Sign in to follow this  
Westeros

More Dragon Casting Announced

16 minutes ago, Sotan said:

They're trolling at this point. A big countdown to announce filming? At least show some promotional images of the actors in costume. 

:agree:

Does it seem weird to anyone else they haven't cast Aegon the Elder yet? With how young Olivia Cooke is in real life I wonder if they will cast a child as (future) Aegon II as we will either be starting earlier in the story than I had assumed or we will be going with a younger Aegon II in the war.

Just now, The Dragon Demands said:

My running guess is that Aegon II is a teenager in late Season 1 and will be recast for the actual civil war.

So you think there will be a time jump from season 1 to season 2 (assuming a season 2)

3 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

yes. Though not much happens between 120 and 130, it would need a jump

We do have the future King Viserys II being born, Aegon II's kids......

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Dragon Demands said:

yes. Though not much happens between 120 and 130, it would need a jump

I highly doubt they will recast series leads, so I think Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Rhys Ifans,  and Matt Smith, Corlys and Rhaenys and Ser Criston (I don’t remember the actors’ names) are here to stay. 

Edited by Ser Joe the Unknighted

I'd expect that Aegon and Aemond only show up as children in season 1, if they show up at all.

I expect that Rhaenyra and Alicent will marry around the same time, or very shortly after each other ... or with their children being less apart than they are in the books.

Meaning we could have Aegon and Helaena as babies/toddlers in the first season in whose interest Alicent and Otto will act ... but who aren't players so far.

For the second season they could jump ahead so both Rhaenyra's and Alicent's children are older. Aegon II and Aemond and Jace would need good actors in their teens/early twenties who can convincingly play folks in their early teens to twenties.

I don't think we are going to get three different actors for Aegon II as a young child, a teenage boy, and the youth he is when he takes the throne. That would be overkill.

Posted (edited)

I’m more worried about trying to recast Rhaenyra, Alicent, or Daemon. Those seem like the leads of the series and you need continuity. I wonder if instead the show starts at the Black and Green Tourney (Viserys and Alicent’s five year wedding anniversary I believe) which is where Daemon returns from exile. Or maybe it starts with the wedding of Rhaenyra to Laenor. 
(and therefore the night Rhaenyra and Ser Criston have their falling out, whatever it was.) 

Edited by Ser Joe the Unknighted