The Return of Jon Snow

Rondo

On 16/02/2021 at 1:23 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

A headless wight isn’t of much use.

Why? We see wighted animals that have been disembowled, wights without hands, wight hands without bodies, doing the will of the Others. 

A wight with Grey Wind's head and Robb's body would be terrible to behold (especially for the Freys that spread those lies of him being a beastling), and terribly sad, for those that knew them both. And have just as much utility as Jafer Flowers.

the one-handed thing that had once been a ranger named Jafer Flowers, had also been destroyed, cut near to pieces by a dozen swords … but not before it had slain Ser Jaremy Rykker and four other men. Ser Jaremy had finished the job of hacking its head off, yet had died all the same when the headless corpse pulled his own dagger from its sheath and buried it in his bowels.

(AGoT Ch 60 Jon VIII)

On 2/14/2021 at 1:40 PM, Rondo said:

He was wearing an ice armor and fighting the wights atop the wall.  In the dream, he was alone and fighting a losing battle.  This particular dream can be all true or partly true.  I'm not trying to prove anything.

The ice armor came from the Others.  He was awakened from death by the Others.  He was able to hold on to his mind because he warged his wolf.  Coldhands was also man of the nights' watch.  He had information to share but he chose to stay away.  The nights' watch and the wildlings would not take kindly to a dead man coming back to life.  All their experiences tell them the dead coming back will mean trouble.  Coldhands stayed away.  He was also accidentally brought back by the Others.  He kept his mind because he was also a warg.  Make note of how he took control of that elk.  A herd animal does not like being away from the others.  CH forced the poor animal to carry them to safety. 

The brothers of the watch and the wildlings will burn every walking dead they see.  It explains why Brynden Rivers, the Bloodraven, never tried to return to the wall.  Jon is not going to be accepted when he comes back.  He will be the lone wolf until death takes his body.

It’s as good a reason as any for why CH and BR stayed away. Jon is also guilty of treason.  Nobody would welcome the resurrection of a dead traitor.

CH and BR hid out on the other side of the wall. Jon is too fixated on Arya to do that. He will need an army to attack the Boltons.  Jon might give himself to the White Walkers in return for their help in rescuing Arya.  Jon will sellout Westeros to help his sister.  

3 hours ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

It’s as good a reason as any for why CH and BR stayed away. Jon is also guilty of treason.  Nobody would welcome the resurrection of a dead traitor.

CH and BR hid out on the other side of the wall. Jon is too fixated on Arya to do that. He will need an army to attack the Boltons.  Jon might give himself to the White Walkers in return for their help in rescuing Arya.  Jon will sellout Westeros to help his sister.  

Nice opinion and all, nice to see something new and daring from you, but can you, I dunno, bring one shred of proof for your theory?

Jon is dead/will die. What is left of him will be preserved in Ghost. When he is returned to his dead body (I think the show simplified this for obvious reasons), what remains will be part wolf (wild). He will ultimately uphold his oath as a man of the Nights Watch, but will largely be seen as a Jaime Lannister figure ("They make you swear and swear...").

Jon will come back in physical form but he will no longer be human.  He will have become a walking dead like Coldhands.  His last ideas before dying were Arya and revenge.  I suppose those will motivate him to murder the men at the wall and then seek out Arya.  It will lead to further destruction and sorrow for the people.  This is a clear example of how love can be destructive when people do not have their priorities straight.  Jon already went down that road when he sent Mance Rayder to get Arya away from Ramsay Bolton. 

27 minutes ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Jon already went down that road when he sent Mance Rayder to get Arya away from Ramsay Bolton. 

Damn, I didn't know Jon likes to wear drag, speak in religious nonsense, go by the name Melissandre and fuck Stannis.

I mean okay, I can get the last one, but still, all that to release Mance and trick even GRRM and the audience that it was Mel who released him as he was her prisoner and she came with the proposal.

Coldhands had another reason to stay on the north side of the wall.  Coldhands would rot if he had gone below the wall.  He had to stay in the freezing zone to prevent his body from decaying.  Jon will have to do the same to keep his physical body from rotting away.  Brynden Rivers was stuck to the roots.  He can't move even if he had wanted to.  Though that fails to explain why he didn't communicate with Aemon through dreams.  

On 2/17/2021 at 11:24 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Prove it.

Like what basis does this statement have in the text?

His birth

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. "Eddard!" she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.

Bran also seen it

Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him

there’s actually a lot 

4 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

It wasn’t Jon the one who ended up insane killing everyone, children, men, women, innocents and guilty alike and then died while the Stark family was alive at the end with a two Kingdoms of their own.

What is this even supposed to mean? and what does this  have to do with hating Jon based on the books?

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What is this even supposed to mean? and what does this  have to do with hating Jon based on the books?

People keep finding nonsense to hate because they cannot stand how the tv series ended and that the Starks survived and ended up ruling Westeros. They are bitter about what happened at the end and that is sad.

Bran becoming king at the end is beyond stupid. It makes no sense. Even some of the staunchest Stark fans on this site will freely admit that. Sana on the hand becoming Queen in the North is fantastic. I hope it happens in the book too. Hell, I hope she becomes Queen of the Seven Kingdoms for that matter since I don't believe it will be Dany in the end. As far as Jon is concerned he bores me to death. Nothing more nothing less. and it has nothing to do with the tv show.

Archived