US Politics: Ted Cruz - A Tale of two Snowflakes

A Horse Named Stranger

He's still talking... I thought he might be afraid of the DoJ and lie low with the big lie for a bit, but he clearly thinks he doesn't have to fear any legal issues regarding the insurrection... And he's probably eagerly anticipating March 4.

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You know, you should only be able to grab a handful, that’s the perfect amount of flag.

Not gonna make any comment on flagstaffs, but one should be able to grab it with both hands and have room to spare.

I'm sorry, just venting. Seems like my time with the pretty blue eyed lady with laughably large breasts is at an end.

Until the next one I guess. :cheers:

While not surprising, looks like the delay in census data will seriously complicate redistricting, subsequent gerrymandering, and the 2022 cycle:

A six-month delay holding up the data that states use to draw their legislative districts is mangling plans for the 2022 elections, as states discuss postponing primaries and navigating legal deadlines for redistricting that some are now almost certain to miss.

The Census Bureau announced in mid-February that redistricting data — the granular, block-level population counts that are used to draw equal-population political boundaries for state legislatures and the House of Representatives — would be released by Sept. 30 this year, well past the usual delivery date of March 31.

Many states are typically done with redistricting by then, not just starting it, and the delay puts states with early primaries and redistricting deadlines in a difficult position. At least nine states have constitutional or statutory deadlines to redraw their maps, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, that won’t mesh with such a profound delay in the data delivery. Election officials in some states, such as North Carolina, have recommended moving back early primary dates to make more time for drawing new districts. And both political parties will have to grapple with how to recruit candidates to run for districts that may not exist until just before election season begins.

This portends one of the more chaotic midterms in recent history.  I do not envy political prognosticators when it comes to next year's House elections.

16 hours ago, Myshkin said:

So I thought I’d bring a quick update from the Branch Trumpidian compound:

Back in the spring I joined a Dr. Fauci fan group on Facebook, I don’t know why, maybe because I thought all the latest about Covid would come up.

After a while it really got taken over by Trump haters and attacks on Trump were regular fodder. Those people seem to have drifted away and the group has been taken over by ReTrumplicans. Attacks on Biden, Fauci, the CDC and anyone not a Trump supporter just roll on and on and on. Biden is being manipulated by Satanic forces, he has dementia, he can’t answer a simple question from reporters. Fauci and the CDC have had patents on the coronavirus since 2002 and they are the ones who spread it.

Americans are just fascinating. So many live under rocks. It’s like watching news from that crazy man up the street who sits on his porch all summer screaming at passers-by whenever he’s out.

It looks like the minimum wage hike is toast for now, but at least stimulus checks and PUA should be safe. I dont know the path forward for minimum wages to increase in the US. Perhaps the way forward is to get corporations to get on board rather than via legislation. This is partly how climate change action occurred in the US absent any push from government. At some point companies may realize a happier workforce is a more productive workforce.

I wasn't following the confirmation hearings, but I'm a little surprised that it looks like Garland is going to be one of the closer cabinet votes:

I didn't think he'd be one of the 90+ers in the final vote, but I figured he'd be in the 70s, like Blinken or Thomas-Greenfield. If Rs like Sasse and Kennedy are voting No though, he'll probably get mid 60s at best.

Well, he wants to do  full investigation of the Jan 6th events... I was wondering how that went over with the R senators.

Of couse, the cynic in me says he's jewish, so...

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Back in the spring I joined a Dr. Fauci fan group on Facebook, I don’t know why, maybe because I thought all the latest about Covid would come up.

After a while it really got taken over by Trump haters and attacks on Trump were regular fodder. Those people seem to have drifted away and the group has been taken over by ReTrumplicans. Attacks on Biden, Fauci, the CDC and anyone not a Trump supporter just roll on and on and on. Biden is being manipulated by Satanic forces, he has dementia, he can’t answer a simple question from reporters. Fauci and the CDC have had patents on the coronavirus since 2002 and they are the ones who spread it.

Americans are just fascinating. So many live under rocks. It’s like watching news from that crazy man up the street who sits on his porch all summer screaming at passers-by whenever he’s out.

I feel like this whole thing could be put to rest if Dr. Jill Biden and Dr. Deborah Birx just kissed already.

Apparently Trump and Melania got their vaccines in January. If you recall, Pence was willing to be televised getting it, but not Trump. At CPAC he did ask everyone to get their shot, but a photo op in January might have gone quite a way in convincing his supporters (who appear to be the most recalcitrant)

32 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Apparently Trump and Melania got their vaccines in January. If you recall, Pence was willing to be televised getting it, but not Trump. At CPAC he did ask everyone to get their shot, but a photo op in January might have gone quite a way in convincing his supporters (who appear to be the most recalcitrant)

I get that the former guy is in that age group, but why did Melania get it? Essential worker?!

1 minute ago, Mindwalker said:

I get that the former guy is in that age group, but why did Melania get it? Essential worker?!

Can't be. Too well paid for an essential worker. Unless she gets stiffed by her husband, too.

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Well, he wants to do  full investigation of the Jan 6th events... I was wondering how that went over with the R senators.

Of couse, the cynic in me says he's jewish, so...

Your first point is unlikely to be the reason Sasse and Kennedy voted against him.

Could very well be the main reason for Hawley, though. 

Archived