WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

Well the question then is how and why Agatha chose to lure Wanda there, was it related to Wanda getting visions body or just coincidence? 

Im hoping this is part of something bigger, like Agatha is communicating with a bigger baddie through her.. er.. cauldron, and they are telling her what to do, probably for some sort of demonic reward 

Like I said, Agatha's dungeon seems to be an old structure, very likely there for a few centuries, at least. So from Agatha's POV, it makes sense. The place has magic. But from someone else's POV who doesn't have this info, it would seem random. And Wanda herself doesn't seem to know how it all started. 

I think it's almost certain that Agatha is acting in concert with at least one other party, and I think the proof is in the mailman.

Remember the line about don't shoot the messenger directed at Agatha?  

And then in the last episode the mailman had a rabit on his uniform with the word Presto?  

The mailman is apparently a go between bringing messages to Agatha from another party.  And since Agatha appears to be controlling everyone inside of the hex, the "mailman" is probably deliviring these messages from someone outside of the hex.

7 hours ago, mormont said:

So Agatha just happens to be living in this tiny New Jersey town, and then Wanda just happens through while fleeing with Vision's body? And there's also an FBI informant under witness protection living there? Not impossible but leans a little heavy on coincidence, I think.

It's entirely possible that Agatha's presence in the town acted as a draw to Wanda...moth to the flame and all...

There is obviously going to be something about the color of the magics being used...Wanda is red, Agatha is purple, Doctor Strange seems to be primarily yellow (except when he was using the time stone...).

In general, the set up of the secret witch in the little town, that also happens to have a person in witness protection, and then the town is taken over by a crazed different Witch/person with powers...its very much a comic book set up in my mind...

19 hours ago, Karlbear said:

So my pet theory is that Agatha was minding her business in Westview along with her eldritch book, and Wanda managed to tap into the power of  the book to create this hex. Wanda doesn't know about the book consciously, and Agatha is not particularly happy about things, so she's trying to get Wanda (and Vision) to crack. 

Part of her questioning isn't just about getting Vision to start questioning things; it's also to get Wanda to figure out where she got so much power and how she's doing all this (through Pietro). So she wants Vision to be independent - but she also wants Wanda to start being a bit direct about it too. 

I like this theory... then I was all, well, Wanda's powers aren't exactly magic, how the hell is she going to interact with Agatha's book, then I considered the Infinity Stones and laughed at myself.   

I could use some clarification as to what magic is in the MCU. In Thor it was technology we didn't understand, which never really made sense as we see Odin enchant the damn hammer.

It's been a while since I've seen Doctor Strange but I recall the Ancient One compared it to computer programming at one point. And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands. Though you do need a ring to use portals. 

I wouldn't really have considered what Wanda does magic in the Dr. Strange sense. She didn't study old texts to learn spells or anything. She's most likely just a mutant who was "activated" by Strucker's experiments with the Mind Stone. 

57 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I could use some clarification as to what magic is in the MCU. In Thor it was technology we didn't understand, which never really made sense as we see Odin enchant the damn hammer.

It's been a while since I've seen Doctor Strange but I recall the Ancient One compared it to computer programming at one point. And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands. Though you do need a ring to use portals. 

I wouldn't really have considered what Wanda does magic in the Dr. Strange sense. She didn't study old texts to learn spells or anything. She's most likely just a mutant who was "activated" by Strucker's experiments with the Mind Stone. 

Right so I did watch a video about MCU magic yesterday in fact. From what I could tell there are 2 types. One is sort of multi dimensional, like what Dr Strange uses ( apparently he takes magic from multi dimensional beings and uses it) and then there is the sort of magic that witches like Agatha Harkness use, which comes from this realm.. and is less powerful.

That’s all I know

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands.

I think if you're looking for detailed explanations on how magic works in the MCU, you should focus on the hand waving.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

You mean you didn't understand? :p

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

No, we see Odin use his root access to update the security privilleges of an extremely sophisticated device. :P

Spoiler

About what: that I was right about this being Wanda, and her grief making a 'big bad' out of her. It's several pages back, I think. Anyways, character/story wise, the most compelling way to go.

It was Agatha all along was a good feint, but she didn't start any of it. She'd been drawn by the breadth of Wanda's power then tried to suss it out with manipulation. 

But yeah, very emotional episode. I think I see where they're going with it, but I'm not 100 on that quite yet. 

I suspect by the end Vis will legit be back, and the tie in to Strange's next movie will be the quest to realize their kids, enter Mephisto.

Marvel is killing this shit.

Holy Basil Exposition, Basil Exposition!  Guess I shouldn't complain - the title of the episode did warn me.  Only question that remains is who sent her that flyer, or I guess if, plus why..plus why she would care about it so much?  You two were on the run living in Edinburgh.

Also I know it's their thing but the mid-credit scenes within a season of episodes are really starting to annoy me.  I get it when the idea is everybody just sat in a theater for two hours, but with this I'll see the continuation in a week and I'm sitting at home at 4 in the morning just wanting to go have a cigarette you dick.

10 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

There are still soooo many balls in the air with only one episode left. I love it. Reminds me of the framework season of Shield.

And again my god the scene in the bedroom. Legit tears. Just. Wow.

spoiler tag cause it’s early 

<spoiler>i don’t think she created her own vision, I think she pulled him from an alt timeline.And I think infinity stones are in play again. Also if the actor Bettany always wanted to work with was himself....well played sir. </spoiler>

Spoiler

Your spoiler tags isn't working, yo.

She did create her own Vision. If you rewatch the materialization scene you can see the delineation of colors. Wanda's power has always emanated as scarlet, but as Vis is coalescing it's the yellow essence of the mind stone that's splitting off from her, the mind stone being what augmented both her witchy power and comprised no small part of Vision's initial animation. Maybe has something to do with the depth of the bond there.

And, the way he said Wanda, I dunno, I guess it hit me in a way that we were seeing the remnant of Vision that was the mind stone. Felt like that was him, post his death in Infinite War.

Good thing there's a white body Wanda's Vision can give a little color too,

38 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:
Spoiler

About what: that I was right about this being Wanda, and her grief making a 'big bad' out of her. It's several pages back, I think. Anyways, character/story wise, the most compelling way to go.

Spoiler

I don't think this makes her a "big bad" at all.  If I recall, you emphasized intent.  The episode makes pretty clear she did not "intend" to do any of this.  They even have Agatha explicitly grant Wanda impunity in that regard - "capable of spontaneous creation" - at the end.

Archived