Fictional swordsman best kingsguard

Mrstrategy

1. Lan Mandragoran (WoT). Naturally ignoring fact that he is already married and his wife happens to be very powerful witch.

2. Mat(rim) Cauthon (WoT). He might use a spear/glaive instead of sword but he really knows how to use it. Alas he is married and his wife has huge army including many witches and terrible beasts.

3. Miyamoto Musashi (Book written by Eiji Yoshikawa). There might have been a ronin with same name but stories told about him had made him partly supernatural samurai.

4. D'Artagnan (The 3 Musketeers)

5. Honor Harrington (Serie written by David Weber). She might be "nowadays" be married but when she was younger she was one of deadliest dualists and she is much stronger and smarter than people who are not end result of  very long eugenics  project. Or she is literally homo superior/member of Aryan super race.

6. Naruto. He has no need for a sword bc he could by using his jutsu become an army.

7. Sasuke Uchiha (same serie than 6). He is a "demigod" like Naruto and almost as strong than him.

Nice, I don't know any of the samurai, but a kings guard with 7 samurai would be solid fighters and probably super noble.  At least they probably wouldn't nail the queen when you were sleeping.  That being said, gotta have honour and not just fighting ability.  I'd keep Barristan on the list, but the dude does lose a lot of kings and I'll only keep one from their own world.

I think I'd have

Drizzt Do'urden

Arthur Dayne (why mess with a good thing?)

Inigo Montoya (don't mess with his father)

mneh, my brain hurts, I'll add to this if I think of more lol.

7 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

If you could create a kingsguard made of the best Fictional swordmans who would you pick?can't be someone with lightsaber or other non metal swords

If we’re only choosing candidates based on their skills with weaponry, then:

Rand al’Thor

Boromir, son of Denethor

Uhtred of Bebbanburg

Richard Sharpe

Hero Hynreck

Perrin Aybara

Master Piandao

Archived