US Politics: One No Trump

Fragile Bird

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Shocking, not shocking, that Republicans are pro-terrorism if it means they can get power. Never call them anything else.

Dude. Come live down here for a year. Hell, even half a month. See who they represent. 

They know their voters. 

What those toxic evil republicans have brought us to: ordered a 6th piece of cast iron cookware. The elderly Black guy who delivered it was using a cane. Out there in the ice and snow piles. That’s how bad things are. And even worse than this.  Much worse.

Shut UP, Mitch! Does he really think he can appeal to trumpists AND anti-trumpets?

Cassidy Writes Two Sentences On Guilty Vote

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) wrote a whole two sentences on his decision to vote to convict.

“Our Constitution and our country is more important than any one person,” he wrote. “I voted to convict President Trump because he is guilty.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog/day-five-of-impeachment-trial-opens-with-decision-over-witnesses

Trump on acquittal: MAGA "has just begun".

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538766-trump-on-acquittal-maga-has-just-begun

Trump thanked his legal team for “upholding justice and defending truth.”

“Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people,” he said in the statement.

Feels like he's trying to goad the DoJ to indict Trump, which would be a different kind of fraught territory, not least because the GOP would immediately turn around and scream about political prosecution.

Next time someone says that we can work with Republicans, just cite the fact that we couldn't get 10 Republicans to vote to impeach a man that was obviously guilty as sin. These people are not honest actors and every single centrist dipshit who goes on CNN or MSNBC to talk about how we need bipartisanship and compromise should be harshly reminded that the GOP does not actually want to do anything to help anyone except themselves and their oligarch friends.

7 minutes ago, Ran said:

Feels like he's trying to goad the DoJ to indict Trump, which would be a different kind of fraught territory, not least because the GOP would immediately turn around and scream about political prosecution.

I think he's more praying that some state AG goes after Trump and gets a conviction. It doesn't technically bar him from office, but Trump being in state prison in 2024 would be a serious hamper on his ability to campaign.

I blame my fellow white southerners. These brainwashed, dumbass, morons. 

Because they don’t pay attention to shit, Republicans officials feel safe acquitting Trump, knowing these assholes will vote for them regardless since, “Mommy and Daddy told me Democrats are Bad!”

47 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

This seems foreboding that he’ll run again. Which could be a good or a bad thing.

Good in that so many people still hate trump.

bad in that so many people love him as well.

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

This seems foreboding that he’ll run again. Which could be a good or a bad thing.

Good in that so many people still hate trump.

bad in that so many people love him as well.

My fellow, “White Southerners”

The decedents of the people who thought owning other human beings was a good idea. 

49 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think he's more praying that some state AG goes after Trump and gets a conviction. It doesn't technically bar him from office, but Trump being in state prison in 2024 would be a serious hamper on his ability to campaign.

He'll regret his vote if Trump wins the nom and tanks the general next time.

Archived