The Return of Jon Snow

Rondo

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

I have the crackpot theory that in the crypts is where Jon will find his dragon egg from those that Vermax left behind.

Yeah!!! I've heard that on Alyssane and Jaehaerys' visit to the North the dragons may have layed eggs there.It would be interesting if you theory is correct.

Just now, Dracul's Daughter said:

Yeah!!! I've heard that on Alyssane and Jaehaerys' visit to the North the dragons may have layed eggs there.It would be interesting if you theory is correct.

I think that the would be eggs are not from Jaehaerys and Alysanne's visit, but rather Jacarys's

2 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Vermax went there later before Dance with Jacaerys when he created the Pact of Ice and Fire which was fulfilled with Jon's birth. 

1 minute ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Vermax went there later before Dance with Jacaerys when he created the Pact of Ice and Fire which was fullfied with Jon's birth. 

How it was fulfilled with Jon's birth when so many years passed?Didn't they arrange marriages in a nearer future?

24 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

But I also want FaB part 2,more Dunk & Egg stories,the prequel of "Fevre Dream" (granted,I haven't read "Fevre Dream" yet but I still want it) and other stories he has in mind that I don't remember.

I think/hope he has some of it already written,the best way of procrastinating is doing it by doing other useful things, and when a writer gets ideas he has to pen them, that's even how ASOIAF started. So let's hope it's so.

6 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

I think/hope he has some of it already written,the best way of procrastinating is doing it by doing other useful things, and when a writer gets ideas he has to pen them, that's even how ASOIAF started. So let's hope it's so.

The good thing is that he seems to be on a roll with TWOW.:D

3 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

The good thing is that he seems to be in a roll with TWOW.:D

Oh yes, I've been speculating for it's release since May.

8 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

How it was fulfilled with Jon's birth when so many years passed?Didn't they arrange marriages in a nearer future?

Yes but the pact wasn’t fulfilled after Dance, Jacaerys died without children. The same thing, a wedding between a Stark and a Targaryen took place almost 150 years later.

Just now, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Yes but the pact wasn’t fulfilled after Dance, Jacaerys died without children. The same thing, a wedding between a Stark and a Targaryen took place almost 150 years later.

Oh!I see it.I'm very curious to find more about Lyanna and Rhaegar's relationship.Did she also knew about the profecy,or it was just about the pact?It was also love???I remember her being all dashed about him.I doubt she was forced,as I trust Ned knowing her.Maybe Rhaegar liked her too.I NEED ANSWERS MARTIN!!!!

8 hours ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

There is no path forward for Jon when he comes back.  He got caught in a lie.  The pink letter exposed his corruption.  The people of the north will hate him for setting up Lady Karstark with the wildling.  He will be treated as a deserter if he gets caught in the south.  

Yeah I think that marriage is going to be a big problem in the North.

22 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Oh yes, I've been speculating for it's release since May.

I've long since stopped doing such speculations. Given that Dany has been in Meereen ever since the Clinton administration, I've long since given up hope for a proper deadline/speculation. I'm just waiting to see what happens without making any false hopes.

6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Given that Dany has been in Meereen ever since the Clinton administration,

:lol:

She will get there...sooner or later...and I think it will be the latter.We'll still have to wait for her a little while until she settles things in Essos and depending what plans will she have for Slaver's Bay.

1 minute ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

She will get there...sooner or later...and I think it will be the latter.We'll still have to wait for a her a little while until she settles things in Essos and depending what plans will she have for Slaver's Bay.

I hope more time. What wouldn't I give for a whole nother book of learning about Ghiscari cuisine and culture, maybe even the Dothraki one too, I'm sure horse can be prepared in so many different ways. Something like that would clearly be better than say Dany moving her valyrian ass over to Westeros.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Given that Dany has been in Meereen ever since the Clinton administration,...

Wow. When you put it like that... FFS. Kids can now legally drink who were born when ASOS was published (or can in August on the 21st anniversary of publication). Ridiculous.

Never thought about dragon eggs being in the crypts of Winterfell before. Hiding in the lower levels perhaps? When Theon and Lady Dustin go to the crypts there's some potential foreshadowing when the lower levels are mentioned. Hmm.

Just now, Lord of Blackhaven said:

Never thought about dragon eggs being in the crypts of Winterfell before. Hiding in the lower levels perhaps?

I mean if they are, there are only there to be given to future Targs as there isn't enough time for them to hatch and be used. Maybe Jon and Dany have children and despite the og dragons dying, the kids are given the Winterfell dragon eggs?

Not really sure what other purpose those eggs could serve, unless GRRM uses some magical mombo jumbo to make them grow extra fast.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean if they are, there are only there to be given to future Targs as there isn't enough time for them to hatch and be used. Maybe Jon and Dany have children and despite the og dragons dying, the kids are given the Winterfell dragon eggs?

Not really sure what other purpose those eggs could serve, unless GRRM uses some magical mombo jumbo to make them grow extra fast.

Also, don't dragon eggs usually need a lot of heat to hatch? That was the implication for why Dragonstone was ideal. Or when Dany's three hatched in the funeral pyre.

A fire can be manufactured I suppose, but I doubt this is a plot device Martin will use. It would be a little too "deus ex machina."

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It can be one of Jon’s paternity proofs or the dragon that will be woke from the stone.

5 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yes, but would those ones be full of life and vigor too? Otherwise they don't count for Azor Ahai.

Jon is not a full, clean blooded Targaryen he cannot have the liveliness and vigor the Targaryens have. Therefore his dragon will be like the last dragon.

Archived