mormont

WandaVision 2: Sitcoms and Superheroes and Spoilers too

33 minutes ago, mormont said:

And she's been inserting herself as a caregiver for the twins since. And then they disappeared once they were in her house. So yeah, obtaining the twins is a good guess... but why encourage Vision to breach the boundary? Get him out of the way?

It could be that Agnes only ever needed Wanda for whatever her plan is, and Wanda just happened to be in possession of Vision’s corpse when it kicked off. So best for Agnes to eliminate what she perceives as the biggest threat to her plan, and convince Vision to leave where she knows he’ll dematerialise. I’m still very curious as to how much of this is Wanda’s doing, it’s clearly not 100% Agnes as Wanda has a motivation and some agency here. 

Although I have theories, I'm pretty sure that I have no idea where the MCU is going with this... if here's another villain... what it'll tie into... or how... 

... and that is just one of the many reasons why I am loving this

So my pet theory is that Agatha was minding her business in Westview along with her eldritch book, and Wanda managed to tap into the power of  the book to create this hex. Wanda doesn't know about the book consciously, and Agatha is not particularly happy about things, so she's trying to get Wanda (and Vision) to crack. 

Part of her questioning isn't just about getting Vision to start questioning things; it's also to get Wanda to figure out where she got so much power and how she's doing all this (through Pietro). So she wants Vision to be independent - but she also wants Wanda to start being a bit direct about it too. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

During the Agatha All Along skit, it appears that she readied herself/prepared to look all zonked out when Vision found her in the car in the Halloween ep.  If so, to what end?

To ensure Vision is convinced by her cover story of being just another ordinary victim, in case he was harbouring any suspicions about her?

1 hour ago, Karlbear said:

So my pet theory is that Agatha was minding her business in Westview along with her eldritch book, and Wanda managed to tap into the power of  the book to create this hex. Wanda doesn't know about the book consciously, and Agatha is not particularly happy about things, so she's trying to get Wanda (and Vision) to crack. 

Part of her questioning isn't just about getting Vision to start questioning things; it's also to get Wanda to figure out where she got so much power and how she's doing all this (through Pietro). So she wants Vision to be independent - but she also wants Wanda to start being a bit direct about it too. 

I'm on board with this.  I said a while ago that Agatha was likely in Westview by chance.  I still don't think she's behind this.  I don't know if we'll see the final villain before the final stinger at the end of the final episode, but the Agatha ain't it...

Yeah I like the idea of Agatha being a more "greyish" or Loki-esque villain, but between cackling about killing a puppy and probably/at least kidnapping children it seems she's gonna be decidedly bad for at least the next two episodes.

So Agatha just happens to be living in this tiny New Jersey town, and then Wanda just happens through while fleeing with Vision's body? And there's also an FBI informant under witness protection living there? Not impossible but leans a little heavy on coincidence, I think.

Why would Wanda pick Westview of all places for her fantasy world? This wasn't chance, Agatha lured her there. I agree that Agatha lived there or at least it's the site of an old witch coven. The only chance part is Woo's protected witness.

Well the question then is how and why Agatha chose to lure Wanda there, was it related to Wanda getting visions body or just coincidence? 

Im hoping this is part of something bigger, like Agatha is communicating with a bigger baddie through her.. er.. cauldron, and they are telling her what to do, probably for some sort of demonic reward 

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Why would Wanda pick Westview of all places for her fantasy world?

Why wouldn’t she? It seems a self contained reasonable sized town, with a fairly clear border where the town ‘starts’. Seems as good as any to turn into a sitcom.

Like I said, Agatha's dungeon seems to be an old structure, very likely there for a few centuries, at least. So from Agatha's POV, it makes sense. The place has magic. But from someone else's POV who doesn't have this info, it would seem random. And Wanda herself doesn't seem to know how it all started. 

I think it's almost certain that Agatha is acting in concert with at least one other party, and I think the proof is in the mailman.

Remember the line about don't shoot the messenger directed at Agatha?  

And then in the last episode the mailman had a rabit on his uniform with the word Presto?  

The mailman is apparently a go between bringing messages to Agatha from another party.  And since Agatha appears to be controlling everyone inside of the hex, the "mailman" is probably deliviring these messages from someone outside of the hex.

My first thought about Agathas dungeon wasn’t that it looked old, it was that it looked like a cliche cartoon version of a witches dungeon.. spooky book included. I’m wondering if it isn’t also less real than we think. 

7 hours ago, mormont said:

So Agatha just happens to be living in this tiny New Jersey town, and then Wanda just happens through while fleeing with Vision's body? And there's also an FBI informant under witness protection living there? Not impossible but leans a little heavy on coincidence, I think.

It's entirely possible that Agatha's presence in the town acted as a draw to Wanda...moth to the flame and all...

There is obviously going to be something about the color of the magics being used...Wanda is red, Agatha is purple, Doctor Strange seems to be primarily yellow (except when he was using the time stone...).

In general, the set up of the secret witch in the little town, that also happens to have a person in witness protection, and then the town is taken over by a crazed different Witch/person with powers...its very much a comic book set up in my mind...

19 hours ago, Karlbear said:

I like this theory... then I was all, well, Wanda's powers aren't exactly magic, how the hell is she going to interact with Agatha's book, then I considered the Infinity Stones and laughed at myself.   

Edited by JEORDHl

I could use some clarification as to what magic is in the MCU. In Thor it was technology we didn't understand, which never really made sense as we see Odin enchant the damn hammer.

It's been a while since I've seen Doctor Strange but I recall the Ancient One compared it to computer programming at one point. And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands. Though you do need a ring to use portals. 

I wouldn't really have considered what Wanda does magic in the Dr. Strange sense. She didn't study old texts to learn spells or anything. She's most likely just a mutant who was "activated" by Strucker's experiments with the Mind Stone. 

57 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I could use some clarification as to what magic is in the MCU. In Thor it was technology we didn't understand, which never really made sense as we see Odin enchant the damn hammer.

It's been a while since I've seen Doctor Strange but I recall the Ancient One compared it to computer programming at one point. And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands. Though you do need a ring to use portals. 

I wouldn't really have considered what Wanda does magic in the Dr. Strange sense. She didn't study old texts to learn spells or anything. She's most likely just a mutant who was "activated" by Strucker's experiments with the Mind Stone. 

Right so I did watch a video about MCU magic yesterday in fact. From what I could tell there are 2 types. One is sort of multi dimensional, like what Dr Strange uses ( apparently he takes magic from multi dimensional beings and uses it) and then there is the sort of magic that witches like Agatha Harkness use, which comes from this realm.. and is less powerful.

That’s all I know

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

And that you do it by waving your hands but don't actually need hands.

I think if you're looking for detailed explanations on how magic works in the MCU, you should focus on the hand waving.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

You mean you didn't understand? :p

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

No, we see Odin use his root access to update the security privilleges of an extremely sophisticated device. :P