US Politics: One No Trump

Fragile Bird

On Steve Schmidt and the Lincoln Project: I would have liked for them to be legit and able to keep trolling Trump and his awful family, but if that's the end of them I won't shed a tear. Their antics were amusing, some of the ads were effective, but I've never forgotten that Steve Schmidt worked to get GWB re-elected and tried to foist Sarah Palin on us.

Abraham Lincoln's birthday was yesterday. Huh. Funny timing.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog/day-five-of-impeachment-trial-opens-with-decision-over-witnesses

Several Senate Republicans told Capitol Hill reporters that there is a deal being negotiated that would let the trial stay on track to end Saturday, after a Senate vote approving a debate on witnesses put those plans in jeopardy.

The deal, according to Republicans, would allow Democrats to submit as evidence the news stories of the accounts of Republican lawmakers who say McCarthy told them of a Jan. 6 call he had with Trump in which they argued about Trump calling off the rioters, for whom Trump expressed sympathy.

At least some Senate Democrats expressed openness to such an agreement.

Ugh, I hope not.

The commentators on the WaPo live video feed says the witness negotiation is around their admitting the phone call is admissible and real, but no witnesses.  That way they can slither around all this, and go home, because they are sure the Senate still won't vote to convict.

If they tried any of the shyte they're pulling in an actual court of law, including interrupting and yelling and whining and walking off in a huff, the judge would have thrown 'defense' asshats in a jail cell so fast!  Which these saps will learn when that happens, as it is going to, as soon as impeachment is finished.

P.S. I was speaking of Hayley, not Klobuchar. This last shyte Hayley's pulled, supporting him all the way, until now, when she thinks that support would interfere with her run for POTUS.  Feh.

But I'd never have voted for K for anything either.  Or have given her money, that's for sure.

We just sent some to Cori Bush though, via her "We Banging 'Til The End." t-shirt. Ha!

~~~~~~~

May as well continue the trial as it's a very long weekend coming up -- Presidents Day, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras and a big old snow storm.  Lots of clowns.

I'm just disgusted right now.

Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 · 6:39:50 PM · Mark Sumner

Why the House managers would accept just entering a statement that was already a public statement — which they could have done anyway — is a mystery. If the House managers back off at this point, Republicans will claim for the next decade that Democrats folded when they threatened to call Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris.

1 minute ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm just disgusted right now.

What a complete embarrassment. To be punked by a personal injury lawyer with an assist by Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

Spineless behavior on both sides of the aisle today.

It's out now that Trump tried to murder or was at least ok not stopping the potential murder of his own VP and the whole legislative branch. Trump set freaks in front of everyone at the prospect of more witnesses. They know blood is in the water now with leads left for the media, law enforcement and prosecutors to follow up on. It wasn't going anywhere in Congress anyhow and Republicans want someone to take out Trump that's not them because then they won't take the political hit.

Politically, any loyalty shown to Trump during the hearings can be used against them in 2022 and as more info comes out, the worse it looks. They're on the record now. I expect more donors to bail on Republicans.

The chance he'd get convicted were minuscule anyway; this is for the people (and the history books). So do your very best or just don't do it at all.

They had other avenues to explore (e.g. call aides who were with T when he refused to help. See if they really lie under oath.)

59 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

On Steve Schmidt and the Lincoln Project: I would have liked for them to be legit and able to keep trolling Trump and his awful family, but if that's the end of them I won't shed a tear. Their antics were amusing, some of the ads were effective, but I've never forgotten that Steve Schmidt worked to get GWB re-elected and tried to foist Sarah Palin on us.

Abraham Lincoln's birthday was yesterday. Huh. Funny timing.

Rick Wilson is also a terrible awful person.  Fuck them.  

10 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

If this stuff is true, I'm most surprised by the Lincoln Project's astonishing stupidity in apparently thinking this stuff would never come out.

They are many a liberal's darling.

I know there was no chance of conviction. But if there were White House or Republican legislative aides capable of directly testifying that Trump was aware of the mob, enjoying it, and still withholding backup to law enforcement, I want it that aired in every public forum and entered in every record from here to the end of time.

And I want Cruz and Hawley and Graham to have to confront the live testimony of people they betrayed.

Archived