Fictional/Historical Best tutors and guardians for Viserys/Daenerys

Mrstrategy

Who would be the best historical/fictional character or characters to tutor and protect Viserys/Daenerys while in exile or jon snow and the starks in the north?

https://realbusiness.co.uk/12-fictional-characters-that-leaders-can-learn-from/

https://www.industryleadersmagazine.com/leadership-and-10-great-leaders-from-history/amp/

https://bernel.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-20-fictional-swordsmen.html?m=1

For Viserys, learning how to work your way up from exile and conquer and rule a Kingdom, I'd say James the Second of England or maybe Napoleon the Third, both in my opinion greatly underrated historical figures.

For Dany, knowing how to deal with being a woman, how to rule as one and do good, definitely Mary of Romania. If you don't know her story, you should look into it, it rocks.

Dany reminds me of Alexander the Great, so I would say Euclid. The "no royal road to geometry" anecdote. (Which was probably what Euclid said to Ptolmy I Soter, not Alexander the Great, as I was first told, but oh well). 

I can see Tyrion acting as a poor man's Euclid and telling Dany there is no Dragon Road to geometry.

6 minutes ago, Walda said:

Dany reminds me of Alexander the Great, so I would say Euclid. The "no royal road to geometry" anecdote. (Which was probably what Euclid said to Ptolmy I Soter, not Alexander the Great, as I was first told, but oh well). 

Also, there's the other things tying the Ptolemies and the Targaryens

One person is not enough.  King Viserys III and Princess Daenerys needed a council and a court of advisers.  

1. Sun Tzu can help prepare them for the game of thrones.
  2. Alfred Pennyworth.  Because there is a little bit of Batman in Princess Daenerys.  Alfred can mentor King Viserys III and teach him patience and wisdom.
  3. Barristan Selmy.  Viserys needs to learn how to fight.
  4. Abraham Lincoln.  Daenerys can learn from this man who fought against slavery.
  5. Julianne Hough.  A king should learn ballroom dancing.  

Dany's fight against slavery went bad because she wasn't radical enough, so we need some hardcore radicals to train her. Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Malcom X, José de San Martin, Simon Bolivar, Georges-Jacques Danton, Jean-Paul Marat, Maximillien Robespierre, Juana Azurduy, whoever lead the Black Panthers, Eva Perón, Camilo Cienfuegos (and that's not just name bias), Toussaint Louverture, even Lenin could be a good influence.

And she could also get good council from writers and intellectuals Rodolfo Walsh, Eduardo Galeano, Karl Marx.

10 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Dany's fight against slavery went bad because she wasn't radical enough, so we need some hardcore radicals to train her. Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Malcom X, José de San Martin, Simon Bolivar, Georges-Jacques Danton, Jean-Paul Marat, Maximillien Robespierre, Juana Azurduy, whoever lead the Black Panthers, Eva Perón, Camilo Cienfuegos (and that's not just name bias), Toussaint Louverture, even Lenin could be a good influence.

And she could also get good council from writers and intellectuals Rodolfo Walsh, Eduardo Galeano, Karl Marx.

Oh shit oh fuck...

Here comes the Ghiscari Peoples Republic.

You thought Dany had food problems? You ain't seen nothing yet.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, Mrstrategy said:

Who would be the best historical/fictional character or characters to tutor and protect Viserys/Daenerys while in exile or jon snow and the starks in the north?

https://realbusiness.co.uk/12-fictional-characters-that-leaders-can-learn-from/

https://www.industryleadersmagazine.com/leadership-and-10-great-leaders-from-history/amp/

https://bernel.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-20-fictional-swordsmen.html?m=1

Daenerys and Viserys needed shelter and protection in the beginning.  The Sealord of Braavos must have provided them with those basic needs early on.  But yeah, Sun Tzu as well as Julius Caesar should be considered.  

Jon had a chance to learn from Halfhand, Mormont, Marsh, and Mance.  But he's such a stubborn, emotional hothead.  Samwell was the brains in that partnership.  The brains went with Samwell in the South.  Although even Samwell would not be able to stop Jon from interfering with the Boltons for the sake of Arya.  

4 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I think Danton, San Martin, Bolivar, Louverture, (and I'd add Dessalines and Alexadndre Dumas Grandpere) would be useful.  The others, not so much.

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

I think Danton, San Martin, Bolivar, Louverture, (and I'd add Dessalines and Alexadndre Dumas Grandpere) would be useful.  The others, not so much.

My goal was people who successfully lead revolutions and managed to keep power afterwards, mixing in some good military commanders that didn't sidetrack from their actual goals and some people who would actually understand the utter injustice of Slaver's Bay and how to fight it, that's why I think the Black Panthers are important, radical revolutionaries who wouldn't let Dany give in to a single slaver demand. Also Dany reminds me of Evita in some ways, and she did manage to secure the people who saw her as a mother as a very important tool. And I mean, say what  you will about Castro, but he did lead a successful revolution, once he took power he did whatever he wanted and his regime still stands almost 70 years later.
I did want to add Dumas but couldn't for the life of me remember his name, Dessalines is a good addition too.

20 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

My goal was people who successfully lead revolutions and managed to keep power afterwards, mixing in some good military commanders that didn't sidetrack from their actual goals and some people who would actually understand the utter injustice of Slaver's Bay and how to fight it, that's why I think the Black Panthers are important, radical revolutionaries who wouldn't let Dany give in to a single slaver demand. Also Dany reminds me of Evita in some ways, and she did manage to secure the people who saw her as a mother as a very important tool. And I mean, say what  you will about Castro, but he did lead a successful revolution, once he took power he did whatever he wanted and his regime still stands almost 70 years later.
I did want to add Dumas but couldn't for the life of me remember his name, Dessalines is a good addition too.

I think Dany was trapped by her own prejudices.  She cannot (unsurprisingly) envisage a world without powerful nobles.  The others were familiar with enlightenment thinking, despite some of them being aristocrats themselves.

23 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think Dany was trapped by her own prejudices.  She cannot (unsurprisingly) envisage a world without powerful nobles.  The others were familiar with enlightenment thinking, despite some of them being aristocrats themselves.

Yup, 100% agree. For whatever stupid reason Dany didn't take the salver's wealth. That didn't make sense militarily, as when you conquer a place, you sack it, and it didn't make sense form a justice POV, that wealth was produced by the slaves, so justice dictates that they should keep it.

Just now, broken one said:

Slavery at the Bay (and in the whole woiaf) is not connected to race by any means... or am I missing something? Seems GRRM has succesfully shunned the issue in general.

It's not, slaves are just prisoners of war.

Archived