WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

mormont

13 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Anyway, I'm canceling Disney+ as soon as this show is done, so take that, Mouse!

Well, I'm on board with the Mouse...for good or for ill. I mean, hell, the entire run of the original Muppet Show is on there now to fill gaps when I'm not watching Marvel shows...though my 9 year old daughter would also disown me, as she seems to want to constantly watch and re-watch some of the early 2010s Disney sitcoms on the +...

11 hours ago, Rhom said:

Am I alone in assuming that Agatha is the big bad for this season with a satisfactory conclusion but that the big bad for Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will be revealed in a post credits scene?

I'm expecting the post credit set up, yes.  It will only be a disappointment to me if that is the "big reveal" that happens...I'm not buying Agnes as the ultimate big bad in the show, I suspect she's a pawn too...which will allow for Wanda to train with her later on (any word on whether Katherine Hahn has any kind of appearance planned in the Doctor Strange movie?).  I'm hoping for a true big reveal that isn't Cumberbatch, as he is what I expect in the post credit set up...

16 hours ago, RumHam said:

No interest in Falcon and the Winter Soldier? That starts two weeks after this ends. 

It doesn't look interesting to me. Wandavision sold me because it was weird and different than the usual Marvel fare. Falcon looks like a typical Marvel movie as a TV show. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but normal MCU movie has worn out its welcome for me.

For Disney+, If I had kids, I'm sure it'd be different - there's lots for families. But once I'm done Wandavision and finish re-watching the Star Wars movies, only classic Simpsons is really a draw for me, and it's not worth spending 10$ a month to watch a few episodes here and there.

47 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

It doesn't look interesting to me. Wandavision sold me because it was weird and different than the usual Marvel fare. Falcon looks like a typical Marvel movie as a TV show. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but normal MCU movie has worn out its welcome for me.

Yeah, that's understandable. I'd just wait till it was over and binge it over a weekend but I enjoy the discussion and theorizing between episodes. I'm not nearly as excited about it. I am hoping to see more of the fallout from the snap/blip. 

I wonder if Friday's episode is going to catch us up to speed from Agatha's perspective and reveal how all this started. I'm curious why she went by Agnes when Wanda presumably didn't know who Agatha Harkness was. 

Here's a question that I don't know that I've seen discussed here...

During the Agatha All Along skit, it appears that she readied herself/prepared to look all zonked out when Vision found her in the car in the Halloween ep.  If so, to what end?  If we accept that somehow, Agatha has been manipulating the hex/Wanda the whole time; then it would seem to me that having a compliant Vision is part of that plan.  What does she gain by sowing discord there?  :dunno: 

Well, that's the thing. Agatha has been sowing discord all along, and in particular encouraging Vision towards the idea that there's something up and he needs to take steps.

Look at the things she's shown doing in that song. Messing with the magic show. Enchanting Herb, who then goes on to act bizarrely in front of Vision. Animating 'Pete', who upsets Wanda, encourages bad behaviour from the kids and enables Vision to go on patrol. And then yes, acting zoned to encourage Vision to breach the barrier.

She's up to something, but whatever it is, it's not about letting Wanda and Vision have a cosy life in Westview. Quite the reverse.

14 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I doubt Agatha wanted this Hex to continue to exist in perpetuity. She is probably using Wanda's powers for something, and she is probably close to achieving her goals.

Created the twins?  She was also giving Wanda tips on romance in the first episode.

And she's been inserting herself as a caregiver for the twins since. And then they disappeared once they were in her house. So yeah, obtaining the twins is a good guess... but why encourage Vision to breach the boundary? Get him out of the way?

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

On the contrary, I was alarmed. I didn't realize Disney's global domination plan was advancing so quickly. :P

I think the new-MCU-content-every-day should be a couple of years away on their roadmap.

Of course, even that's just a stepping stone on the way to 24/7 MCU.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I wonder if Friday's episode is going to catch us up to speed from Agatha's perspective and reveal how all this started. I'm curious why she went by Agnes when Wanda presumably didn't know who Agatha Harkness was. 

She could also be hiding her identity from some of the people viewing the sitcom, if I remember correctly they said the broadcast stopped so they shouldn't see the reveal of her true identity.

18 minutes ago, williamjm said:

She could also be hiding her identity from some of the people viewing the sitcom, if I remember correctly they said the broadcast stopped so they shouldn't see the reveal of her true identity.

The dungeon underneath her house is likely the only truly real place in the Hex, so I'm not sure if it would have even shown up in the broadcast. 

27 minutes ago, mormont said:

And she's been inserting herself as a caregiver for the twins since. And then they disappeared once they were in her house. So yeah, obtaining the twins is a good guess... but why encourage Vision to breach the boundary? Get him out of the way?

Yes, I think it was to get him out of the way. He'd shown himself protective of the twins early on, and even in this episode his first question to Darcy is "Are my children safe?"

33 minutes ago, mormont said:

It could be that Agnes only ever needed Wanda for whatever her plan is, and Wanda just happened to be in possession of Vision’s corpse when it kicked off. So best for Agnes to eliminate what she perceives as the biggest threat to her plan, and convince Vision to leave where she knows he’ll dematerialise. I’m still very curious as to how much of this is Wanda’s doing, it’s clearly not 100% Agnes as Wanda has a motivation and some agency here. 

So my pet theory is that Agatha was minding her business in Westview along with her eldritch book, and Wanda managed to tap into the power of  the book to create this hex. Wanda doesn't know about the book consciously, and Agatha is not particularly happy about things, so she's trying to get Wanda (and Vision) to crack. 

Part of her questioning isn't just about getting Vision to start questioning things; it's also to get Wanda to figure out where she got so much power and how she's doing all this (through Pietro). So she wants Vision to be independent - but she also wants Wanda to start being a bit direct about it too. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

During the Agatha All Along skit, it appears that she readied herself/prepared to look all zonked out when Vision found her in the car in the Halloween ep.  If so, to what end?

To ensure Vision is convinced by her cover story of being just another ordinary victim, in case he was harbouring any suspicions about her?

1 hour ago, Karlbear said:

So my pet theory is that Agatha was minding her business in Westview along with her eldritch book, and Wanda managed to tap into the power of  the book to create this hex. Wanda doesn't know about the book consciously, and Agatha is not particularly happy about things, so she's trying to get Wanda (and Vision) to crack. 

Part of her questioning isn't just about getting Vision to start questioning things; it's also to get Wanda to figure out where she got so much power and how she's doing all this (through Pietro). So she wants Vision to be independent - but she also wants Wanda to start being a bit direct about it too. 

I'm on board with this.  I said a while ago that Agatha was likely in Westview by chance.  I still don't think she's behind this.  I don't know if we'll see the final villain before the final stinger at the end of the final episode, but the Agatha ain't it...

Yeah I like the idea of Agatha being a more "greyish" or Loki-esque villain, but between cackling about killing a puppy and probably/at least kidnapping children it seems she's gonna be decidedly bad for at least the next two episodes.

So Agatha just happens to be living in this tiny New Jersey town, and then Wanda just happens through while fleeing with Vision's body? And there's also an FBI informant under witness protection living there? Not impossible but leans a little heavy on coincidence, I think.

Archived