Fictional/Historical Best tutors and guardians for Viserys/Daenerys

Mrstrategy

I'd say Sigismund of Luxembourg would be a decent choice. While he never had to live in an actual exile, the amount of crap he had to deal with through his rule is unbelievable - rebellions, and that time when everybody thought he was dead... but more than anything else, guy was an excellent organizer. He basically placed foundations for Hungarian military system as utilized by Janos Hunyadi and Matthias Corvinus, and while they did make some improvements, Sigismund's defence system and military organization lasted until the 1526. Battle of Mohacs. And it must not be forgotten that he was a Holy Roman Emperor. While German nobles were nowhere as treacherous as Westerosi de-facto brigands with lordly titles, the political system of Holy Roman Empire was rather chaotic - yet I would still rate it as superior to Westerosi one. So between his political experience, superior political system he comes from, and military experience far ahead of any Westerosi lord - and, I would argue, far ahead of any person alive on Planetos at the time of the story - he is basically an ideal choice, as far as I am concerned. At least so long as Daenerys and Viserys still want to get back and rule Westeros.

Second choice would be Emperor Heraclius, especially if he comes in the package with his father Heraclius the Elder. Their situation is similar to Daenerys' - across the sea from the place they wanted to go to, and surrounded by enemies. Emperor Heraclius also had to basically build an army from a scratch, though he had access to troops and military system far superior to anything that exists in Planetos. And he did it successfully, driving out Persians who at that point had conquered basically the entire Empire except for Constantinople.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, CamiloRP said:

Toussaint Louverture

Louverture was not radical enough, imo, after the abolition of slavery. Also he lost. (Plenty of similarities between these warlords though)

On 2/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, CamiloRP said:

Yup, 100% agree. For whatever stupid reason Dany didn't take the salver's wealth. That didn't make sense militarily, as when you conquer a place, you sack it, and it didn't make sense form a justice POV, that wealth was produced by the slaves, so justice dictates that they should keep it.

Sounds like a Haitian warlord to me

On 2/22/2021 at 9:02 PM, CamiloRP said:

even Lenin could be a good influence.

Lenin would totally be a good influence, depending on the definition of "good" of course lol. But as Tywin says, "No half measures", and when it comes to anti revolutionary purges, I mean, theres only one Stalin

On 2/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, Jay21 said:

Dany and Jon both need a Metternich to teach them to be a little more Machievellian.

Aerys could have used a Metternich

Archived