MCUniverse: Into the Spider-Thread

SpaceChampion

Just now, sifth said:

They have different voices, but they talk in a similar manner. Also hair dye and wigs are a thing.

I think they sound quite alike actually, but in terms of looks they're pretty easy to distinguish.  As long as you get a good look at Owen's nose.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I mean they really look nothing alike.

I wouldn't go that far.  They definitely look like brothers.  If you look here, it's basically just the nose and hair that distinguish them.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I wouldn't go that far.  They definitely look like brothers.  If you look here, it's basically just the nose and hair that distinguish them.

Think you really need to squint to see it. I remember watching all of Bottle Rocket and not realising they were were related 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I wonder if Chad Boseman's Black Panther will exit the MCU as some kind of multiverse mishap killing him during Infinity War or Endgame, as a result of whatever happens in Strange 2.

My preference, to honour both the actor and character, wpuld be to have TChalla pass on the mantle of Black Panther. He’s king in a world where Wakanda has recently outed itself as the foremost tech nation, where its also recovering from the Snap and subsequent unsnap. Plenty of work, never mind running around as a superhero.

No need to show him; we dont see the US president in every MCU film. Or they can say he’s visiting the cloaked Wakandan colony on the Moon/Mars :P

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I wonder if Chad Boseman's Black Panther will exit the MCU as some kind of multiverse mishap killing him during Infinity War or Endgame, as a result of whatever happens in Strange 2.

I think they'll kill him off in the opening scene. I know they said they wouldn't CGI Boseman but they could just do the suit with the mask on. Or have Shuri monitoring some building he's in that then explodes. 

At the moment What if...? is set to have the final appearance of a lot of characters/performers. Boseman, Evans, Downey Jr, Atwell, Spader, Brolin, and possibly Michael B Jordan who seems to be appearing as a version of Black Panther.  If they can get that version across dimensions into the MCU I think that would be great. 

It's also possible this multiverse stuff results in a huge re-alignment of reality in the MCU. Like Strange is able to save the fabric of reality but not set our world back the way it was. so now there's Mutants and Killmonger was always a nice guy. etc..

I'd be very surprised if they killed off T'Challa; just like the Fast franchise didn't kill off Paul Walker's character. Whether or not they use one of Chadwick Boseman's brothers as a stand-in, I suspect they'll simply write him out. And then someone else will become the new Black Panther.

I think they should start Black Panther 2 with his funeral. Rewrites/off-screen indefinitely long vacations to another reality/CGI would just end up feeling cheap and kind of sad. Everyone knows that something awful has happened in reality. The funeral would give a few minutes of catharsis to the audience as well as, from a dramatic point of view, providing a good reason to bring a a large group of characters together. Recasting is the least worse of the other options. 

Yeah I think a funeral is the way to go. Seeing how much both the character and the actor had meant to a bunch of black Americans I think the audience deserves the closure and an opportunity to collectively mourn. Symbols are powerful.

10 hours ago, dog-days said:

I think they should start Black Panther 2 with his funeral.

And set it during the Blip. Mourn T'Challa and have someone else take up the mantle of Black Panther in his absence, who can continue in the role long term. It gives T'Challa a reason to retire from Panthering when he comes back, without requiring the character's ending to be as tragic as the actor's.

3 hours ago, felice said:

And set it during the Blip. Mourn T'Challa and have someone else take up the mantle of Black Panther in his absence, who can continue in the role long term. It gives T'Challa a reason to retire from Panthering when he comes back, without requiring the character's ending to be as tragic as the actor's.

How can anyone else take up the role of Black Panther when Killmonger had all the other “heart shaped herbs” destroyed?

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How can anyone else take up the role of Black Panther when Killmonger had all the other “heart shaped herbs” destroyed?

They'll find a way to retcon that. Like how Winter Solider and the current show are doing for Steve Rodgers's supper solider formula being destroyed in the first Cap movie.

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Pretty sure the Wakandans would have a secret stash somewhere. Or they can clone them

Archived