Game of Thrones Academic Survey

Iona_McWilliams

Calling all my fellow GoT fans, 

For my thesis this year, I am carrying out research on the impact of film tourism, particularly Game of Thrones, on the destination image of Northern Ireland. The key aim of this research is to compare the images of Northern Ireland from the perspective of film tourists and non-film tourists, as well as explore the importance of culture and authenticity on film tourists’ motivations and experiences. As a huge fan myself, my decision to choose this topic was influenced by my own experience during a Game of Thrones filming locations tour in Northern Ireland in 2019. 

I am looking for anyone who has visited Northern Ireland, and/or any of the Game of Thrones filming locations in Northern Ireland, to fill out my online survey, which will take around 10-15 minutes to complete following the link below. Please note this research has been approved by the University of Strathclyde Ethics Committee, and responses will be kept anonymous. 

I would really appreciate your participation, and I would like to thank you in advance for your time. 

Survey link: https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5BJQDoBbWcT7yEm?fbclid=IwAR2LGa7Ni-Ax0y2uJeYoX_f8kIu82HXx9_bEBCYZYQCZVb7npAbH-mIIE_4

Archived