Watch, Watched, Watching: Three Monkeys Edition

Ran

9 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I've been watching Terriers for the first time after seeing it talked up on the internet for a while. It's entertaining so far.

That's awesome. Jealous you get to experience it for the first time. I re-watched it a year or so ago and it still held up and even though it got canceled after the first season, the ending works.

Finished up the final season of Agents of SHIELD on Saturday.  The last three seasons were pretty rough, but no worse than season 1.  Did enjoy the final episode quite a bit though.  Have started rewtaching The Last Kingdom as my workout show, not sure what will be after that.

Really enjoying rewatching The Shield, and am now 2/3s of the way through season 3.  Quite funny seeing Coulson pop up as

a serial rapist of elderly women.  Definitely no type casting there.

Also rewatched season 3 of Chuck after finishing season 2 of The Shield.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:04 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Can someone take one for the team and watch the new Coming to America? I want to know if it's as bad as it looked in the trailer. 

It was aggressively bad.  

19 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm gonna watch C2A eventually. Honestly I'm not as turned off by the trailers as most. I thought the 1st CtoA was hilarious so I may be way in the minority and like this.

I though the first one was hilarious as well, but you know this will be a flaming train wreck ;) Still, I'll probably watch it this weekend. A buddy of mine is coming over and I told him we are going to watch something amazing... And then I'll spring the trap and put on C2A :lol: Best thing I can hope for is that it's so terrible it becomes brilliant again.

18 hours ago, Mexal said:

That's awesome. Jealous you get to experience it for the first time. I re-watched it a year or so ago and it still held up and even though it got canceled after the first season, the ending works.

I want to rewatch. Show just has such a good vibe. I think it’s my favorite bromance only after Pullo/Vorenus

14 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I'm gonna watch C2A eventually. Honestly I'm not as turned off by the trailers as most. I thought the 1st CtoA was hilarious so I may be way in the minority and like this.

What I keep hearing is that it's a bad retread that spends a lot of time poking fun at the differences between what you could do in the 80's verses today. 

The lack of an R rating always spelt disaster for me.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, BigFatCoward said:

@Heartofice it's always sunny is one of the 3 greatest US sitcoms of all time. Along with Parks and Rec and Schitts Creek. But it can be hard work as it has such massive highs and some really weak episodes.

For me, once you get to season 2 when Frank arrives the dynamic becomes perfect. 

Schitt's Creek is not a US show.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dances with Wolves was really straight ripped off by Avatar.

But as the great Stugotz said, "If you're going to call the movie Dances with Wolves, I want to see Costner dance with a wolf."

Fern Gully not DwW.

I just finished Gotham season 4. Only got the final half season to go. After Parks and Recreation season 4 I will finish Gotham. It's a good show but the what is dead may never die approach is getting really annoying. Hopefully the final episodes won't do that and will wrap things up nicely.

19 minutes ago, Week said:

Fern Gully not DwW.

Only saw it once as a kid and found it to be creepy. I get the visual comparison, but the plots of DwD and Avatar are very similar. They just end differently because one is real and one isn't. 

1 hour ago, Ghostlydragon said:

I just finished Gotham season 4. Only got the final half season to go. After Parks and Recreation season 4 I will finish Gotham. It's a good show but the what is dead may never die approach is getting really annoying. Hopefully the final episodes won't do that and will wrap things up nicely.

Didn't know that was still on. I had to quit watching, Fish just made my skin crawl whenever she was on screen.  (I just saw it ended in 2019)

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Only saw it once as a kid and found it to be creepy. I get the visual comparison, but the plots of DwD and Avatar are very similar. They just end differently because one is real and one isn't. 

Mr. Plinkett summed it up much as you did: "Avatar tells the story of Dances With Wolves in space."

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

Didn't know that was still on. I had to quit watching, Fish just made my skin crawl whenever she was on screen.  (I just saw it ended in 2019)

Oh she was so horrible.  

Archived