WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

Two, Wanda can't detect the breach. But Billy can. 

I don't think they meant to imply any connection between Billy and the barrier. Just that he can read minds.

36 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I’d be so, so impressed if this really was how they were introducing mutants ... and then they just fucking dropped it for literally 10 years. Then Xavier emerges with a school he set up in the aftermath of WandaVision. Kevin Feige must be genuinely thinking on those time scales now, the MCU will be still be around in some form so he must have thoughts on where to go with it.

That would be awesome. They do have a lot in development already. I can't believe they have five movies coming out in 2022 according to wikipedia.

Anyone have any idea how Darcy will appear in Westview, handcuffed to the vehicle? When the other SWORD vehicles & personnel appeared as a circus my mind could only come up with a bear tied up to the side of a trailer - which is totally absurd, but I'm at a blank for anything else. Someone put me out of my misery and come up with something more likely, I can't have that first thought haunting me 'til the next episode.

13 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

Different world, AND she was being controlled by the Phoenix Force, and in both movies she was redeemed by being killed or sacrificing herself - and that was kind of the Phoenix storyline.

I don't see that happening. Especially since this is the MCU, not the Fox universe.

Sure but I think the MCU shouldn't be too hidebound by previous stories and hero turns villain is hardly some crazy concept. Especially for a character that started as a villain! It's not like having Spiderman out there doing evil stuff.

6 minutes ago, ithanos said:

Anyone have any idea how Darcy will appear in Westview, handcuffed to the vehicle? When the other SWORD vehicles & personnel appeared as a circus my mind could only come up with a bear tied up to the side of a trailer - which is totally absurd, but I'm at a blank for anything else. Someone put me out of my misery and come up with something more likely, I can't have that first thought haunting me 'til the next episode.

RotJ Princess Leia and the vehicle will be an animatronic Jabba. :leaving:

14 minutes ago, ithanos said:

Anyone have any idea how Darcy will appear in Westview, handcuffed to the vehicle? When the other SWORD vehicles & personnel appeared as a circus my mind could only come up with a bear tied up to the side of a trailer - which is totally absurd, but I'm at a blank for anything else.

That would be pretty funny. Especially if she could still talk and just had to spend the rest of the show that way. 

It was weird that she was able to hack SWORD. She was a political science student back in Thor, now she's a astrophysicist and a hacker. 

40 minutes ago, mormont said:

The dialogue between Pietro and Wanda emphasised how much she was in control: ameliorating the effects, but also being morally responsible for what was going on. Yet the same conversation, and other lines in the show, made a point of how this is a huge step up in her power level, and nobody, least of all Wanda, seems to know how that happened. So that leaves space for someone behind the scenes.

It was almost like he was sympathising with her - like, you’re doing the best you can do to mitigate this. But it’s also something Wanda appears to have chosen with all the talk of does Pietro like it, would their parents like it.

And I have to say it makes very little sense to choose this. Yes, you get to live with Vision in a nice suburbia but you are burning through decades of sitcom scenarios in what? weeks? What’s supposed to happen next, you do sitcoms from a not yet existing future? Go back to the beginning? The more she understands what’s going on, the less satisfying it can possibly be. At first I thought the broadcasts were her cry for help to the outside, but it becomes more and more clear that the town and the people only exist to serve the sitcoms. Of course, an answer to that is that there’s an endgame, which decidedly does not fit with a Wanda wanting to grow old with a family in white picket fence America.

I'm surprised how many people still seem to be be sure this is the X-Men Quicksilver. 

I see there was also another leak, this time of storyboards of when Wanda retrieved vision's body parts:

She was not alone. There was a woman with a cat with her when she entered the facility. (Who a lot of people myself included mistook for Squirrel Girl because of how the cat's tail was drawn.)  Wanda also gets mad that they have "in memorial" photos of Tony and Nat but not vision.

Pietro said he was her brother with a different face. But I don’t know how much you can trust anything he says. Foxverse Pietro could still have been drafted in by whatever Evil Entity and forced to lie.

Its a shame they didn’t take the opportunity to grab the ‘time standing still’ speed style from the X-films because those were the best scenes in the last three of those movies.

12 minutes ago, john said:

Its a shame they didn’t take the opportunity to grab the ‘time standing still’ speed style from the X-films because those were the best scenes in the last three of those movies.

I'm still hoping they're saving it for the finale or something.

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

If you don't get blipped out of existence for five of them, sure!

I don't think they've revealed if Darcy or Jimmy got blipped yet. I think the actor's theory is that Jimmy wasn't and it took him five years to get Scott's card trick down pat.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

But going through the barrier twice is something that presumably other people can do or have done, so... not sure about that.

I thought about that too, I know that at least on screen we have seen Beekeeper guy go in the barrier and come back out of the barrier.

1 minute ago, Mr Gordo said:

From what I've read shooting those scenes was super super super super expensive and also hell on the actors.

I can only imagine, but I recall reading comments from at least some of the cast/contributors that they did spend a whole hell of a lot on effects.  In terms of distributing resources, I want it to be on that damnit!

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

The growing resentment between the snapped/unsnapped suggests could be a interesting floor-level scene-setting if the unsnapped start developing mutant powers.

I am SO interested in this story concept and I would love love LOVE to see more of it. The consequences of superheroes and the blip and now mutant powers? From a ground level, this is a GOLDMINE of interesting stories just waiting to be told! 

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

Sure but I think the MCU shouldn't be too hidebound by previous stories and hero turns villain is hardly some crazy concept. Especially for a character that started as a villain! It's not like having Spiderman out there doing evil stuff.

It's not about being hidebound; it's about what kind of stories they are going to tell and how they're going to tell them. This is the brand, basically. And they're not going to go too off-brand for a while.

Just now, Mr Gordo said:

Really? I'd say this show is pretty off-brand.

It's different, but 'TV sitcom' is hardly off the Disney brand, and more importantly I don't think they're willing to do heel turns or change the universe in a dark way quite yet. 

Archived