MCUniverse: Into the Spider-Thread

SpaceChampion

On 5/1/2021 at 4:41 AM, SpaceChampion said:

Deborah Ann Woll posted on instagram the poster for the Ben Affleck version of Daredevil....  creating speculation that the DD will be in No Way Home, but the Affleck version instead of Charlie Cox.

I don't believe it -- she 's probably just fond of the movie.  Or Affleck and Cox both, since it's a multiverse.  I can't see them snubbing Cox like this.

I thought it was confirmed that Cox was in the movie, potentially playing Matt Murdock and representing Peter Parker.  

That doesn't mean that Affleck can't pop up too.  We're apparently getting the two previous Spider-Man leads in the movie, so why not multiple Daredevils? 

26 minutes ago, briantw said:

I thought it was confirmed that Cox was in the movie, potentially playing Matt Murdock and representing Peter Parker.  

That doesn't mean that Affleck can't pop up too.  We're apparently getting the two previous Spider-Man leads in the movie, so why not multiple Daredevils? 

Nothings been confirmed. They haven't even admitted Maguire and Garfield are in it. It has been reported a lot, but half of those rumors turn out to be bullshit. 

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

Nothings been confirmed. They haven't even admitted Maguire and Garfield are in it. It has been reported a lot, but half of those rumors turn out to be bullshit. 

Yea exactly, I’m not assuming anything till we got more concrete info. It’ll be pretty disappointing for fans to go in thinking ‘oh my god I can’t believe they’re gonna fold in all the Netflix-verse and the Raimi-verse into the MCU’ and then none of that happens. The Multiverse seems to be this eternal tease that never actually happens. 

Rewatching all of them recently, I’d totally forgot how much the multiverse gets mentioned in the first Doctor Strange. But it’s not for actual parallel worlds, it’s for the mirror dimension and the dark dimension and stuff. 

So Captain Marvel 2 is going to be called The Marvels, and Black Panther 2 got a subtitle of Wakanda Forever. 

There's also a bit of The Eternals footage in there. 

49 minutes ago, RumHam said:

So Captain Marvel 2 is going to be called The Marvels, and Black Panther 2 got a subtitle of Wakanda Forever. 

There's also a bit of The Eternals footage in there. 

No mention that the logo at the end which presumably was “Phase 4” was very clearly the Fantastic 4 logo?!!?

27 minutes ago, Rhom said:

No mention that the logo at the end which presumably was “Phase 4” was very clearly the Fantastic 4 logo?!!?

Didn't we get the logo once before when they announced it or that Watts would be doing it? 

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Didn't we get the logo once before when they announced it or that Watts would be doing it? 

I don't recall that or any sort of official announcement.  Just a lot of presumptions that it will be coming.

8 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea exactly, I’m not assuming anything till we got more concrete info. It’ll be pretty disappointing for fans to go in thinking ‘oh my god I can’t believe they’re gonna fold in all the Netflix-verse and the Raimi-verse into the MCU’ and then none of that happens. The Multiverse seems to be this eternal tease that never actually happens. 

Rewatching all of them recently, I’d totally forgot how much the multiverse gets mentioned in the first Doctor Strange. But it’s not for actual parallel worlds, it’s for the mirror dimension and the dark dimension and stuff. 

Safest bet regarding the potential for cameos and guest stints in the next Spider-Man movie is to set the bar in terms of what the Arrowverse did with their Crisis...flashes and cameos to reference universal talking points, bit ultimately not significant to the plot.  

The major difference being the MCU wants to keep it all under wraps while the Arrowverse was trumpeting any and all cameo bits...I think both approaches are smart for each particular scenario. 

(Isn't the DCEU trying to do something similarbwith their Flash movie...8 expect a crash and burn there...)

The annoying thing is that it also got me hyped up for future movies, and that doesn’t really make sense because I know I’m not really hyped up at all!

Watching that scene from endgame there, with the crowd going mad for On your left and avengers assemble, it gave me shivers! Yet the actual experience of watching the movie left me cold.. I was quite bored by endgame.

Thats the power of trailers.

Theyve got me excited for more movies, yet the two big movies they showed in the trailer don’t look great, I might not even bother watching them.

The power of trailers 

I rewatched Captain Marvel last night - still pretty awesome - and that got me thinking about the announcement of The Marvels and that got me thinking about Kamala and the whole Young Avengers thing the MCU seems to be setting up.

Putting Kamala in a film after her series makes sense, as the MCU TV series seem to be about moving pieces around for the films to pick things up. We know that America Chavez will be in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. We know, too, that we've already seen Speed and Wiccan (who potentially could return in the same film), that we briefly saw Patriot, that Kate Bishop will be in the Hawkeye series, and that Ironheart has her own series in development. The Loki series could introduce Kid Loki, Cassie Lang is kicking around the MCU... that's a lot of teenage characters. The major omissions are Hulkling and Marvel Boy, and there's plenty of opportunity to bring them in - particularly if The Marvels focuses on the Kree/Skrull conflict, which seems highly likely.

Whether this involves an actual Young Avengers adaptation or not, Disney are definitely planning to put legacy heroes in place to perpetuate the MCU.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:48 PM, mormont said:

I rewatched Captain Marvel last night - still pretty awesome - and that got me thinking about the announcement of The Marvels and that got me thinking about Kamala and the whole Young Avengers thing the MCU seems to be setting up.

Putting Kamala in a film after her series makes sense, as the MCU TV series seem to be about moving pieces around for the films to pick things up. We know that America Chavez will be in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. We know, too, that we've already seen Speed and Wiccan (who potentially could return in the same film), that we briefly saw Patriot, that Kate Bishop will be in the Hawkeye series, and that Ironheart has her own series in development. The Loki series could introduce Kid Loki, Cassie Lang is kicking around the MCU... that's a lot of teenage characters. The major omissions are Hulkling and Marvel Boy, and there's plenty of opportunity to bring them in - particularly if The Marvels focuses on the Kree/Skrull conflict, which seems highly likely.

Whether this involves an actual Young Avengers adaptation or not, Disney are definitely planning to put legacy heroes in place to perpetuate the MCU.

I know they were a different set of characters, but I would have thought we'd have heard about a Power Pack show or movie by now for the younger slant of the MCU. I guess they were more tied in with the Fantastic Four, so probably won't appear until the F4 movie is out.

I don't think we know for sure if Secret Invasion is coming before or after The Marvels; based on them casting and going into pre-production now, presumably to shoot in the summer, it feels like they want to get the show out before the film (which makes me wonder if Ms. Marvel will show up in Secret Invasion as well).

Power Pack is a harder sell but it is in development, or was at one point.

https://geektyrant.com/news/marvel-studios-is-reportedly-in-active-development-on-a-power-pack-movie

They're only tied to the FF through Franklin's membership, which is a later development. OG Power Pack was a Louise Simonson project so was more linked to the X-Men, oddly (hence why they got involved in the Mutant Massacre, of all storylines, and had Katie team up with Wolverine to fight Lady Deathstrike: they also crossed over with the other X-titles, New Mutants and Excalibur. I will stop now before my late 80s Marvel trivia runs amok.)

With the Eternals movie coming out later this year I watched this video essay on the director Chloé Zhao to see what style of film we could expect from her. I've yet to watch any of her films but I came away from the video liking her style and approach. Unfortunately I have doubts about it working within an MCU movie. I hope I'm wrong and look forward to it being proven so, but I'm somewhat reminded of how Ang Lee, accomplished as he was with his period films, handled Hulk.       

Archived