US Politics: One No Trump

Fragile Bird

49 minutes ago, Karlbear said:

Sounds like a perfect American politician to me

Hence why we can't have nice things.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

I like how you quoted one proposition while ignoring the directly preceding qualifier - "If you map his CV on to a Democratic candidate."  Also, what Karl said.

I'd say the same thing if he was a Democratic candidate. A person who actively dislikes their potential voters, regardless of party, has no business trying to hold elected office. Is it shocking that someone like him is pretty openly hated? 

Also, when did Kal become the kid from The Walking Dead?

ETA: Or to put it another way:

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

A person who actively dislikes their potential voters, regardless of party, has no business trying to hold elected office.

Again, you're ignoring the fact I was simply and clearly only talking about his qualifications on paper.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

Again, you're ignoring the fact I was simply and clearly only talking about his qualifications on paper.

I know, but being qualified on paper is like saying a person has a left leg. Does having a left leg mean you can be a sprinter? Certainly you need one to be a sprinter, but it's only an aspect of it when you consider everything. Cruz probably has a great memory and does well on tests, but I've seen no evidence that's translated to much more than that. His legal career, albeit with just a surface level glance, appears to be more about getting attention than actually doing anything. Shocking he's been anything less as a Senator. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know, but being qualified on paper is like saying a person has a left leg.

Well, I'd argue it's never been more important to emphasize the need for qualified politicians.  But all I was saying is Cruz's ascendency as a GOP office-holder makes perfect sense given his career and even success at doing what he's been aiming to do (i.e. destroying our country) his entire adult life.

Archived