For All Mankind (spoilers)

SpaceChampion

Watching. 

Gordo's an affable mess [Dorman's fantastic though, totally down since Patriot] 

Love Molly and Wayne, particularly Wayne's effect on Karen over time [watching them share a doob on the golf course just made me smile]

I'm here for the interpersonal dynamics, but it's a pretty good alt-history show too. No idea where it's going.

Edited by JEORDHl

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I think Ed is asking for trouble.

Hide contents

Gordo's still got the moon madness. He's gonna get someone killed.

Spoiler

The potential is there, sure. The pathos of the character and his general decency could see Gordo wash out with a bit of glory too. It'd be cool to see him redirect the narrative he's been living off to Danielle.

As an aside, though not entirely unrelated, feels kind of weird Ed entirely skated on his international incident.

And Tracy becoming exactly what everyone in the program feared, despite her determination to be an astronaut and how important that was to her, feels out of character.

They should fill in the time jump a bit maybe, I don't know.  

Edited by JEORDHl

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Pulling the trigger

Hide contents

Wow, that was pretty horrific seeing the cosmonaut burn up like that in the previous episode, and his charred remains in this one.  I don't know how likely this is, but seems plausible.

Yeah, you can only imagine the Russians' reaction to that. Wars have started over far less. 

The finale was freakin' amazing.

The writing in this show is so good. Just like in Season 1, a bunch of episodes full of deep, unhurried character development paid off immensely towards the climax as people we cared about were put into increasingly perilous situations. 

I cried ugly for

Spoiler

Gordo and Tracey.

Absolutely badass.  

Edited by Spockydog

I finished season 1 yesterday. 

After initial problems with the culture of the times - the cold war rhetorics still bother me from time to time - I enjoyed it. My only real complaint is that unless they are in real peril, I feel slighly detached of the characters, even though most of them are likeable or relatable. (My favorites being Molly rough-around-the-edges Moly and her laid-back husband.) Something about the narrative keeping me at arm's length.

Still, very well done. Love what they do with contemporary pop music.

Off to the eighties tonight!

Btw., will there be a season 3?

Edited by Mindwalker

On 4/25/2021 at 7:43 AM, Spockydog said:

The finale was freakin' amazing.

The writing in this show is so good. Just like in Season 1, a bunch of episodes full of deep, unhurried character development paid off immensely towards the climax as people we cared about were put into increasingly perilous situations. 

I cried ugly for

Hide contents

Gordo and Tracey.

That crushed me, no lie. 

2 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Btw., will there be a season 3?

It's filming, allegedly. 

Episode 4, and I'm activel... strongly disliking Ed by now.  He's selfish and irresponsible, particularly with Gordo.

The car scene was funny, though.

What did

Spoiler

Clayton

die from? At first I got the impression it was a long disease, but then his sister said he'd "killed himself".

Is it just me or

Spoiler

are they setting up something between Karen and Danny?

Ugh.

Edited by Mindwalker

• 1 month later...

Well this show was the best thing I’ve seen in years. Until they went and destroyed it with Game of Thrones level messed up depravity.

Talk about character assassination. Damn. No coming back from this for Karen. And if Ed ever takes her back he loses any self respect she left him after this humiliating betrayal. 

Ludicrous writing. Bold and Beautiful level shit.

I reckon I’m done.

About two weeks ago, I binge-watched S1 and loved it.  But, when I jumped into S2, it was difficult to adjust to the time jump.  Then, some of the writing choices made me put it aside for a while (the large listening device that sat on top of a light fixture for 9 years, the over-the-top melodrama that ensued after Kelly told Ed that she wanted to go to Annapolis).  This weekend I decided to just watch it to the end, and I'm glad that I did.  In the last 3 episodes, almost every scene delivered a large emotional impact. 

Yes, the viewers had to sit through a couple ridiculous scenes and the big problems on the moon were resolved a little too quickly and neatly.  But, wow, what a ride.  For me, it's the best of 2021 so far.  I can't wait to see what happens on Mars in S3.

Edited by Teng Ai Modric