US Politics: 2 Fash 2 Impeach

Morpheus

1 minute ago, DMC said:

All I know is if Boebert is Lane's daughter Uncle Jim Cornette would be very disappointed in her politics...but appreciate her level of crazy.

Can't say I follow Cornette's podcast, but I might have to dip in because if he does get hold of it, it's going to be an S-tier Cornette rant. Wonder if this is gonna be the one that finally pops the blood vessel that that's been brewing like a forgotten can of coke in the trunk of a car.

2 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

Wonder if this is gonna be the one that finally pops the blood vessel that that's been brewing like a forgotten can of coke in the trunk of a car.

I honestly don't think I've actually seen him on a screen in about twenty years.  I can't believe he has any blood vessels left to pop.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Alternatively, he has about the intelligence level of the median voter in Alabama.

Well; happens when a very shallow gene pool has replenish an entire state.

Spoiler

award yourself an extra point if you caught the double meaning of the word well there.

7 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

You may scorn the progeny of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake longhair, but you will come to regret it when they are done with your fabulous mane.

I would have thought out of all the Rock n Wrestling era references, you'd be partial to Rick Martel.

So the defense will only use 3 of the 16 hours they have. OK, they know it doesn't matter, but still, they could at least try. Yesterday one of them left the chamber during the testimony for... an interview with Fox.

Jimmy Kimmel has a nice breakup of the senators that might be worth calling, by process of elimination, complete with pictures: (it's the first 2 minutes or so):

7 hours ago, Myshkin said:

If you ain’t the illegitimate love child of Jake “The Snake” Roberts then I don’t give a shit. 

I don't know wrestling, so I was about to call shenanigans on yet another Jake being called "The Snake." And then I looked it up and discovered that Jake Roberts gifted the nickname to Jake Plummer, so it's all good.

The more you know...

33 minutes ago, Fez said:

I don't know wrestling, so I was about to call shenanigans on yet another Jake being called "The Snake." And then I looked it up and discovered that Jake Roberts gifted the nickname to Jake Plummer, so it's all good.

The more you know...

How'd that man get another 100 career starts after a season in which he threw 9 TDs and 24 Ints?

#gtbw

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How'd that man get another 100 career starts after a season in which he threw 9 TDs and 24 Ints?

#gtbw

Never tell The Snake the odds!

Also, he was a gunslinger! Like Brett Favre. Like Rex Grossman. You can't tell a gunslinger to hang up the big guns.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

So the defense will only use 3 of the 16 hours they have. OK, they know it doesn't matter, but still, they could at least try. Yesterday one of them left the chamber during the testimony for... an interview with Fox.

Jimmy Kimmel has a nice breakup of the senators that might be worth calling, by process of elimination, complete with pictures: (it's the first 2 minutes or so):

Among media takeaways from yesterday:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/nancy-pelosi-capitol-insurrection-footage-impeachment-trial/2021/02/10/34bb843c-6bec-11eb-9f80-3d7646ce1bc0_story.html

Nikki Haley criticizes Trump and says he has no future in the GOP

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-gop/index.html

Washington (CNN)Former US ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley directly criticized former President Donald Trump for his involvement stoking the US Capitol riot in a new interview, a notable condemnation from someone who is widely viewed as harboring presidential hopes in a party that is still in thrall to Trump.

"We need to acknowledge he let us down," she told Politico magazine in an interview published Friday. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."
Haley has often attempted to walk a fine line between allying herself with Trump -- who remains a hugely popular figure within the party -- while distancing herself enough to appeal to his Republican and moderate critics. She notably left his administration in 2018 on good terms with Trump, a contrast to many other officials who have publicly fallen out with their former boss.
In the Politico piece, Haley expressed anger over Trump's treatment of former Vice President Mike Pence on January 6 and said she hasn't spoken with Trump since then. Trump attacked Pence on Twitter that day for doing his duty of presiding over Congress' counting of the Electoral College votes, as the mob of supporters broke into the Capitol hoping to stop the certification, some of whom chanted death threats against Pence.

"When I tell you I'm angry, it's an understatement," Haley told Politico. "Mike has been nothing but loyal to that man. He's been nothing but a good friend of that man. ... I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I'm disgusted by it."

So Nikki Haley only just noticed that in his entire life, Donald Trump has never shown a shred of loyalty to anyone and would throw his own mother under a bus for a nickel?

Doesn't speak well for her ability to read people.

7 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Nikki Haley criticizes Trump and says he has no future in the GOP

Yeah the actual politico piece depicts a much more ambivalent Haley than CNN is..commenting on.  And, as even the CNN article quotes (via politico), Haley is still spewing horseshit like this to straddle the intraparty divide:

"I understand the president. I understand that genuinely, to his core, he believes he was wronged," Haley told the magazine.

Asked if she thought it was dangerous that Trump was spreading misinformation about the election, Haley replied, "He believes it" and compared it to: "That would be like you saying that grass is blue and you genuinely believing it. Is it irresponsible that you're colorblind and you truly believe that?"

54 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Yes, this is exactly what I felt when hearing this and when I posted "Naaancyyy" in this thread. Would they have killed Pence? Sure. For "Nancy," they had more in store before killing her.

In all this impeachment hoopla, I wonder if an omnibus reconciliation bill is being worked on right now or not. I think the advice about filing your taxes early this year is a good one (particularly for my daughters who were claimed as my dependents last year but this year wont be).

I honestly feel March will be a turning point in the morale of this country when the stimulus checks go out and we hit important vaccination and COVID case milestones.

Archived