Covid-19 #25: The Prisoner’s Dilemma

Fragile Bird

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No I'm jokingly saying there's no need to be so defensive. 

The kicks at Canada are endless. A person gets very sick and tired of them. And besides that, we do have two vaccines in Phase 3 and others are in development.

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The kicks at Canada are endless. A person gets very sick and tired of them. And besides that, we do have two vaccines in Phase 3 and others are in development.

Since I just spent an hour and a half with a Canadian tax lawyer (who I'm quite fond of in the normal course) explaining that we don't have enough PUC (leave it to Canada to have their tax acronyms nod to hockey) to do our planning, and anyhow, there's an obscure FAD issue with the deal (still don't understand it, but I'll take his word), I'm not in perfect charity with Canada right now.  

30 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

But why let them bother you? 

BTW, old man finally kicked the bucket. 

43 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Since I just spent an hour and a half with a Canadian tax lawyer (who I'm quite fond of in the normal course) explaining that we don't have enough PUC (leave it to Canada to have their tax acronyms nod to hockey) to do our planning, and anyhow, there's an obscure FAD issue with the deal (still don't understand it, but I'll take his word), I'm not in perfect charity with Canada right now.  

Damn that paid-up capital!

2 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

LoL. My sister said they rolled these new tests just in time for the WHO probe on the virus origins.

Yes, that has been the underlying theme of several of the jokes I get from guys in Beijing.  

2 hours ago, Fury Resurrected said:

No everyone is afraid of that intersection now because they think they’ll get carjacked (it’s fine, though)

Honestly I haven't been there in a long time, but that was one of the spots when I was in college and for a few years after.

50 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honestly I haven't been there in a long time, but that was one of the spots when I was in college and for a few years after.

My uptown loitering days were isolated to much dingier locales, Little Tijuana, CC club, Pandora’s Cup when that existed, extreme noise, cheapo back when it was where Target is, Soho Cafe. I still mostly go to those places. I have been to Stella’s twice ever.

One again, I’ll lean into the toxic practice of confusing myself more with potential internet opinions. 

since Wednesday I’ve had an itchy throat. Yesterday it seemed like it’d pass because I was feeling better as the day progress but by today it’s a full on stuffy head with itchy nose and stuffy sinuses and just overall not feeling well. No cough or fever yet. Now, I let myself be talked out of getting a covid test yesterday, I will however probably order one for today because if it makes my life and decision making easier, I will get a fucking covid test and I don’t give a shit of other people think it’s unnecessarily or wasteful. Besides, say I have a bacterial infection, no fucking doctor will see me and prescribe me antibiotics without a negative covid test. 

Anyway, I started putting on a mask while I’m not in my room, and I’m getting shit for that and being sent to a therapist and that makes me mad. Firstly, it is actually recommended to wear a mask if you feel unwell, secondly it may serve the safety of the very people who mock me for it, thirdly, even the former two didn’t apply, am I not allowed to just do whatever the fuck I want for my own peace of mind? 

I’m not telling my sister that she shouldn’t see my mother while I’m ill and we share a household, even though I do think she shouldn’t. They are adults, they can decide on their own what they do while being familiar with the circumstance, everybody has a better and healthier judgment than I do after all, so go ahead and decide. But then I can do whatever I want too without being told off and talked down to and laughed and belittled. 

And yes, I haven’t been in close contact with anybody for the past two weeks and yes it’s unlikely that I have contracted covid from 5 minute shop visits or on the street or in the 5 minutes I spent within 2 meters of repairmen while in masks and with windows open. And yes my symptoms indicate general throat inflammation rather than covid, but isn’t the whole point of stopping the stupid virus (which we haven’t been able to accomplish for a year) is CAUTION? I am so fucking pissed off and it’s not even the 1% chance of covid, but the non-stop belittling and criticizing of how and what I do. And yes I probably overreact but that’s just how I am, deal with it. 

Those precautions against Corona will also prevent catching a cold. If you caught the latter you might as well have been exposed to the former. Of course, no matter how cautious you are, if your sister isn't equally cautious you may well end up infected through her.

4 minutes ago, Loge said:

Those precautions against Corona will also prevent catching a cold. If you caught the latter you might as well have been exposed to the former. Of course, no matter how cautious you are, if your sister isn't equally cautious you may well end up infected through her.

I don’t categorically agree with that, a cold is exactly something you can catch in your garden or on a socially distance walk. Although I suppose if you catch some virus, that can as well be COVID. I don’t know anything anymore. :dunno: 

The age-based rollout does seem the easiest, fastest way to go. I think if you have less vaccine, you may want to surgically pick your groups. Canada went straight to LTC homes and medical and care staff, but so did everyone. Some provinces are choosing groups to vaccinate together with the age cohorts, trying to identify those at most risk. We’ll see how it goes.

Archived