WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

3 hours ago, KalbearAnon said:

Ugh having to like GET UP and SWITCH THINGs like a PSYCHOPATH

Seriously. When I got to the end of Battlestar Galactica Disc 1, I threw rocks at it the "Digital Video Disc Player" (so damned pretentious) and then fired up Prime. Fuck that noise.

Or just rip them to a dedicated storage unit and play them from there.

I guess I'm old-fashioned in that if I really want to see something in HD, I actually want to see it in HD, not in HD-adjacent or whatever the hell bitrate the streamer and my Internet provider have conspired to deliver to me on any given day.

It's the main reason - well, alongside the fact it's not on a prepaid streaming service in the UK - that I'm holding out for the Babylon 5 Blu Rays before diving into the new HD version of the show.

42 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Or just rip them to a dedicated storage unit and play them from there.

This is a common practice for me as well. Sometimes I just want everything on a big-ass internal HD where I can just plug it in and watch it that way. 

I've been meaning to convert our massive family dvd collection to some sort of home media server, but it's also a large and probably thankless task that I feel rather unqualified to start so I've been procrastinating while the dvd pile grows to engulf the living room.

Another case in point: I'd added Person of Interest to my Netflix to-watch list three years ago and it finally moved up in the rotation to the point where I can watch it. But it's gone, apparently Netflix pulled it two years ago. It's not available on any streaming service in the UK. On paid-for Amazon, it's £20 per season, which is steep, and it was never released on Blu-Ray in the UK (well, Season 1 was, but nothing beyond that).

The best way around it is to order in a Scandinavian complete series Blu-Ray set, which I had to do for both The Leftovers and Caprica because of similar problems.

23 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

As my forum name indicates, I may be a wee bit of a fan of Buffy, and let me tell you, I could write a 7 volume series on the atrocities of the streaming version. 7 volumes.

Yeah, we've covered the abomination which is the HD version of Buffy at length. The prospects of it ever being fixed seem remote.

There have been a lot of leaks from this show. First a spanish voice actor revealed he was voicing Peitro, then someone leaked the previously on for episode seven, now the script from episode six seems to have leaked online. 

This doesn't spoil anything plot wise, but it is a line of dialogue from the next episode:

Hayward: You know, you people who left still have the luxury of optimism. You have no idea what it was like. What it took to keep the lights on. 

Please give us a show about that. Damn. 

QS doesn’t seem to be the Xverse QS but clearly looks like the Xverse QS.  He moves like the MCU QS.  Is Monica in the process of mutating?  That’s not how “mutation” Is supposed to work.  They’re supposed to be born with it.

Hayward seems to really hate people with superpowers.  If there is such animosity toward Supers why were they left to their own devices at Avengers HQ?  Lack of resources to stop them?[/spoilers]

If I’ve got it right the only people to escape the expansion were Monica and Jimmy, and Hayward plus the grunts in his vehicle. But we didn’t see what Darcy got transformed into in the funfair.

Interesting to see just how much awareness Pietro has of the whole situation, and yet he seems fine with it.

5 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I understand the detractors of this show... it's a different approach to the genre... but regardless, this took balls to make... 

No doubt.  Its a bold move Cotton...

The MCU built its foundation on being comic book movies accessible to the masses that only have a passing interest in comic books.  This show is very much a niche program that I can't imagine appeals to said masses... but requires a good knowledge of all the movies that came before and at least a cursory knowledge of some unrelated comic book movies.

I'm loving it, but there's no way my wife who enjoys watching the Avengers would ever get into this.

Spoiler

It really is interesting how everyone of our questions does get answered the very next week while opening up some new ones.

We were all focused on why there aren't kids last week and then QS just casually says they were all sleeping in their bed until they need them for the big holiday themed episode.  I also thought it was interesting that people further from Wanda basically seem to be in stasis.

They never did say what the other twin was supposed to be for Halloween.  Was I the only one that got Dr. Strange vibes from his cloak and headband?  Maybe that's just me projecting.

This gets better and better.

45 minutes ago, Rhom said:
  Hide contents

It really is interesting how everyone of our questions does get answered the very next week while opening up some new ones.

We were all focused on why there aren't kids last week and then QS just casually says they were all sleeping in their bed until they need them for the big holiday themed episode.  I also thought it was interesting that people further from Wanda basically seem to be in stasis.

They never did say what the other twin was supposed to be for Halloween.  Was I the only one that got Dr. Strange vibes from his cloak and headband?  Maybe that's just me projecting.

Spoiler

Yes, from the little I've learned, Billy has magic powers similar to Wanda.

The cut away to the maximoffs trick or treating as kids killed me. 

So they skipped the 90's! huh. I guess there's only one sitcom episode left? 

"Kick-ass!"

I love Evan Peters but it's funny how his over the top fake sitcom acting is basically the same as most of his American Horror Story acting. 

So it seems Agnes is being controlled. Maybe she helped improve Wanda's powers and tried to manipulate her but then Wanda went another way with things and she found herself stuck like all the residents. 

Archived