US Politics: Ted Cruz - A Tale of two Snowflakes

A Horse Named Stranger

We are past the 20 page mark. Yes, the title is a bit meh. Thus I am open for changes.  Took me two days, but now I am reasonably satisfied with the title.

After that disclaimer.

@DMC your take on the battle of the despicable dinosaurs. Who will win this, Trump or Mitch?

So yesterday at the health club-

A lifelong Republican Lawyer friend from Kentucky, stated he's proud of McConnell for calling out Trump. He (the lawyer) has completely turned on Trump, the Capitol insurrection was a bridge too far, he says.

I suspect there are many who are finally tireing of the former Presidents character.

27 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

@DMC your take on the battle of the despicable dinosaurs. Who will win this, Trump or Mitch?

All I know for sure is in the end we will all lose.  Including Trump and McConnell.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So yesterday at the health club-

A lifelong Republican Lawyer friend from Kentucky, stated he's proud of McConnell for calling out Trump. He (the lawyer) has completely turned on Trump, the Capitol insurrection was a bridge too far, he says.

I suspect there are many who are finally tireing of the former Presidents character.

They were tired of him before too. So what? Talk to me in 3 years when he's running again. 

ETA: Hell, I bet he voted for Trump too. Real easy to say 'oh man that sucks' when it doesn't matter what you say now.

Manchin to vote no on Tanden as OMB director.  Still think she'll probably be fine - the Budget committee vote next week should be a clear indicator if she can get any GOP votes with Toomey and Romney as members.  But it's pretty amusing to imagine the cognitive dissonance involved with the progressive hatred having to credit Joe Manchin for taking her down.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

Manchin to vote no on Tanden as OMB director.  Still think she'll probably be fine - the Budget committee vote next week should be a clear indicator if she can get any GOP votes with Toomey and Romney as members.  But it's pretty amusing to imagine the cognitive dissonance involved with the progressive hatred having to credit Joe Manchin for taking her down.

Would be really nice to know the price to get Manchin on board ahead of time. "Listen Joey, we're going to rebuild every bridge and build out 20 GW wind farms -- built by WV union labor. Now will you shut the fuck up on important things and hew to the center on your own random crap."

It's really exhausting to go through this in barely the second month of the Biden admin.

8 minutes ago, Week said:

Would be really nice to know the price to get Manchin on board ahead of time. "Listen Joey, we're going to rebuild every bridge and build out 20 GW wind farms -- built by WV union labor. Now will you shut the fuck up on important things and hew to the center on your own random crap."

It's really exhausting to go through this in barely the second month of the Biden admin.

Speaking from experience, don't call someone named Joseph "Joey" unless you want them to tell you, "fuck you," Weeky.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Speaking from experience, don't call someone named Joseph "Joey" unless you want them to tell you, "fuck you," Weeky.

I'm aware Winnie. :kiss:

3 minutes ago, Week said:

Got it, humblebrag Tywinnie. :)

You can call me Tywinnie when, and only when, you let me lick some spicy peanut butter off of your left nipple. Not a second beforehand. I have some dignity, after all.

7 minutes ago, Week said:

Soz, x2 post

Jokes aside, this is magic. Like how a Canadian born Hispanic could rebrand himself as a racist white Southerner, who hates Mexicans, then flees to Mexico, only to blame it on his children, then lies some more.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Robert Kuttner of The American Prospect seems to think that if Tanden bows out the next batter up is Gene Sperling. I don't know much about him, but I generally trust the folks over at The Prospect and this endorsement from Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research indicates that this would be a solid pick.

Dean Baker, the founding director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, told me: “Gene’s views have genuinely evolved from when he was in the Clinton administration. While I would not have wanted the Gene Sperling of 25 years ago to hold a top position in the Biden administration, I think the Gene Sperling of today would be an outstanding pick as head of OMB.”

14 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I generally trust the folks over at The Prospect and this endorsement from Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research indicates that this would be a solid pick.

Yeah Sperling has generally made up with the left - this piece is a good example how much so over the past decade.  I'd frankly prefer someone younger, but whatever I guess.  One thing you'll like about him is he detests Larry Summers.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Yeah Sperling has generally made up with the left - this piece is a good example how much so over the past decade.  I'd frankly prefer someone younger, but whatever I guess.  One thing you'll like about him is he detests Larry Summers.

Be still my beating heart.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jokes aside, this is magic. Like how a Canadian born Hispanic could rebrand himself as a racist white Southerner, who hates Mexicans, then flees to Mexico, only to blame it on his children, then lies some more.

Hey!

If he’s American enough he’s eligible to be President, he ain’t a Canadian!

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey!

Since SCOTUS has never actually defined "natural born citizen", it's not 100% certain that he is eligible to be President. He probably is, he was born a US citizen since his mother was a US citizen at the time. But he was born in Calgary.

53 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey!

Hey!

If my dad who I hate is a corpse trying to pretend to be alive and my girl dumps me in the same week, I get to make all the jokes.

Go sleep with someone 15m below sea level in the cockpit of a crashed plane, BIRD!

Archived