play the movie when it found it. 

Yours just said 'search across them' which isn't exactly the same.

Just now, KalbearAnon said:

Yours just said 'search across them' which isn't exactly the same.

Yeah my bad I wasn't clear. that already exists though and you wouldn't need to log into any services for an app to check what they have. 

IMDB does give you viewing options.  That's one place that I check for these things.  I just looked up Dark Phoenix and it tells me that its available on HBO with Prime Video Channels, HBO Max with subscription, or rent/buy at Prime Video from $3.99.

To be fair, when I tap on the Prime Video option, it asks me if I want it to open the app.  I guess that's not far off.

I never really checked that far into it.  Feels like adding a bit more functionality would be easy to make a very useful tool.  :dunno: 

13 hours ago, mormont said:

Yeah, Dottie has only appeared once, hence the 'if' in my statement. But if you look around, a lot of people on the internet have some evidence for this conclusion:

1. Agnes tells Wanda that 'Dottie is the key to everything in this town'.

2. Dottie remarks that 'the devil's in the details', and in response Agnes says in an aside to Wanda 'that's not the only place he is'.

3. Dottie's picture is entirely absent from the board, as noted above, despite Dottie featuring prominently in footage Darcy watches.

4. Apparently Kevin Feige personally approved casting for the role, and there is a suggestion that this may be because it extends beyond this one series.

Might be something, might all be just nothing...

Damn these are good observations. While I noticed them too, I assumed it was some kind of intentional satire on the sort of dialogue that one heard from shows from that era - using passive aggressive language to address subtext that could only be addressed at the time in a sub-contextual and passive style. 

3 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Don't people own DVDs anymore?

Some, but way more Blu-Rays. Handy when the Internet goes out (it's been sketchy here for the last month or so). Also handy if the bitrate simply isn't good enough (which it often isn't on Netflix; Amazon seems better for some reason); I compared the ST:TNG Blu-Rays with the HD version on Netflix and the disc version just looked a lot better. I recently rewatched DS9 and even running the DVDs through the Blu-Ray player looked better than the Netflix version (I did mostly watch it on Netflix though, to give the algorithm a boost).

I have got rid of a lot of my old DVDs though.

Archived